W

westsideworma

Multiple choice:
a) PAS
b) EDD
c) Taking care of Wall Street first.
d) None of the above
e) All of the above

hmmm considering PAS ain't cuttin it where I'm at (we have IE patrolling the lines here allllll week)...Im gonna go with D

Channahon

Customer service is perception and reality. And first call resolution for customers.

The front line people are who the customers come in contact with, that would be our drivers. Secondly, would be our Business Development, IE and Operations Management who interact with customers based on their needs.

Our call centers do their best to provide first call resolution when our customers call in with a complaint or concern. That is what first class customer orientated companies do to keep the customers satisfied.

UPS is a global company, and many times, we have tunnel vision to our workplaces. In the scope of a global organization, UPS has been very agressive over the years to establish the UPS brand.

satellitedriver

This list puts UPS #1 in the shipping category. Look where FEDEX is on the list.
It compares apples to oranges and only quantifies customer satisfaction.
Heck, I can tell you about a place that serves the best hand made burgers and fries, where everyone leaves full and satisfied. Their customer satisfaction would leave UPS in the dust.

Say what you will about PAS, call centers, etc., we deliver more packages on time now than we ever have. Because of full visibility, we and our customers know exactly how we did on every package. That was not true of the "good old days". Then we believed we were really good. We are better now.

SmithBarney

Of course the company made the list..
when you see the other options out there UPS is Better..

Customers don't see PAS EDD IE, they just know the guys in brown.
The guy in brown brings happiness in the form of packages.

When you look from the inside out, of course we see all the flaws.
the Customer rarely sees that, in the exception of late or lost packages.
but we have a much higher ratio of "sucessful" to "unsucessful" deliveries
compared to the competition.

Otherwise, dispatch, over under 9.5, grievences, bricked out, and all
the problems we face daily, mean nothing to them.

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
Of course the company made the list..
when you see the other options out there UPS is Better..

Customers don't see PAS EDD IE, they just know the guys in brown.
The guy in brown brings happiness in the form of packages.

When you look from the inside out, of course we see all the flaws.
the Customer rarely sees that, in the exception of late or lost packages.
but we have a much higher ratio of "sucessful" to "unsucessful" deliveries
compared to the competition.

Otherwise, dispatch, over under 9.5, grievences, bricked out, and all
the problems we face daily, mean nothing to them.

Agreed. The customers could care less about how we do our jobs or what we deal with everyday. As far as they are concerned we only handle their package. Yes, it's frustrating sometimes, but we have to empathize with them. I remember one Friday night unloading 3/4 of a trailer just to find the wedding dress for a woman who was getting married the next day. The shipper screwed up and didn't ship it Saturday NDA. If that's not customer service, I don't know what is. I don't think FedEx would do that, and I KNOW DHL wouldn't have.

I read somewhere some time ago about successful service. Of all the packages delivered by DHL, something like only 86% make it to their destination on time. For FedEx ground it was something like 93% and for UPS it was 99.8%. I think that says a lot right there.