Looking for red circled p/t +39 yrs ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have been asked to submit this question by our most senior part timer.
He was wondering if there are any other red circled part timers out there with 39 yrs or more ?
Who are you ? And where are you ?

helenofcalifornia

We had one retire out here with about thirty years. 39 years of PT work!! Damn! What kind of work does he or she do besides any job they want. How many weeks of vacation a year? Do they work a second job?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
And why are you still working after 39 years? :)
because he likes to.
We had one retire out here with about thirty years. 39 years of PT work!! Damn! What kind of work does he or she do besides any job they want. How many weeks of vacation a year? Do they work a second job?

he is a school teacher and
his UPS job is high value clerk
Our building also has other 30+ part timers ( 3 ).
Max vacation is 6 weeks, 7 if you use some personal and sick days.

JonFrum

I have been asked to submit this question by our most senior part timer.
He was wondering if there are any other red circled part timers out there with 39 yrs or more ?
Who are you ? And where are you ?
"Next door" to you, here in Lynnfield (Ma.), we have two Red Circled part-timers left. Both have almost 37 years and both are Stewards. Nick P. is on the Local Sort; Rick S. is on the Preload. Both are guaranteed eight hours a day.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
because he likes to.

he is a school teacher and
his UPS job is high value clerk
Our building also has other 30+ part timers ( 3 ).
Max vacation is 6 weeks, 7 if you use some personal and sick days.

Wow, I knew he had many years in but not that many.

What is funny Mufstafo is that here the high value clerks are non-union. That is something I do not understand.

JonFrum

How can you be pt and guaranteed 8 hrs a day that would make you full time.
Originally part-timers were guaranteed four hours, and if they worked one minute past four hours, they were guaranteed eight hours. Often the shift would not wrap up under four hours, or there would be a supervisor working, so the Red Circled part-timers would get paid for the full eight hours, even if they only worked, say, four and a half hours.

Red Circle part-timers make the same hourly rate as the drivers, but they worked off the part-time seniority list.

Eventually UPS just guaranteed them eight hours, since their guarantee formula triggered the eight hours almost every day anyway.

Big Babooba

And why are you still working after 39 years? :)
Ask his wife / ex wife. My divorce almost guarantees that I won't be able to retire.:angry: She gets half my pension, most of my 401K and $175 / week support.:greedy: She'll be eating caviar and I'll be eating tuna fish.:sad-little:

rod

Retired 22 years
Ask his wife / ex wife. My divorce almost guarantees that I won't be able to retire.:angry: She gets half my pension, most of my 401K and $175 / week support.:greedy: She'll be eating caviar and I'll be eating tuna fish.:sad-little:

A classic case of the "@#$%^&* you get for the @#$%^&* you got". Did you have a female judge?