Looking For Part Time Pension Info

Jeeper

I worked part-time for UPS from 1984 - 1993 in Iowa and am currently 60 years old and approaching retirement from a public school teaching career. I searched online and found this site but after reading several of the posts in the retirement section, my head is spinning even more. I'm curious about how much of a pension I may be eligible for from UPS and how I go about accessing it. Any information or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

rod

Retired 22 years
You are asking at the wrong place. Your best bet would be to contact the Local that covered you when you were at UPS. There can't be that many Locals in Iowa.

Jeeper

It's different everywhere. From my understanding the part time pension isn't available until age 65, without a huge penalty

Thanks IGP4U, I'm continuing to search through previous posts and am rapidly coming to that conclusion. Looks like the local Teamsters may be a good place to start....I always thought I needed to contact UPS directly for info on my pension.

Thanks IGP4U, I'm continuing to search through previous posts and am rapidly coming to that conclusion. Looks like the local Teamsters may be a good place to start....I always thought I needed to contact UPS directly for info on my pension.
The pension is different everywhere.
Here my part time years pension are through the company, my full time years are through the teamsters

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
@Jeeper : If you were under the company plan (and I suspect you were), they can be reached at: UPS Pension Plan, 55 Glenlake Parkway NE, Atlanta, GA 30328

Jeeper

@Jeeper : If you were under the company plan (and I suspect you were), they can be reached at: UPS Pension Plan, 55 Glenlake Parkway NE, Atlanta, GA 30328

Thanks Hondo, I'll definitely get in touch with them. I'm cautiously optimistic about the amount I may be eligible for from my years at UPS. From what I've read on here, it could amount to $50 per year of service and I worked part time for nine years. If that holds true, that'll be $450 per month which will be a nice supplement to my teaching pension.