Lunch

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I already asked a steward. Apparently they can force us to work through lunch but have to pay us an 1hr of OT which I already get everyday regardless on top of all the other overtime but no lunch.
Funny how the company didn’t force lunch during the pandemic, during peak season but now randomly enforce it & im still not allowed a lunch bc it’s inconvenient. Contractually they can do it.
They can’t contractually do it here. In fact, they’ll write you up if you don’t take it.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Apparently contractually they can force us to work through our lunch but we get a big paid 20 min break. The union allowing more 1 sided deals like letting drivers work 6 days a week. I saw the most action out of the union during the election last year where most on the ballots never introduced themselves but when we need them to hear our concerns they’re no where to be found
Way too many idiots volunteering for Saturdays.
Buncha money hungry angry runner gunners here. Oh well more days off for me LOL
🧔✊

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
So as usual the company decided to start making 1hr lunch mandatory even tho they didn’t enforce it all of peak. I’m a 22.3 (PL/Air) and they are not making me or the other 3 22.3’s take a 1hr lunch bc if it’s between the 4th & 5th hr that’s during Pre load when we’re super busy & already short handed so being an inconvenience to the company they won’t let us even when I asked to take my lunch since they are enforcing it. Can the company make me work every lunch of mine but then Force others?

Any tips on what can be done?
Don’t worry buddy you’ll just punch out your lunch while driving back to building like all the runners do! 🤣
🧔✊

Brownt10

Way too many idiots volunteering for Saturdays.
Buncha money hungry angry runner gunners here. Oh well more days off for me LOL
🧔✊
Very few people volunteer for Saturday’s. According to the company & union as long as we’re in an “emergency” like this covid pandemic even though the vaccine is available (trump juice) they can force people to work a 6th day

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Order a pizza
Usually I have your wife drop me off something
EDD79BF3-A648-4D81-A5C1-C612BA8D754C.gif

specter208

So as usual the company decided to start making 1hr lunch mandatory even tho they didn’t enforce it all of peak. I’m a 22.3 (PL/Air) and they are not making me or the other 3 22.3’s take a 1hr lunch bc if it’s between the 4th & 5th hr that’s during Pre load when we’re super busy & already short handed so being an inconvenience to the company they won’t let us even when I asked to take my lunch since they are enforcing it. Can the company make me work every lunch of mine but then Force others?

Any tips on what can be done?
Why are you guys having 1Hour lunch. Here it is only 30 min unpaid.

What supplement are you? Mine has this exact language so don’t go bashing the union, get to a meeting and start reading your contract. You want a quick fix and sometimes things take time.

From Metro Philly Supplement:

The Employer shall have the right to require employees to take a meal period of one (1) hour. The Employer may direct any employ- ee to work all or part of his/her one (1) hour meal period, in which event the employee shall receive twenty (20) minutes to eat on Em- ployer’s time and the employee may not be dismissed one (1) hour early but must be worked to the employee’s regular quitting time, producing a minimum of one (1) hour of overtime pay.

If they force you to skip here you get one hour of OT for the price of 40 mins.
But can you even bid your own route?

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
They can’t contractually do it here. In fact, they’ll write you up if you don’t take it.
Do you know the article and languege giving them authority to write you up for it?

There is no progressive discipline, or really and disciplinary recourse for the company if you dont take it. (Nma, plus NE sup). They failed to negotiate discipline in the contract (just like absenteeism.) The law says they must provide you with the oppritunity. However, even if they force you to work through lunch, dot law says 8hr shift, you must take a 30min (minimum) unpaid break/lunch.
They can not bypass law. Take at least 30 min everyday, but really TAKE YOUR FULL LUNCH DURING THE DAY.