Loss of job threat for calling in an injury

UPS Lifer

Has anyone had an on job injury and have there center mgr refuse to call it in? I did and called it in myself and was told that if i ever did that again he was going to fire me.He hung up on me before I could ask him why not fire me now.I think I have a good reason to file a grievance.What do you think.........:laugh:

By all means...you need to bring this to the surface and hold the manager accountable. The best way to do this is by writing a grievance. If you feel intimidiated by this alternative call the 800 line.

One of my biggest pet peeves as a management person was being prematurely judged by non-management for the "sins" of previous management. Managers and supervisors that mistreat or show disrespect to others deserve the harshest disipline. Bottom line: They give the rest of us a bad name.
Please...Bring this to light and let others determine the facts. Believe me, something will be done if you get the right people involved. HR - Safety - .

Safety is a very touchy subject and someone who lacks integrety will get what they deserve. Let us know what happens!

I am sorry ...I can't tolerate dishonest managment folks. Mind you, it is not my place to judge this person but it is your responsibility to state the facts as you see them and give the other person the opportunity to defend themselves. You need to do this ASAP! Get your steward and the Employee Relations Mgr involved immediately.

guzzi71

Can do it when I get around to it.
Don't worry about me,I've had 20 different supervisors and 7 Ctr Mgrs.There all gone and I'm still here.Been at this game a long time and don't take kindly to threats or harassment.Trust me, I just want others to know what goes on in the big brown it's more of a company info notice.I know my rights and am not afraid to use them and do.It's your right to report an injury as it was his to obligation to report it.He did not I exercised my right and called it in myself. They don't care if you are falling apart as long as it doesn't affect there numbers on road and off.Most of them think they are doctors they are not what I'm saying is if you are injured REPORT it.