Looks Familiar...

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Here is just a thought I'd like to lay out for some "constructive" discussion. I know that "constructive discussion" is asking a lot from this group, but what he heck; here it goes:

I'm under the "impression / understanding" that due to such incredibly low shipping rates that UPS has negotiated with Amazon, that UPS makes almost no, if any, profit off of Amazon deliveries.

I'm not positive that it is a true statement, but if true, that means the profitability of UPS would not be "financially" harmed at all by losing Amazon. UPS would just be cutting an expense (customer) that isn't generating any profit.
In other words, is UPS just crying about possibly losing a customer (Amazon) that doesn't do anything to add to the quarterly profits ???

What are some thoughts on this ???

Not much in revenue, but every little bit helps.

https://www.quora.com/Shipping-What-percentage-of-UPS-shipments-are-Amazon-boxes-packages

Chester

I’ve personally had more Amazon than usual lately and I’m betting it stays that way for years. They’ll never be able to deliver all their own stuff at the rate they are growing, yea yea Drones, ok

Fragile

I think UPS takes on the Amazon work because they're already going to deliver in the area.

Especially in major metropolitan areas. Why leave money on the table (even if it is pennies) when I'm already on the block.