Made a mistake

quad decade guy

Nothing will happen. No write up. Nothing. Because it involves a tow, technically it is considered an accident. They will not charge you for an accident because they don't want it on the books and going against the center. Besides, no one wants to cover your sleeper route anyways.
All maybe. The outcome is never certain.

quad decade guy

Get fired and stay fired are two very different things.

Why do you always try to scare drivers with the worst case scenario when they mess up. This thread is a prime example. The driver didn't even get a warning letter, yet you are speculating he may be fired.

And you know of "dozens of such examples"?

I call BS on you. You know "dozens" of firings for big mess ups that are not dishonesty?
"Dozens" would mean at least 24.

I have worked at UPS for over 40 years. I am involved with the union, I go to meetings, I know what goes on in my center. I doubt we have had over a dozen firings for non-dishonesty infractions in 40 years.

Cardinal sins will get you fired, not honest mistakes..Physically threatening, violence, sexual harassment, serious accidents etc.

If you want to constantly live in fear for your job, fine. But why do you feel the need to try to scare every driver who has a question about discipline?

And obviously you were never fired for running out of fuel. Your supervisor may have tried to fool you into believing you could be....But he would be full of it.
You don't know me.

There is a difference in fear and respecting the power of your employer.......being smart=long career.

Example: staying out of the office and losing $10,000 waiting to be put back to work equates to being fired(for a term). Avoiding this in the first place is key. You get that....right? Eh tough guy....

BTW, being involved with the union and going to meetings means dookey.

I've watched this stuff play out dozens and dozens of times.......multiple times to the same employee....we call these fools being a badge of honor(for being fired) types. Their careers with lost pay, taken out of service records....No? Absolutely. 100%. Real rebels without a clue.

Let's review......OP came to us for an opinion.....I gave mine. Just like a dozen others here....even you. He speculated/wondered what could happen....he was "scared".....I think any simpleton would agree......

Again, around here.....folks get walked out all the time and are still working......but it's cost them a bunch of money collectively.

Now, cause and effect? Smearing me doesn't change one iota about any of this. In the end.....the OP escaped any discipline(assuming) and I'm pretty sure he got at least a verbal warning....

I'm just a casual observer.

Shrug.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You don't know me.

There is a difference in fear and respecting the power of your employer.......being smart=long career.

Example: staying out of the office and losing $10,000 waiting to be put back to work equates to being fired(for a term). Avoiding this in the first place is key. You get that....right? Eh tough guy....

BTW, being involved with the union and going to meetings means dookey.

I've watched this stuff play out dozens and dozens of times.......multiple times to the same employee....we call these fools being a badge of honor(for being fired) types. Their careers with lost pay, taken out of service records....No? Absolutely. 100%. Real rebels without a clue.

Let's review......OP came to us for an opinion.....I gave mine. Just like a dozen others here....even you. He speculated/wondered what could happen....he was "scared".....I think any simpleton would agree......

Again, around here.....folks get walked out all the time and are still working......but it's cost them a bunch of money collectively.

Now, cause and effect? Smearing me doesn't change one iota about any of this. In the end.....the OP escaped any discipline(assuming) and I'm pretty sure he got at least a verbal warning....

I'm just a casual observer.

Shrug.
Tldr
Why the incessant rambling?

True that. Doesn't know me....

What I do know.....I've never mistaken unleaded for diesel fuel.

You didn't mention that I'm also a Certified Aircraft Mechanic(A & P)(most proud of that one).

Correction: I haven't done ALL big brown has to offer......to be clear.

BTW, I'd be glad to offer career advice to help anyone try to have a long and profitable(lucrative) career.

Don't. Care.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
True that. Doesn't know me....

What I do know.....I've never mistaken unleaded for diesel fuel.

You didn't mention that I'm also a Certified Aircraft Mechanic(A & P)(most proud of that one).

Correction: I haven't done ALL big brown has to offer......to be clear.

BTW, I'd be glad to offer career advice to help anyone try to have a long and profitable(lucrative) career.
I will say this, being that I’m an aviation expert from YouTube and stalking fellow military members and aviators on LinkedIn,

that a man who knows how to fly aircraft, and fix it as well, is worth his salt.

OrionIsDaddy

A guy did the same thing here but filled the whole tank.

Still has his job. Not even a warning letter. Just called him an idiot and that was it

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
When I was a young PT sup I instructed an inside employee to gas up a package car for a shuttle run to the airport. It was not his job, as our building has carwash/shifters to do that, but they weren’t on the clock at the time.

He put more than a few gallons of gasoline in a diesel package car, he filled up the whole damn thing. The truck broke down on the freeway, engine ruined, all those air packages didn’t make service.

Not only was I not fired, I was never even called into the office to explain it. Lucky me.

Last edited: