Luxembourg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Actually, as Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid squelched over 300 bills sent to him by the House of Representatives. Now both houses will pass bills and send them on to Obama to either sign or veto. That's assuming the Democrats won't filibuster to prevent that.
Which means Obama either finally compromises or goes down as a my way or the highway president.

Brownslave688

The 30 hr rule as it applies to Obamacare is a major problem that's keeping people from working fulltime.
I know business owners and managers that have told me exactly this. Hours are being cut to keep people under 30 hours.

Also employers are hoping to stay under 50 employees.

Brownslave688

OK, so why not modify the ACA accordingly? Sounds like job 1 for Mitch and Boehner is to try and kill the whole thing.

First none of us know what their plan is.

Second they know Obama would veto anything that totally does away with obamacare. They will change parts of it if possible but the Supreme Court has hearings coming that could squash it anyway.

MAKAVELI

I know business owners and managers that have told me exactly this. Hours are being cut to keep people under 30 hours.

Also employers are hoping to stay under 50 employees.
This is coming from someone who's health care plan is is fully paid and a guaranteed 40 hour work week.;)

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
One of the greatest tax breaks corporations received was the American jobs creation act of 2004. Large multinationals were able to repatriate huge profits at a greatly reduced tax rate by promising to use that money to create jobs. They failed to keep their end of the bargain.
They should have been required to create the jobs first THEN get their precious tax breaks. Obviously many politicians were paid off to keep the deal the way it was.

MAKAVELI

And my having healthcare has what to do with the decisions business owners make?
You are no more deserving of healthcare than someone working at McDonald's. You may think so, but you aren't. Being a union member, you should support higher pay and benefits for all American workers as it will only benefit your future contracts.

Brownslave688

You are no more deserving of healthcare than someone working at McDonald's. You may think so, but you aren't. Being a union member, you should support higher pay and benefits for all American workers as it will only benefit your future contracts.
I never said I did.

All I did was state facts about how and why businesses make their decisions.

I took a job in a union I have great pay and benefits. I would encourage anyone else who wants the same to join a union or develop a skill that's in demand.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First none of us know what their plan is.

Second they know Obama would veto anything that totally does away with obamacare. They will change parts of it if possible but the Supreme Court has hearings coming that could squash it anyway.

Mitch and John openly stated their plan to kill Obamacare in a Wall Street Journal article they wrote. So, we know exactly how they feel about the ACA.

Brownslave688

The guy who flips burgers isn't the one being punished by obamacare. They are either on Medicade or get subsides to the point that healthcare is pretty cheap for them.

Who got punished were successful self employed individuals. My uncle was forced to drop his plan and now pays more for worse coverage. For many things he would be better off not having insurance and paying cash.

MAKAVELI

The guy who flips burgers isn't the one being punished by obamacare. They are either on Medicade or get subsides to the point that healthcare is pretty cheap for them.

Who got punished were successful self employed individuals. My uncle was forced to drop his plan and now pays more for worse coverage. For many things he would be better off not having insurance and paying cash.
I think it's a very sad state of affairs that in the world's most powerful and rich country we are debating and fighting for people to be able to seek healthcare. It really shows where the priorities are for many Americans.

MAKAVELI

I never said I did.

All I did was state facts about how and why businesses make their decisions.

I took a job in a union I have great pay and benefits. I would encourage anyone else who wants the same to join a union or develop a skill that's in demand.
Believe it or not there are actually businesses who are not union that actually CHOOSE to give healthcare coverage to their employees even though they are not required to by the mandate. What a friend..... Concept.

Brownslave688

Believe it or not there are actually businesses who are not union that actually CHOOSE to give healthcare coverage to their employees even though they are not required to by the mandate. What a friend..... Concept.
Sure there are those are awesome companies to work for. I mean I know of places that basically have adult play lands in their lunch room. The employees love it there but that's the employers choice is what it comes down to.

Brownslave688

I think it's a very sad state of affairs that in the world's most powerful and rich country we are debating and fighting for people to be able to seek healthcare. It really shows where the priorities are for many Americans.
It's why we have great healthcare. I can tell you right now my wife is in the medical field and salaries have already shrank big time over the 20-25 years because they are forced to take care of people and get compensated zilch for it.

MAKAVELI

It's why we have great healthcare. I can tell you right now my wife is in the medical field and salaries have already shrank big time over the 20-25 years because they are forced to take care of people and get compensated zilch for it.
I don't know where your wife works but in my area the medical field has never shrank and continues to grow. It was one of only a few bright spots during the Bush recession.

MAKAVELI

Sure there are those are awesome companies to work for. I mean I know of places that basically have adult play lands in their lunch room. The employees love it there but that's the employers choice is what it comes down to.
Yes a choice. And those very businesses you know who are cutting hours and number of employees also have a choice.