UPS strike

He’s got a sugar mama
giphy (1) (8).gif

Serf

No need to worry. More than a few of us have a side hustle. If you’re interested in logging join the team that’s logging my land. If everything goes well it will forward the latest acreage purchase. If things really go south I’ll sell out to the developers.

The cafe crew taught me years ago to diversify and put savings first 👍.
I live in a liberal urban concrete sprawl hell hole. No such side hustles will be conducted.

whenIgetthere

No, but I work out of one of the largest hubs in the country and I usually get home around 6 -6:30PM. I don’t even start till 9am unless I choose to start early. Even before I had a lot of seniority 20:30 was pretty rare. If I worked that late, it was because they pissed me off or peak.
UPS driver was delivering in my neighborhood at 2030 last night when I was walking the dogs. Have seen him around 1900 before, but not that late outside of peak.

zeev

Station I used to pickup from would require FedEx pickup couriers to go back on the road and do residential deliveries 8:00-10:00 p.m.

whenIgetthere

Station I used to pickup from would require FedEx pickup couriers to go back on the road and do residential deliveries 8:00-10:00 p.m.
I would do that for Fedex, but only the last couple of days of peak. I'd leave the closest part of my route to the station for after pickups, someone would meet me and swap vehicles and I would continue delivering. Half my station would do that being so far from the ramp.

MassWineGuy

But at both companies, how do you deal with the 14 hour limit?

I hope they strike. And then, I hope all the stations where FedEx has fired or otherwise screwed its workers is totally overwhelmed by freight they can’t deliver.

yadig

FDX will be able to undercut UPS rates by a lot when One FedEx is done and the teamsters have bled UPS for their bloated wages. It’s going to be tough competition for packages and with overall rates going up, cheaper is going to win a big share.
Lol! You keep thinking that. FedEx will be more expensive and will milk you contractor’s for every penny they can.

yadig

I grossed 62k. Which after taxes,misc,401k,benefits,etc; is a net average of about 900 a week take home. This is based on roughly 40 hrs. Plus or minus small amounts of OT.
What a great deal! You are we’re you belong, no get back to work!!

Serf

What a great deal! You are we’re you belong, no get back to work!!
I think you’re missing the point. People always say Express and UPS are the same. They are not. Aside from how freight is moved (majority air or truck) I know at least half of the employees or more in my building could not go out and deliver 175+ stops a day. UPS drivers are compensated fairly well for the blood and soul they sacrifice.

MAKAVELI

But at both companies, how do you deal with the 14 hour limit?

I hope they strike. And then, I hope all the stations where FedEx has fired or otherwise screwed its workers is totally overwhelmed by freight they can’t deliver.
Can't drive after your 14th hour on duty. No exceptions, at least at FedEx. We've had drivers hit 14 pull over and have management come pick them up. Lol