Man vs Snake

FromBluetoBrown

Man crushed to death by family's pet python

23-year-old found dead alone in shed with 14-foot snake

LANESVILLE, Ind. - A 14-foot pet python crushed its owner to death, authorities said Tuesday after finding the snake loose in a southern Indiana shed with the man’s body.Patrick Von Allmen, 23, was found Monday evening in the shed near Lanesville, about 15 miles west of Louisville, Ky.
A medical examiner determined that the death was consistent with asphyxiation caused by compression of the neck and chest, said Conservation Officer Mark Farmer.

“When you’re dealing with a wild animal species, you take on a certain amount of risk,” he said.
Von Allmen had told family members he was going to treat the snake for a medical condition, farmer said. He was alone in the shed with the python for about three hours before his body was found.
Relatives said Von Allmen had 10 to 12 years of experience handling reptiles, according to authorities. The family got the snake as a pet five months ago, Farmer said.
Indiana law does not restrict ownership of snakes, and the python was returned to the family.

over9five

Staff member
"....and the python was returned to the family."

Let me get this straight:

The family WANTED the snake that killed their relative back?

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Somethings not right with this story. A young 23 yr old man vs a 14 foot snake and this guy has over ten years exp handling snakes? He must've been drunk and passed out..

moreluck

golden ticket member
Snake & Beans

Yield: 6 servings

3 lb Dry kidney or pinto beans cooked
30 oz Stewed tomatoes; undrained
4 oz Canned diced jalapenos more or less to taste
1 lg Red onion cut in large chunks
1 Garlic clove; smashed
1 ds Salt
1 lb Ground beef browned and drained
1/2 lb snake meat * in bitesized pieces browned
Broken tortilla chips (opt.)

* (can substitute quail, dove, chicken, rabbit, or pork)

Put cooked beans into large pot, add tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, salt, garlic, ground beef and rattlesnake (or other) meat. Simmer 10 minutes to heat thoroughly. For chili pie put some broken tortilla chips in bottom of bowl and spoon beans over chips.
Source: Phoenix Gazette

moreluck

golden ticket member
Stuffed Snake
Thanks to Dale Nestersenn for sending this recipe.

~ 1 - 3 ft. or longer snake
~ 1 cup dried cornbread cubes
~ 1 tbsp oil
~ 1/2 cup beef stock
~ 1/2 stalk of celery, chopped
~ 1/2 onion,chopped
~ 1 tbsp Jack Daniels whiskey
~ 1 cup molasses
~ 1 cherry tomato

Slice down belly of snake from bottom of jaw to tail with a shallow cut. Gut the snake and throw away internals. Run gutted snake under warm tap water and remove extra blood.

In a mixing bowl, mix cornbread cubes, oil, beef stock, celery and onion. Allow to stand for 10-15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.

Roll stuffing into a tube (snake) shape and insert along the inside of snake. Close up skin and sew together with cooking twine in a zig-zag pattern.

In a small mixing bowl, mix Jack Daniels and molasses. Set aside.

Place snake in a casserole dish. Make sure snake does not overlap as uneven cooking will occur.

With a cooking brush, brush snake with Jack Daniels glaze. Pour extra glaze around the snake in the casserole dish.

Place casserole dish into 275 degree oven for an hour and a half or until tender.

Remove casserole dish from oven and prop open snake's mouth. Place cherry tomato in mouth for appearance.

Serve and Enjoy!
:sad:

over9five

Staff member
"Slice down belly of snake from bottom of jaw to tail with a shallow cut. Gut the snake and throw away internals. Run gutted snake under warm tap water and remove extra blood."

Well that made my pop-tart kind of stop in my throat...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I think the quantity of ingredients for the Stuffed Snake recipe is wrong. It would take far more Jack Daniels whiskey to prepare and eat anything like that.:bored:

DS

Fenderbender
I think the quantity of ingredients for the Stuffed Snake recipe is wrong. It would take far more Jack Daniels whiskey to prepare and eat anything like that.:bored:
I totally agree scratch,
My wife on the other hand was good with it right up to the end,she doesnt like tomatoes

satellitedriver

Wow,
I didn't know there "real" recipes for snake eating.
Here is the only way I have eaten snake.
A fire burnt down to coals.
Snake on a stick slowly roasted over the embers.
Salt for flavor.
All snakes, venomous or non-venomous are edible.
If venomous, cut the head off at least 1 inch behind where the head meets the body.
Not the best recipe, but it will keep you alive.
PAX