Longtime UPS delivery driver and Belmont resident shares ups and downs from 31 years of deliveries

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Longtime UPS delivery driver and Belmont resident shares ups and downs from 31 years of deliveries - Belmont

For 15 years, the brown UPS truck has been a welcome sight to many who live and work in Wellesley, both for the packages and for the woman delivering them.

Lauren Lennerton of Belmont has been delivering packages with UPS for just over 31 years, 15 of which she’s spent working in Wellesley. Three decades takes some dedication, but with customers like Lennerton’s, delivery routes feel like less of a chore.

The people, she explained, are the best part of her job: “Seeing the people, seeing how happy they are when I deliver their packages,” Lennerton said. “It’s helping the people and all my customers appreciating what I do for them.”

And it’s the people — the kids she’s watched grow up and the new families she’s welcomed to town — that make her upcoming retirement bittersweet.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I’ve known Lauren for almost 30 yrs , when I started out at UPS , she was one of the first friends I made there ,, although we have lost touch when I moved to feeders , we still beep and wave when passing in the Watertown building , best of luck old friend , you will be missed !! Enjoy your new life !!!