Love Connections

T

toonertoo

All the glamour and glitter, and the prestige of your uniform, AND ......you get paid too!!!!!!!!!!?????? Only in America.

(Message edited by toonertoo on September 09, 2003)

T

trouble1903

My husband hates me in my browns, hell for that fact so do I!! But I find a lot of guys who really like a woman in browns..I don't get it??

B

brownmonster

Don't get it? Wer'e Guys!! We like Women in Brown's, Greens, Burlap Sacks, whatever!!!

T

toonertoo

Yes Men like us in browns, or greens,or nothing, men are men......But we women, that 3% of UPS drivers, didnt get all the hype the guys got for being in uniform, and I am feeling neglected about that, even tho the hype was 7 yrs ago or so.....I believe it was good housekeeping I read it in. I think I will be traumitized forever..... Just kiddin.......I do think you guys all look great!!!!!!!!!!!!

R

rushfan

For you lady drivers-Don't feel left out.
It's a long week for some customers when I have to fill in for one female. I always get,"those aren't sue's legs" (name changed to protect her identity). Or where is that sexy ups gal?

T

tahoepickup

I haven't seen my driver for 4 days and I'm already suffering from withdrawal!!!

T

toonertoo

Yes Rushfan It is a tough act to follow. I feel bad when the drivers tell customers they cut my route out and put it on three other drivers. customers take it as it took 3 drivers to take my place. But I am just TOO busy to explain. And better yet is when a sup rides with a new driver, and neither one knows where to go and they say "OH, IT TAKES TWO OF YOU TO REPLACE HER" I know the reason, but like I said just TOO busy to explain. Gotta get the notariety where I can. (-:

A

atanman1

STILL WAITING FOR UPS MAN TO DELIVER... read the article in the local newspaper. The story went on and on about how this woman met a man UPS driver (you have to clarify nowdays) and how she was falling in love... she didn't know his name, but would smile at him daily... yada yada yada.

I could not belive it made the local newspaper, but it did and all the guys were guessing as to who it could possibly be as there are a couple giggolos in our center.

Caused quite a stir. Quite amusing. Thought I'd share it. There are many more... but not appropriate.

B

beacon_ray

We could always "kick this up a notch", and talk about some love affairs amoung our own ranks----ie: between management and hourly!!! A BIG NO-NO!! But it happens anyway. Any stories??? If you care to!!!

B

beacon_ray

OK!!!! Many years ago, I drove with a guy that was wanting to go into supervision. He made it, and was assigned many supervisory jobs from preload , to driver sup, to his last assignment----lost prevention. At his last place, he took a liking to one of the hourly employees. Word was getting around, but the company needed hard cold facts in order to prove their case and ultimately terminate his employment. The company set up a kind of a sting opperation. They heard that the couple would sometimes go off by themselves and enter a trailor backed into one of the hubs docks. UPS set up a couple video cameras in some trailors and-------GUESS WHAT???Filmed the loving couple doing the "BIG NASTY" on some oversized packages. The guy became history with UPS!!

B

beacon_ray

Oh----forgot to add-----the guy was married----girl single. Not only did he loose his job with UPS, but his wife left him too!!!

N

nevadapaul

Well, we had a couple of drivers who were caught doing the "Horizonal Mombo" in a package car during their lunch, by a retired DM.

B

beacon_ray

Yep, that was going on at our center too. The drivers never got caught, but I would hear all the juicy details the next day. This driver was one of my closest friends, he was also our union steward. I guess she was paying him back for all the times he had to go to bat for her to get her job back!! She was so infatuated with him, she would stop by his house on Saturday to "discuss" union business. His wife kinda new something was going on, but was never able to prove it. It all ended when she got fed up with her job and quit.

T

tahoepickup

OMG! I can't believe these stories! I guess all that UPS frustration had to go somewhere

It seems UPS'ers can meet a lot of single men/women on the job and it probably beats trying to meet someone at a bar or something like that. However, with all the hours you guys are pulling, who has time to date? Some of you probably can't even spend time with your own families

B

beacon_ray

Tahoe, These situations are really not unique to UPS, it happens in any company. The couples get all caught up in each other and things happen. In the end, someone has to pay the ultimate price. Ray

T

tieguy

I have heard quite a few stories about drivers providing the customers with some extra service. That takes guts or B _ L L S no pun intended.
(Well maybe a small pun intended) I think someday when I retire I might write a book. Travel around the country , hit the local UPS watering holes and just collect stories to add to the book. I need a good title though........

T

tahoepickup

tie: What kind of extra service are we talkin about?

The most extra service I've gotten from my driver is having my pickup last on his schedule so I can finish packing up my stuff. What am I doing wrong??? jk