Louisville Incident

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Why are we getting news from a source located in the UK?

Were there no local or national US sources available?

Police in Louisville arrived as gunshots were still being fired inside Old National Bank and exchanged fire with the shooter, Louisville Metro Police Department Deputy Chief Paul Humphrey said at a news conference. It wasn’t clear whether the shooter killed himself or was shot by officers.

“We believe this is a lone gunman involved in this that did have a connection to the bank. We’re trying to establish what that connection was to the business, but it appears he was a previous employee,” Humphrey said.

This is an example of how incomplete local & national news outlets are. This was updated just 17 minutes ago. Maybe all news outlets should consult with The Daily Mail prior to releasing their take.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Police in Louisville arrived as gunshots were still being fired inside Old National Bank and exchanged fire with the shooter, Louisville Metro Police Department Deputy Chief Paul Humphrey said at a news conference. It wasn’t clear whether the shooter killed himself or was shot by officers.

“We believe this is a lone gunman involved in this that did have a connection to the bank. We’re trying to establish what that connection was to the business, but it appears he was a previous employee,” Humphrey said.

This is an example of how incomplete local & national news outlets are. This was updated just 17 minutes ago. Maybe all news outlets should consult with The Daily Mail prior to releasing their take.
Tranny?

bacha29

Happens so often it is no longer newsworthy.
Spot on. At the rate this thing is going, every morning coming across the crawl will be posted the number of mass shootings the previous 24 hours and the number of casualties. And that will be it

Any by the way, Mitch McConnell sends along his own "thoughts and prayers". I'm sure the victims families will feel much better.
After all, not every family is blessed with the thoughts and prayers of Mitch McConnell.

vantexan

Spot on. At the rate this thing is going, every morning coming across the crawl will be posted the number of mass shootings the previous 24 hours and the number of casualties. And that will be it

Any by the way, Mitch McConnell sends along his own "thoughts and prayers". I'm sure the victims families will feel much better.
After all, not every family is blessed with the thoughts and prayers of Mitch McConnell.
Have you given much thought to all the dead and wounded in Chicago and other major cities that occur on a daily basis while looking at these mass shootings? Do you care?

bacha29

Have you given much thought to all the dead and wounded in Chicago and other major cities that occur on a daily basis while looking at these mass shootings? Do you care?
Do you? Your party is all pro life but refuses to pass even the most benign gun control legislation in an effort to stop or at the very least reduce the number of incidents such as theses. Can't risk the loss of that money coming from manufacturers and gun rights groups. So we'll just send along our thoughts and prayers and in a few days this mass shooting like all the others will too be forgotten.

So in the meantime simply total up the previous days shootings, count up the casualties and put it on the crawl the next morning.

bacha29

AR-15 style rifle was used and two police officers were wounded.
One who is in critical condition.
A town cop isn't important enough for Congress to stand up to the gun lobby and take action. It will require a major political figure to get whacked before the GOP is willing to risk the loss of those gun lobby dollars.

No gun legislation since the last president got shot.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre referenced Monday’s attack on a Louisville, Kentucky, bank and pushed for gun storage laws, an “assault weapons” ban, a “high capacity” magazine ban, and the ability to file suits against gun manufacturers.
She put forward the gun controls at approximately 2:15 p.m. Eastern, a time at which police had released no details on the type of gun used or the means by which the gun was acquired.

oldngray

nowhere special

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre referenced Monday’s attack on a Louisville, Kentucky, bank and pushed for gun storage laws, an “assault weapons” ban, a “high capacity” magazine ban, and the ability to file suits against gun manufacturers.
She put forward the gun controls at approximately 2:15 p.m. Eastern, a time at which police had released no details on the type of gun used or the means by which the gun was acquired.

bacha29

The White House would be briefed before the public is informed. Standard procedure.

bacha29

As the White House explained following last week's mass shooting the administration has no more executive order powers at it's disposal to curb the violence. It's up to the GOP controlled House to take action.
And just like the Republicans did nothing about abortions for the last 50 years, they will do nothing about gun violence.

vantexan

Do you? Your party is all pro life but refuses to pass even the most benign gun control legislation in an effort to stop or at the very least reduce the number of incidents such as theses. Can't risk the loss of that money coming from manufacturers and gun rights groups. So we'll just send along our thoughts and prayers and in a few days this mass shooting like all the others will too be forgotten.

So in the meantime simply total up the previous days shootings, count up the casualties and put it on the crawl the next morning.
I'd be 100% for taking every gun away if I knew that the megalomaniacs running the Democratic Party wouldn't then use their guns to force us into their vision of what life would be. I don't doubt for a minute that you'd let criminals run rampant, you'd shut down churches, you'd suppress free speech, have abortion up to just before birth, euthanize the elderly, and flat out execute everyone who doesn't go along. That you never discuss all the people who protect themselves from harm with guns makes me think you've got a liberal agenda like all the rest. It's a damn shame that people shoot others for no good reason but damn if it seems like it's always troubled young people who don't have God in their lives. That's the world YOU created and want. So get off your sanctimonious high horse.

One day at a time

What in the hell,sue the gun manufactures?she is an idiot. The gun or the manufacturer is not the problem.

bacha29

I'd be 100% for taking every gun away if I knew that the megalomaniacs running the Democratic Party wouldn't then use their guns to force us into their vision of what life would be. I don't doubt for a minute that you'd let criminals run rampant, you'd shut down churches, you'd suppress free speech, have abortion up to just before birth, euthanize the elderly, and flat out execute everyone who doesn't go along. That you never discuss all the people who protect themselves from harm with guns makes me think you've got a liberal agenda like all the rest. It's a damn shame that people shoot others for no good reason but damn if it seems like it's always troubled young people who don't have God in their lives. That's the world YOU created and want. So get off your sanctimonious high horse.
And your are comments are in keeping with the fear and terror right wing media is constantly seeking to instill in the minds of it's viewers.

Roosevelt was correct when he said:...."the only thing we have to fear....is fear itself".