Management Quotes

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Nice one tonight!!

Sup: Can you check the air box on 123 Main St. The other driver said he couldn't open it.

Me: Ok

Me: Lock is broken, can't open it like the other guy said.

Sup: Can you pry it open?

Me: With what?

Sup: The snow chains.... or attach them to the door and then to the rear bumper of the truck?

Me: Um no....

Sup: Can you take the whole box back to the building with you?

Me: I got to go.......

This is a true story...only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

A long time ago, (true story), we had a new driver who was told to pick up a Letter Box. He did, he picked it up and put it in the back of his Package Car...................

DS

Fenderbender
I got this from "heard any good ones part 2"
I thought it might fit in.Two engineering students were walking across a university campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?"
The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike,threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want."
The second engineer nodded approvingly and said, "Good choice; the clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway."

upsman29

My all-time favorite went like this....Ill set it up for you, Mondays we have a few business known closed motorcycle shops mostly mine was a honda shop...Just so happens the business beside it is a honda car dealership with of course a different address but it seems every monday they held both stops as if they were the same.

Me..... Im missing 3 of the 5 packages for the honda car lot can you check the other hold ins for honda suzuki and see if they are in there.... if so, let they afternooon pickup route bring them up and ill deliver them when I make the p/u.

sup.... ill check but do they really need them?

Me..... No , they make a habit of ordering things they dont need...Of course they need them...

hopefully in a smaller tighter area. I went back and revisited my old route. Its now broken up into three different routes.
Nope, actually the area I was referring to stayed the same until the new bid driver did what should have been done long ago. He Drove at safe speeds, worked at a steady safe pace, took meal time at or around noon, made meet point on time, called the center to inform them that he had X number of stops and X number of mile to finish and that he could not do it in 12 hours. Then when it became apparent that management was going to do nothing to fix the problem after 3 rides (they couldn't find anything the driver was doing wrong). The driver began filing o/9.5 grievances , the company had to pay him double time. They soon added another car in the area to take care of the over load.

It now takes 3 drivers to do what you did alone??? You delivery stud you.

celsiana

"Your Not Paid To Make Those Decisions"

I was told this several times for fixing something that was broke or assigning myself another job to stay busy until more work came in. (I work as directed in the hub.) So Pt time supe forgot to bring work assignment sheets to PCM He said wait right here I'll go get them. We sat for 1 hour waiting for him to bring the sheets. Idiot forgot about us. He was mad and wanted to know why we didnt' come and find him to get the work sheets.
I said, You instructed us to wait right here and "I AM NOT PAID TO MAKE THOSE DECIOSIONS"

Luved it!

dillweed

:happy-very:

At our center the word "quick" runs rampant.

Take this package quick to the red belt.

Get your browns on quick, I need you for air.

Jump up there quick and hand those boxes down.

Wrap this up quick and get off the clock.

And my all time favorite

Yes, I'll watch your area for a few minutes but make it quick.

This isn't a quote but I once saw a car washer begin fueling a package car only to have another car washer jump in the package car and drive away while the nozzle was still in the tank. The hose stretched a good 20-30 feet (alot longer than I thought it would stretch) before it snapped and the 1960's style gas pump was ripped halfway out of the ground.

That brings up a good practical joke that car washers would do to each other sometimes. Right as someone is taking a package car through the car wash tunnel, run up along the passenger side and slide open the door.

partykid

A newby to this forum, ive been with UPS for 14 years, a driver for 5, 2 peaks ago my route is very close to the building, Me.. ive lost oil pressure an oil light is on Sup... keep going will get a truck to you.. ME Im on side of road motor is rattle'n an will blow up if i keep going.. Sup Well can you not make it back to the building.. ME well no my motor will blow.. SUP Just try so we dont have to call a wrecker.. Me call sup back, i made it to third gear an parts of my motor are on the ground... SUP I cant beleive this happend we cant lose a p1000 during peak....LOL

typicalunionslugs1

Typicalunionslugs1
heres an hourly quote" fair days work for a fair days pay" HA!!!! I have seen very few union hourly's do anything. They want something for nothing, like most of you.

heres an hourly quote" fair days work for a fair days pay" HA!!!! I have seen very few union hourly's do anything. They want something for nothing, like most of you.
you must be one of those 30 day flashes. I reckon you went into management because you wanted the "challenge". FYI, that is a Contractual quote, not just an hourly.

supercool

I love young PT supes with attitude... they're my favorite. Nevermind that a lot of the hourlies under them have worked there longer / know how things go better than they do -- they're management now, with their China Red UPS polo shirts and ID strapped to their lackluster-looking biceps.

So, at least where I'm at, proper etiquette for walking through someone sorting is to say "behind you" and waiting for a gap in their work to sneak through. 18 year old supe, promoted that week, comes barreling down the aisle and tries to push his way through. "Comin' through, supercool!" I turned and checked him with my elbow, and yelled, "whoa there turbo! Look out guys, important management coming through!" He hung his head low, his shoulders slumped, and he slinked by me. It always feels good to put them in their place. Attitude is everything to me in a supervisor. I respect the hell out of the ones with the right attitude. He just didn't have the right one.

Tony31yrs

I would say that about 50% of the supes, that I saw over the years, took supervision because they were usually the laziest or worst workers and thought it would be easier wearing a tie. Most of them wound up doing more work and got hassled more by their superiors. They usually ended up quitting, getting fired or in continuing lateral movements in the company. Then they use the quote "This is how I did it when I was working. I always scratched and got done early." and "I always used proper methods."

I would say that about 50% of the supes, that I saw over the years, took supervision because they were usually the laziest or worst workers and thought it would be easier wearing a tie. Most of them wound up doing more work and got hassled more by their superiors. They usually ended up quitting, getting fired or in continuing lateral movements in the company. Then they use the quote "This is how I did it when I was working. I always scratched and got done early." and "I always used proper methods."

I saw alot of that too. Usually the slackers got promoted to PT sup. The good loaders, fast sorters and fast unloaders usually stayed where they were, more than likely by choice. My observation was the slackers wanted to get promoted and the hard workers didn't.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
:happy-very:

At our center the word "quick" runs rampant.

Take this package quick to the red belt.

Get your browns on quick, I need you for air.

Jump up there quick and hand those boxes down.

Wrap this up quick and get off the clock.

And my all time favorite

Yes, I'll watch your area for a few minutes but make it quick.
Just before I retired the Divi was in town and we talked about the quick, run & jump thing. He asked if anyone had changed them to "safely"? I told him that's the only way to survive here. In the last 5 years I think I heard it at every PCM and some ODS messages but not in everyday conversations. He wasn't thrilled by my answer.

Fnix

18 year old supe, promoted that week, comes barreling down the aisle and tries to push his way through. "Comin' through, supercool!" I turned and checked him with my elbow, and yelled, "whoa there turbo! Look out guys, important management coming through!" He hung his head low, his shoulders slumped, and he slinked by me

lmao

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty

Those who can, do.. those who can't, turnin their letter:laughing: