Look at what Diadlover got today.......

diadlover

I was hoping the box would have been filled with money this time, but no such luck. It was a turkey.

Ebaypicts002.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hey, there's no MSG AND it's gluten free. What more could you possibly ask for?!

At least your family will have a turkey for Xmas......consider those that have nothing.

~Sister Mary Paris~

JustAnotherBody

it may be small but it still works....

mine did just what i thought/wanted it to do. when i climbed on the ie guys bumper and heaved the bird 2 handed it went straight threw his windsheild... man that was loud.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I get the people in my building to donate their turkeys to a childrens home. get about 35 birds to feed the kids
Thats what I do too. We usually have a few extras leftover and I ask if anybody wants to donate theirs. I know a guy that converted an old SWAT Team van into a mobile kitchen and he feeds homeless people in downtown Atlanta.:wink:

browniehound

Although I would love to recieve a cash$$$$$$$$ bonus from UPS, I understand this is not not possible under the contract (for better of worse). I do, however, greatly appreciate the Christmas turkey. I eat mine every year and really do enjoy this gift from UPS.

I guess I could have donated it. But, this to me would mean a small amount of people would have to show up at a specific time (before it went bad), to eat the turkey. I instead, am going to donate in non-perishable food products to the local food pantry twice the amount that the Christmas turkey in valued at. Again, UPS thank you for helping me feed my local hungry people through your generous turkey gift:thumbup1:

dodptsup

Last year on upser's.com, they ran a story kind of explaining the Holiday turkey give-away. In the early days of UPS, , they gave the employees a gold $20.00 gold piece, in appreciation of the job they had done. This continued for quite some time, then, I think it was in the 20's they went to the turkey. It was discontinued during WWII, due to rationing and all, but then brought back after the war. Just think, if you account for inflation and all, what the equivalent of that $20.00 would be today. Just a wild guess, but they probably only made that much a month back then. A months pay a Christmas would be a cool bonus, especially for the full timers.

cpio

I donated my turkey. This guy I work with that breaks open tote bags has a second job at some place that cares for homeless, low-income and otherwise underprivileged kids, and he takes many of the unclaimed turkeys.

skoomer

Wow a "turkey in a box". Can't wait to get mine. I still have last years in the deep freeze down stairs. Got to cook it up for the dogs i guess...

rod

Retired 22 years
I donated my turkey. This guy I work with that breaks open tote bags has a second job at some place that cares for homeless, low-income and otherwise underprivileged kids, and he takes many of the unclaimed turkeys.
A few years back on the friday the turkeys came in some of us asked for the extra turkeys but were told they were going to be donated to the food shelf. Needless to say when monday rolled around they had been setting all weekend long directley under a heater and were unthawed and hot so probably spoiled. They (all 8 of them)were thrown away. Talk about finger pointing. Never asked again.

technojesus

Technology Support Group
Questionable turkey...

I've seen them as well. My question is, aren't turkeys supposed to be kept in a cold environment? Since when was it okay to give employees luke warm turkeys that have been sitting in a cardboard box for god knows how long...

Enjoy the salmenella poisoning!