Mainstreet Media

newfie

JXPBxYs.jpg

or has time gone mad :)

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/rage-is-all-the-rage-and-it’s-dangerous/ar-BBCMwbS?ocid=sf

There are many threads I could have put this opinion piece but I think this one is a good one because a lot of problems begin with the media. An interesting read.
Rage Is All the Rage, and It’s Dangerous
A generation of media figures are cratering under the historical pressure of Donald Trump.

What we are living through in America is not only a division but a great estrangement. It is between those who support Donald Trump and those who despise him, between left and right, between the two parties, and even to some degree between the bases of those parties and their leaders in Washington. It is between the religious and those who laugh at Your Make Believe Friend, between cultural progressives and those who wish not to have progressive ways imposed upon them. It is between the coasts and the center, between those in flyover country and those who decide what flyover will watch on television next season. It is between “I accept the court’s decision” and “Bake my cake.” We look down on each other, fear each other, increasingly hate each other.

And there’s something else. Here I want to note the words spoken by Kathy Griffin, the holder of the severed head. In a tearful news conference she said of the president, “He broke me.” She was roundly mocked for this. Oh, the big bad president’s supporters were mean to you after you held up his bloody effigy. But she was exactly right. He did break her. He robbed her of her sense of restraint and limits, of her judgment. He broke her, but not in the way she thinks, and he is breaking more than her.

We have been seeing a generation of media figures cratering under the historical pressure of Donald Trump. He really is powerful.

They’re losing their heads. Now would be a good time to regain them.