Logistics ??????

Box Ox

I have gone into local restaurants and sitting in the bar. There is a feeder driver downing some drinks in there UPS shirt. Nice way to represent.

I won't even go down the beer isle in the grocery store after work in my browns. Somebody could pull out their phone, take a pic and all the sudden it becomes "UPS driver grabbing a six pack on lunch break" around the internet.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I won't even go down the beer isle in the grocery store after work in my browns. Somebody could pull out their phone, take a pic and all the sudden it becomes "UPS driver grabbing a six pack on lunch break" around the internet.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1429586296.132665.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Asked about getting a ups truck to a school for a demonstration. Believe it or not takes a week worth of planning. Can send a package around the world overnight , but can't get a package car 20 miles in 24 hrs. That's logistics!!!lol Going in my browns to represent . Maybe the fed-ex guy will let me show his truck after my presentation
Get used to it dude, mass chaos everyday, these jackasczzes cant do a damm thing right. Everyday is a failure, you have to figure it out yourself, because they sure as heck cant lol.

rod

Retired 22 years

I used to stop at the liquor store on the way back to the center maybe once a week and buy a case or two of beer. When I pulled up to the pump I would throw it in my pickup. Sometimes I would haul a cooler of ice to work and throw the beer on it so we could have a couple of brewskis in the parking lot after work. I even had one center manager who would join us .I did that for years. As far as I was concerned it wasn't any different than dragging back a couple of jugs of whiskey you got for a gift at Christmas,

BrownTexas

I don't see the point of teaching kids to "be like me". We work for a company that pisses on its employees, you can do with a high school diploma, and the difference in getting the job is who got here first. What do you teach the kids? Come work here, and get no family time?!?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Hey, when they start filming you , just call out that the work conditions are so bad that this is the best you could afford .

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Anytime I need to paint something , I always wear an old uniform .
Never did turn in them .
Nor did anyone request that I do so .
If i have something worn out, ripped or stained underarms it gets tossed. If it becomes too big etc it gets brought in to work.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I don't see the point of teaching kids to "be like me". We work for a company that pisses on its employees, you can do with a high school diploma, and the difference in getting the job is who got here first. What do you teach the kids? Come work here, and get no family time?!?
I think bringing the truck to an elementary school would be more for safety reasons. Let them rotate through the seat so they can see how hard it is to see behind and around the vehicle. You could show them the DIAD but they are above that in technology skills.

trickpony1

I'm truly surprised upstate hasn't chimed in on this topic.

Here's an idea....
The company could give upstate a new pkg car and pay him to travel around the state/country to indoctrinate the elementary and junior high kids in the wonderful ways of our company.

Considering the high turnover it may be a good idea to catch the kids at an impressionable age and would be a high ROI. (return on investment).

Atlanta....are you listening?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think bringing the truck to an elementary school would be more for safety reasons. Let them rotate through the seat so they can see how hard it is to see behind and around the vehicle. You could show them the DIAD but they are above that in technology skills.

I would have the kids line up behind the pkg car in the inverted triangle and then let them take turns sitting in the driver's seat looking at the camera so they can see just how hard it can be to tell if anyone is back there.

Showing them the DIAD would be a waste of time.