Lunch hour ?? 30 day qualifying.

Steamer

i asked another driver about this yesterday and he said unscheduled only worked if the person you're picking up the pkg from had an account with ups, is that not the case?

Oh ya. The shipper number is the first 6 numbers and letters after the 1Z.... I forgot to mention that. I know quite a bit of stuff from asking other drivers. Plus watching Youtube videos or being in here. Not too bad for a Rookie.

I learned something new Friday. One of my delivery packages didn't have a shipper label. But had a Z scan small label. You can use a shortcut to deliver those as well. Under shipper you put AIRAIR for shipper if it's an air package. And GNDGND for ground.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
does anyone have any idea what kind of time this adds?

i have around 20-30apts on my last route that are 2-4 floor walkups. another long time driver showed me how to add room number and floor to add time but she wasn't able to give me any more info than that.

Steamer

i have around 20-30apts on my last route that are 2-4 floor walkups. another long time driver showed me how to add room number and floor to add time but she wasn't able to give me any more info than that.
My guess would be only like say 30 seconds per package. But if you have 20 packages to scan real fast it can help.

Steamer

Ya, I learned that one last Christmas season doing it for apartments. I'm on a county route this year.

Steamer

Management doesn't even know. It's a corporate secret to keep us moving along at the brisk pace.

You go under the menu and select "unscheduled" Then input the address to the place you are picking up the unscheduled pick up. You will have to hit OVERRIDE sometimes when doing the address street part. Just make sure it has the right information for city and zip. Then you scan each package. It will keep the count for you. Then just input that count on the next screen and hit stop complete. It's really only worth it for say 3 or more packages for the time allowance. If it's less I just use special counts and scan.

The shipper number is the first 6 numbers and letters after the 1Z....
We was told to never use the unscheduled pickup.

Steamer

what are clicks? I am new and about to start my 30 day.
You take your tongue and make a funny noise with it. :happy:

Every hour is divided by 100 clicks. Just a measurement of time. 17 clicks is 10 minutes. 50 clicks is 30 minutes.

I was coming in about 45 minutes early for time allowed. It looks good on paper. Also seatbelt, not recording in travel and so on. I looked like a rock star on paper.