Management Hiring Freeze?

Returntosender

I heard the hit went out last week or the week before... Absolutely NO additional or discretionary spending, transfers, promos, or new hire. Tighten the belt on uniforms, supplies, amex cards, etc....All of that jazz. Something about not making cost & an unforeseen dip in volume/revenue in the near future... Does anyone else know anything?

There might be truth to what you say. The past couple of weeks the double shift sign up sheet has been removed, and replaced with if you want a day off sign up sheet. When employee gets hurt such as smashed hand, slip and falls, No visible bruising, just pain. Management tries to convince the employee from not calling it in.

Returntosender

This has been the case for as long as I have worked here.
The previous manager was call it in. The new guy is don't call it in. The pain will go away.
I'm not on the east coast. From what I understand east coast operations are the guinea pigs when UPS tries a new procedure. If it is successful there. It will be slowly implemented thoughout the system.
The not calling in certain accidents"smashed hand, slips and falls" cause it's just pain and it will go away is new to my operation, or maybe just me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I twisted my ankle on area, finished the route and went to the clinic. My on-car went with me. X-rays were negative and I was told to take a day or two to rest the ankle. The on-car said we'll see you in two days (I called him on the 2nd and said I was ready to go) and the injury was not called in.

The hiring freeze is for non essential positions, if an on-road supervisor or a sort supervisor leaves the company, either retires or quits, this is an essential function and the hole will be filled with a MAPP'd candidate! This freeze mostly includes the holes left when we reorganized and chopped all that middle management out of the ranks a couple years ago!

Returntosender

I twisted my ankle on area, finished the route and went to the clinic. My on-car went with me. X-rays were negative and I was told to take a day or two to rest the ankle. The on-car said we'll see you in two days (I called him on the 2nd and said I was ready to go) and the injury was not called in.

The clinic that treated you is that where the company doctor works for the UPS division you are in? If yes. it's for insurance purposes by law. The first doctor you visit now becomes the primary doctor for treating the injury. You do have the right to change doctor to your personal doctor, just have to let the insurance company know. It's eaiser for UPS to influence a doctor on the company's payroll. (water down the severity of the injury)

The on-call went with you cause if you really were hurt. The on-call wants to tell the doctor there is light duty available for you to do. From my understanding it's cheaper to pay the injuried employee they're hourly wage then to pay the insurance company to pay the workers compensation.

As for your healilng in two days? remarkable, you must be phyiscally fit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The clinic that treated you is that where the company doctor works for the UPS division you are in? If yes. it's for insurance purposes by law. The first doctor you visit now becomes the primary doctor for treating the injury. You do have the right to change doctor to your personal doctor, just have to let the insurance company know. It's eaiser for UPS to influence a doctor on the company's payroll. (water down the severity of the injury)

The on-call went with you cause if you really were hurt. The on-call wants to tell the doctor there is light duty available for you to do. From my understanding it's cheaper to pay the injuried employee they're hourly wage then to pay the insurance company to pay the workers compensation.

As for your healilng in two days? remarkable, you must be phyiscally fit.

The clinic, called FastTrack, is part of the local hospital (CVPH) and is for non-emergent medical care.

It was a mild sprain and I was good to go in 2 days.

CAFAL

The hiring freeze is for non essential positions, if an on-road supervisor or a sort supervisor leaves the company, either retires or quits, this is an essential function and the hole will be filled with a MAPP'd candidate! This freeze mostly includes the holes left when we reorganized and chopped all that middle management out of the ranks a couple years ago!

Not in this district. Absolutely no hires or filling of vacancies

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A hiring freeze for management is a good thing right now. We want management understaffed, overworked and overwhelmed during contract negotiations and in the event of a strike!

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
If there is a shortage of managers anywhere I know a few I would pay to transfer out of our district.

[video=youtube;_W_szJ6M-kM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W_szJ6M-kM[/video]