Lunches

dmoore

Does anyone know WHY they are not taking out our hour lunch and have gone to hours worked (of course 8 guaranteed) ? I heard it was due to a court settlement but I have not found any information on the Web.

705red

Browncafe Steward

I believe that to be true. Washington state's second class action suit was last year. It was about not taking your lunch between your 4th hour and before the end of your 5th hour, and working during lunch. (prerecording pkgs, ods messages, scanning ars, etc) That was when then locked out the diad during your lunch.

VTBrown

It absolutely has to do with the California law suit. Though I had a day where I got in 20 minutes under my 8hr. Though I hadn't taken my 20 minutes of break yet either. I figured it was a wash and I'd get the 8hr guarantee. Nope.

I guess now you must ask for it...and not assume. As it was prior in our center.

I can say one thing.....plenty of us will destroy a route if we have a chance to get in under 8 so we can actually get a night with the family - figuring we'll get paid the 8hrs.

If we will now be forced to sweep trailers or other piddly work to get the 8...there is no incentive to burn a route up. Less productivity for them.

Glad to see another Vermonter here!

705red

Browncafe Steward
It absolutely has to do with the California law suit. Though I had a day where I got in 20 minutes under my 8hr. Though I hadn't taken my 20 minutes of break yet either. I figured it was a wash and I'd get the 8hr guarantee. Nope.

I guess now you must ask for it...and not assume. As it was prior in our center.

I can say one thing.....plenty of us will destroy a route if we have a chance to get in under 8 so we can actually get a night with the family - figuring we'll get paid the 8hrs.

If we will now be forced to sweep trailers or other piddly work to get the 8...there is no incentive to burn a route up. Less productivity for them.

Glad to see another Vermonter here!

You are guaranteed 8 hours unless you agree to hours only, file a grievance with your steward!

While I do agree with you.....I'm not going to file over 20 minutes. I will ask them about it again in the morning :)

That sounds like a tampering of your time card. Thats a fireable offense. One less supervisor to worry about.....lol:lol:

DS

Fenderbender
Does anyone know WHY they are not taking out our hour lunch and have gone to hours worked (of course 8 guaranteed) ? I heard it was due to a court settlement but I have not found any information on the Web.
Treat every day like its a code 05...I think its a good thing,
you get paid for what you work.