Management Quotes

brown_OMS_2008

OMS/PCS..which 1?
"Hold on, let me ask (Insert Center Managers Name Here)"

My current sup is absolutely worthless. He cannot make one decision on his own and must constantly ask the center manager for every little thing. Logic would say I would be better off completely ceasing all communication with my supervisor and just dealing with my center manager.

*via diad* Today

Sup: Call the center ASAP
Me: No phone. Please use DIAD. What do you want
Sup: Call me at the center ASAP, you have a cell phone, 2nd request
Me: I have a cell phone and a DIAD. Use the DIAD. 2nd request
Sup: Stop what you're doing right now and find a phone
Sup: It's been 15 minutes, still waiting for your call.
Me: I stopped and found a phone as instructed. Was I supposed to call too.
Sup: Yes - Use it and call now - Final request
Me: I need quarters. Have none. Waisted 30 mins, will now have missed bus stops.
Sup: Nevermind, no missed.
Me: Will try my best. Wasnt too important huh...

That was a good one!!!:happy2:

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Sup-- There's a thousand people at the unemployment dept. that want your job.
Me-- Call a few in since we seem to be short handed and could use some more help around here

DS

Fenderbender
"Hold on, let me ask (Insert Center Managers Name Here)"

My current sup is absolutely worthless. He cannot make one decision on his own and must constantly ask the center manager for every little thing. Logic would say I would be better off completely ceasing all communication with my supervisor and just dealing with my center manager.

*via diad* Today

Sup: Call the center ASAP
Me: No phone. Please use DIAD. What do you want
Sup: Call me at the center ASAP, you have a cell phone, 2nd request
Me: I have a cell phone and a DIAD. Use the DIAD. 2nd request
Sup: Stop what you're doing right now and find a phone
Sup: It's been 15 minutes, still waiting for your call.
Me: I stopped and found a phone as instructed. Was I supposed to call too.
Sup: Yes - Use it and call now - Final request
Me: I need quarters. Have none. Waisted 30 mins, will now have missed bus stops.
Sup: Nevermind, no missed.
Me: Will try my best. Wasnt too important huh...
Bad co,dont toy with them if you value a dependable income.
If you get on thier bad side they WILL find something to fire you for,,,
I may be wrong but you seem like you have acquired a bad attitude towards your mngmt team.Dont mess with it,those sups will be reassigned soon enough,and you may luck out and get someone human,someone that knows that it takes 2 drivers to do it when you are on va-ca...in my opinion,you were out of line and unprofessional with the silly text messages...jmho...

Tony31yrs

me-I have ten and a half hours work!
sup-I don't have anywhere to go with it!
me-ok, but I'm going to have missed businesses.
sup-ok, take 20 and give them to the split car
me-ok, he's always in by 4:30 anyway

" It's just one stop"

Bad Co., I like your style. Good one. The only thing that DS said that I agree with is that they will LOOK for a reason to fire you. But then...what else is new?
What I do when I get that " Call center ASAP" message is respond with "received and acknowledged ", then I call when it is convenient for me to call. When they want to know why I didn't call sooner, I just tell 'em I called as soon as possible.

doctor brown 688

It seems like every time management is sent for new training(a.k.a. prop rod adjustment)they get programed with some new response to a never ending situation.
Here are a few I can think of off the top of my head:
"Work with me"
"Isn't there anything you can do?"
"First Iv'e heard of it"
"You shouldn't have any problems your area is condensed"
"Where else can you make the money you do and get an aerobic workout"

Me: I'm gonna have 5 missed,and in at 8:00
mgt.: How about 2 missed and be here and off by 7:55
Me: Now that we spent all this time in negotiations it's 6 mis & 8:05

JustTired

free at last.......
Back during the "remote delivery" scam.......
center manager: If you continue to deliver everything in the car, I'll have your job.

ME: If you don't want me to deliver it, don't put it in there.

They stopped putting it in there.......and I'm still working. And we see how long the "scam" lasted.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Me: I won't make 9.5 (11 hour dispatch)
Sup: You have to make 9.5
Me: then you need to dispatch me as such

Never heard another word

FromBluetoBrown

How about some from the preload side.

