long time full time drivers

Purplepackage

Bid on every route, sometimes people turn the down for many reasons. I got my route because those who had more seniority turned it down.

I worked for the company for 6 months when I got my route, guy retired and the only people who signed the bid sheet were me and 2 other part timers that had chances prior to this and basically can't cut it so I was chosen by default. 2 other guys have years In compared to me but they just suck on the road

overflowed

Bid on every route, sometimes people turn the down for many reasons. I got my route because those who had more seniority turned it down.
I would take this advice seriously. I have a lot of friends that bid on jobs at least once a month and never take a job. It must be some weird fetish that they like seeing their name at the top of a ranking or something. Just apply and I guarantee you will be surprised how many people turn it down.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
So true...I think perhaps 1 in 5 applicants might be somewhat genuinely serious. The rest either withdraw or decline. Some get cold feet and others are just playing the "let's just see for gits and shiggles" game.