Magical place?

Undertow82

I was informed that there are certain hubs that have conveyors that go all the way up into the truck for unload? Where are these magical places? Building/dismantling/moving each individual section of rollers, that are bent, and beaten to death, with each individual t-bar from truck to truck is for the birds man....

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You must be in an old small extended center. But you probably only unload 27 foot pups so thats a bonus

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Yes, there are such things as unload conveyors. But, they don't necessarily go all the way in. Still had to use rollers in the nose of 48/53' trailers when I last unloaded.

It would be a shame if you had to stop and put on heavy duty gloves (to avoid pinched fingers) and get help from a coworker when building/dismantling sections of rollers. After all, you're paid by the hour, and that takes time...

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't the trailers have built-in rollers anymore or is he talking about unloading the pick-ups out of the package cars?

Undertow82

Don't the trailers have built-in rollers anymore or is he talking about unloading the pick-ups out of the package cars?
No built in rollers. We have 3 individual sections of rollers, and a slightly larger t-bar per section to rest them on after hooking in place. Then, it's dismantling and doing it all again in the next truck.

Undertow82

Yes, there are such things as unload conveyors. But, they don't necessarily go all the way in. Still had to use rollers in the nose of 48/53' trailers when I last unloaded.

It would be a shame if you had to stop and put on heavy duty gloves (to avoid pinched fingers) and get help from a coworker when building/dismantling sections of rollers. After all, you're paid by the hour, and that takes time...
I like your thinking....

My building has mostly power extendos in the unload. They work for unloading package cars also if you are careful about parking the cars. We also have loader power extendos but only one per belt.