5 rolls of carpet leaning against the back of the truck

Sup:Get it in the truck
Me: Where?
Sup:On the floor
Me:Then it will be in the way and it creates a safety hazard
Sup:I dont care about that just get it in the truck
Me:So if I trip over it and break my arm or something then what are you going to do?
Sup: You get workmans comp

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
A classic at my center is when 1 of our upper belts are full and started to cause a concern of packages falling on employees, we notify a sup and his response is "Run the belt it's not falling yet!":anxious:

Fnix

Supe screaming as loud as he can: Lets go guys hurry up!
Me: I'm the only person around for 200 feet.
Supe: Oh

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
After being sent out in a blizzard, we (4 pkg cars) went to state police hdqtrs (on the way to our area) and asked them about road conditions from there to the next town over(16 miles). They said" What the hell are you doing out here, we've got white out conditions, get the hell off the roads. We called back to center and passed messsage from police. center mgr said; " Joe made it through on Rt, 6 Take Rt 6. :knockedout:

AlaskaMike

My all time favorite is:

Union: We have a problem.
Manager: I had no idea this was happening.
Union: What are you going to do about it?
Manager: We're working on it.

Really? You're working on something you had no idea was happening? LOL!

bad company

semi-pro
Bad co,dont toy with them if you value a dependable income.
If you get on thier bad side they WILL find something to fire you for,,,
I may be wrong but you seem like you have acquired a bad attitude towards your mngmt team.Dont mess with it,those sups will be reassigned soon enough,and you may luck out and get someone human,someone that knows that it takes 2 drivers to do it when you are on va-ca...in my opinion,you were out of line and unprofessional with the silly text messages...jmho...

In regards to my communication with my supervisor, I know that it was borderline wrong and could start a little trouble. However, we do have a DIAD and text message capabilities for a reason. My supervisor has made calling drivers his main priority and other drives have complained to both him directly and my center manager. Had this been an urgent need of direct communication, my center manager has my phone number.

Regarding my attitude towards management, I admit that I have been highly dissapointed with some of the recent decisions and attempted changes made. I stated previously in other threads, I used to be a pt sup at another center. I feel that management at the center that I came from are a completely different breed and are a lot more efficient and effective in running their operation. When I became a driver and transferred to another center, I had no probelm with the center mgr and my on-road supervisor. I did my job and they left me alone. I was commended for my efforts and encouraged to quickly turn in my letter of intent to go into full-time management. Then we get a new ctr mgr and a new on-road shortly there after. Ever since this change, I have been harassed, threatened, and over dispatched on a consistant basis. My on-road sup always finds an excuse for not riding with me when challenged and my center manager insists on having me deal with my on-road sup directly. Since my on-road sup has no answers and solutions to my probelms, YES, my attitude may have changed.

For the record, I never stopped delivering and never had a remote chance of having missed stops. I did not go find a phone and sit idle waiting for further instructions.

As for looking for reasons to discipline me or "fire" me, YES, they have done that before and I assume are continuing to. But guess what? I follow all methods and procedures, and they have nothing on me. They have audited my car to death, followed me for days, and nothing...

I also have documented every action and potential acts of harrassement and wrong doing on their part. Should worse come to worse, I will go down with a fight and take others down with me. I learned in time in management to always Cover My Six.

I hate having to play these ridiculous and childish games, but feel that I have no choice for now. I cannot wait to have a new management team.
I'm frustrated, what can I say...:whiteflag:

It goes both ways..........

One of my fellow drivers went straight to the phone after being questioned about "time between stops"

Is Joe there?
Hey Joe, this is John. If somebody from UPS calls and starts to ask questions about me, tell him we were talking UPS business. :sick:

Another:
Sup: Call me when you get a chance

Driver: can't, dont have a cell phone

Sup: ask one of the 85 business stops you complain about having every day if you can use theirs.

DON'T HAVE A CELL PHONE? Didn't realize that was the only form of communication left....................... AH YOUTH

browniehound

Me: Do we have any DR bags?

Sup: No, the budgets been cut.

Me: How am I supposed to DR pkgs in the rain?

Sup: Find a dry spot.

Its funny you bring this up because I was just informed by my local letter carrier during our last snowstorm that the USPS doesen't provide them with "DR bags" for their parcels and they must find a "dry spot"

tups

Big snow coming tomorrow, reminds me of a district manager telling us the morning of a blizzard 2 years ago during peak "If I hear of anyone of you getting stuck, youre fired!"

LKLND3380

After being sent out in a blizzard, we (4 pkg cars) went to state police hdqtrs (on the way to our area) and asked them about road conditions from there to the next town over(16 miles). They said" What the hell are you doing out here, we've got white out conditions, get the hell off the roads. We called back to center and passed messsage from police. center mgr said; " Joe made it through on Rt, 6 Take Rt 6. :knockedout:

A week later they found Joe in a snow bank frozen in 6 feet of ice... At the hospital the center manager told Joe while he was frozen, the person who covered his rote did it in half the time...

LKLND3380

My all time favorite is:

Union: We have a problem.
Manager: We're working on it.

Really? You're working on something you had no idea was happening? LOL!

I hear what you are saying but I think it should read...

Union: We have a problem

Manager: It's a trend...
OR
Manager: Hold "others" accountable...