Lost Diad/Broken Diad

R

rocketman

IF YOU drop it or it goes blank befor u call push A K X at the same time hold it 4 acouple of seconds it will reboot good luck rember dont drop em throw em .

Eclipz

I have dropped my diad a few times but the worst that happened is that it didn't "beep" for a while. Oh, and once I forgot my diad at home after taking a break there. Luckely, I only had scheduled PU left to do and I could do those without the diad so I picked it up later after all the PU's.

Dustyroads

A few years ago, using one of the older diad versions, I was delivering to this feedlot, for those of you in the city, that's where they have 1,000's of cattle penned up feeding them corn and hay prior to their big day. Anyway, it was the rainy season and there were a lot of big puddles of stuff everywhere... and the diad slipped off the top of a couple boxes and fell, completely submerged in cattle excrement.

The good part, they are waterproof, and I was able to hose it off. The bad part, I had to dip my hand down into the stuff to retrieve it, and no matter how much I washed my hands, the smell didn't come off the rest of the day.

Base Comm

I forget the DIAD II one time on the bumper after my last pickup stop.
Was driving for like 2 minutes and reached into the toaster to glance at the DIAD and "oh snap!"

Almost turned into a one way street in a frantic attempt go around the block but dammit i had only 10 minutes left to make it to the relay.
Yeah that was a tough call to the center manager. hhaha

Cust on another route called next morning to say he found DIAD in the middle of an intersection. when i got it back it had tire tracks and scuff marks all over it but was still working hehehe

whiskey

Just curious... a friend of mine "lost" his diad and couldn't find it... and it was never recovered. Another buddy dropped his out of his truck on the freeway and managed to recover it, dinged and scratched but still working... There's gotta be other stories out there... share with us
I have a Michigan golf bag.
The DIAD is pretty much indestructible. Mine exited my vehicle at about 30 MPH, tumbled 100 feet and was fine. Never had one crash from falling.

JonFrum

This was a long time ago, I can't remember what kind or if any discipline was taken. This same guy DRed a Mink Coat in the rain about this same time, I remember he was asked to pay for it.:tongue_sm
Minks wear their coats out in the rain all the time. You don't hear them complaining. :happy2:

[Sorry to wait two and a half years to comment. I had stuff to do.] :happy-very:

old levi's

blank space
I have dropped my diad a few times but the worst that happened is that it didn't "beep" for a while. Oh, and once I forgot my diad at home after taking a break there. Luckely, I only had scheduled PU left to do and I could do those without the diad so I picked it up later after all the PU's.

Drop it again and usually the beep will return. I'm just saying..................

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Worked with a former driver who 'lost' his also. I could not imagine how it got away from him. Found out later on he was making out with a lady customer in the back of the truck for an unauthorized period of time. Must have decided it would be cheaper to 'lose' the diad and keep the job. He was later terminated for other incredibly risky stuff. Just friggin stupitt.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
So what is the authorized period of time for making out with a lady customer in the back of the truck?

Don't think he knew the answer to that either, hence the 'lost' diad. I think you can take more time in back of the truck than in front.....generally speaking.

Eclipz

Drop it again and usually the beep will return. I'm just saying..................

You know, I found out that that actually works if you do that a couple of times. It's looks stupid to preform though. One might think you're bashing your diad cause you hate your work (which is not true...not always).

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
You know, I found out that that actually works if you do that a couple of times. It's looks stupid to preform though. One might think you're bashing your diad cause you hate your work (which is not true...not always).

For some reason, I ALWAYS get the DIAD that doesn't beep! So, I usually hit it on the shelf on its side! Don't have to hit it hard either....:peaceful:

I find that if you tap or bounce it (about 4-6 inches high) on it's head on a hard surface like the sidewalk the sound will return.

RobRoy

I remember a driver returning to the center with a smashed DIAD II. The center manager asked the driver what happened and he said "I dropped it". The center manager asked, "You just dropped it, are you sure?". After the driver replied yes the center manager pulled a DIAD out of the rack, threw it against the cinder block wall in the center and then sheeted a package, baa-blipp. "You dropped it like that Joe?" the center manager asked the driver who just remained slient. The center manager then did it again and sheeted another package, baa-blipp. After the third throw, the driver blurted out..."OK, OK, I dropped and RAN OVER IT". :-)