Louisville Incident

newolddude

Why would the Uvalde police department, a small town police department, be remotely similar to a big city department with SWAT and all that?
Watch the Nashville video. He was a beat cop who rolled up, got keys, pulled out a rifle from his standard police car called for 3 or 4 guys to back him up and pushed in hard. He wasn't SWAT.

There aren't as many details from St. Louis. But again sounds like normal beat cops who were in the door in under 2 minutes after arrival. Not trained, hardened, geared up SWAT guys.

Thebrownblob

Watch the Nashville video. He was a beat cop who rolled up, got keys, pulled out a rifle from his standard police car called for 3 or 4 guys to back him up and pushed in hard. He wasn't SWAT.

There aren't as many details from St. Louis. But again sounds like normal beat cops who were in the door in under 2 minutes after arrival. Not trained, hardened, geared up SWAT guys.
Wait, so you’re saying guns can save people? That’s insane I thought they were only meant for mass slaughter?

Thebrownblob

When in the hands of a trained professional.
Wait a minute I thought you said cops were murders? I am a skilled pro marksman with certification I can guarantee you I can handle any weapon, better than any donut, eating cop. You wouldn’t know a trained professional if you met one.

PT Car Washer

At least since Uvalde the cops appear to have learned. At both the recent St. Louis and Nashville school shootings the cops charged in hard, fast and took the shooter down very quickly. Big props to them. They didn't stand around and put on lip balm or wait for clearance like Uvalde.
Unfortunately the police are learning through experience.

Thebrownblob

When in the hands of a trained professional.

I guess these are all trained professionals, right?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
New shooting in Washington,DC.
This time the shooter drove away.
It happened right in front of a funeral home, where the services for a 25 year old just ended.
Sounds like a gang thing.

bacha29

Wait a minute I thought you said cops were murders? I am a skilled pro marksman with certification I can guarantee you I can handle any weapon, better than any donut, eating cop. You wouldn’t know a trained professional if you met one.
And I bet you don't have a nickel's worth of liability insurance backing you should you use your shooting skills to kill or injure another person and you fail to prove in a court of law that it was warranted . Never thought about that now did you?

Manslaughter conviction. Getting sued by the victims family taking every cent of personal property to your name. Not a single gunslinger on this page has ever stopped for a moment and considered what the personal consequences could be if they used lethal force to take another life and they fail to prove that it was warranted.

Defending the rule of law is commendable...Until the law comes for you and you discover that contrary to your long standing belief that the law is always on your side that is this particular case....it isn't.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
And I bet you don't have a nickel's worth of liability insurance backing you should you use your shooting skills to kill or injure another person and you fail to prove in a court of law that it was warranted . Never thought about that now did you?

Manslaughter conviction. Getting sued by the victims family taking every cent of personal property to your name. Not a single gunslinger on this page has ever stopped for a moment and considered what the personal consequences could be if they used lethal force to take another life and they fail to prove that it was warranted.

Defending the rule of law is commendable...Until the law comes for you and you discover that contrary to your long standing belief that the law is always on your side that is this particular case....it isn't.
Dead men tell no tales.

newolddude

I guess these are all trained professionals, right?
How many of those crimes/robberies etc stopped with AR-15s?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

$20/month.