Manager vs Hourly fb comments

DorkHead

Same, but today`s weather should be much better, temperature wise. Just finished writing up my 3rd over 9.5. Handing it in today.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Same, but today`s weather should be much better, temperature wise. Just finished writing up my 3rd over 9.5. Handing it in today.
I was reading somewhere about UPS testing new vehicles that weigh less as an attempt to conserve fuel. I thought about contacting the author of the article and telling him UPS has already figured that out. It's called over-dispatching.:angry:
I would almost, almost love to be able to file one of those as this comp crap SUCKS!!!!! ALMOST!

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Thanks for those #'s, THANK GOD I live in a state that has better standards than the Federal OSHA. They have had basically the same air contaminant rules since 1971.

As far as the NIOSH HHE that we're looking to have performed, I'm not the only 1 who thinks it's a good idea. The head of occupational & environmental medicine at Michigan State University thinks it is too.

I thought you wanted someone other than Liberty Mutual to say everything is OK. OSHA seems to agree with Liberty.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
I thought you wanted someone other than Liberty Mutual to say everything is OK. OSHA seems to agree with Liberty.

I think you missed the keyword EXPERT...

A.) Take advice from internet trolls
B.) Take advice from people with MD, PHD, and MPH after their names

I'm going with B...And that's for ALL trolls not just the 1's lurking at the moment.

For the non-trolls, thank you for your support and WE will all benefit from improved conditions that will likely come about from staying informed, demanding UPS follow published guidelines for ventilation in their buildings (that includes management as well).

I took the liberty (no pun intended) of uploading the CITATION UPS received at the facility I work in. I guess Liberty and my Michigan OSHA don't agree.

There is a WHOLE new world out there when you take those brown colored glasses off people!

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Well, I guess I'll try to explain it to you.

The 1st company, Gulf Stream, cared enough about their employees to ask an EXPERT organization in health and safety to come in and help design the BEST power tools for their employees to prevent injuries and illnesses. Sounds like UPS could take a lesson or 2 from an organization that cares enough to do that for their workers.

It may not apply to you, but you should care enough about your fellow UPSers who do have issues at some of UPSs facilities who WANT someone OTHER than Liberty Mutual giving the A-OK!

I don't see where you said EXPERT. Most people would consider OSHA experts in workplace safety anyway?????

I think you missed the keyword EXPERT...

A.) Take advice from internet trolls
B.) Take advice from people with MD, PHD, and MPH after their names

I'm going with B...And that's for ALL trolls not just the 1's lurking at the moment.

For the non-trolls, thank you for your support and WE will all benefit from improved conditions that will likely come about from staying informed, demanding UPS follow published guidelines for ventilation in their buildings (that includes management as well).

I took the liberty (no pun intended) of uploading the CITATION UPS received at the facility I work in. I guess Liberty and my Michigan OSHA don't agree. This stuff is boring to read but pages 7-8 basically explain that YOU don't know what you're talking about.

There is a WHOLE new world out there when you take those brown colored glasses off people!

I believe I interpreted OSHA correctly.

Admittedly, I didn't know exactly what the citation was issued for, but after reading it, it appears that your own lack of knowledge was a primary factor in several portions of the citation. Did you ever bother to open the BIG orange book that's been in every building since the 80s? Weren't you trained on this upon hire and every year thereafter?

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Here, let me quote the "diesel exhaust" section

Diesel exhaust contains nitrogen dioxide

It is lacking some other important information.

Do you think I was the only 1 they talked to? Pretty soon UPSers will have information more relevant to diesel exhaust, whether it is voluntary or ANOTHER Corporate Settlement Agreement with OSHA.

This post was about management having this type of attitude of blaming the victim and not really being concerned with providing a safe work environment.

Thank you for helping to prove my point.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
[
Here, let me quote the "diesel exhaust" section

Diesel exhaust contains nitrogen dioxide

It is lacking some other important information.

Do you think I was the only 1 they talked to? Pretty soon UPSers will have information more relevant to diesel exhaust, whether it is voluntary or ANOTHER Corporate Settlement Agreement with OSHA.

This post was about management having this type of attitude of blaming the victim and not really being concerned with providing a safe work environment.

Thank you for helping to prove my point.

If you are quoting something it's supposed to be contained somewhere in the document. Help me out. I don't see "diesel exhaust" in the material you referenced.

According to what you posted, it's not an OSHA violation.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
I'm still waiting for you to figure out where EXPERT is at and it sinks in a little before we continue...better yet I'll get you the date and time for the next hearing and you can represent UPS since you seem to know more than Constangy, Brooks, & Smith, LLP. You might want to strike your last post with your inaccurate TWA seeing as how you just admitted it was 14.875 ppm higher than the law.

Like I originally stated, it's your type of attitude that hurts UPS.

If I'm wrong, UPS should be happy to have NIOSH perform an HHE and prove me wrong once and for all.

The fact that you are marginalizing me being taken by ambulance to a hospital with CO poisoning from a UPS facility, my coworkers having a higher rate of work related asthma than the statistical average in our state, and numerous other issues speaks volumes about yourself and apparently other management (unless your Bob from fb [and that isn't short for fracusbrown]).

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I'm just pointing out inconsistencies in what you are presenting. I believe that people should take responsibility for their own actions and behaviors. I have no involvement or direct interest in the situation where you work, but it would seem to be a poor choice to continue to work in an atmosphere you truly believe is detrimental to your health. Good luck with your health and in your quest.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm still waiting for you to figure out where EXPERT is at and it sinks in a little before we continue...better yet I'll get you the date and time for the next hearing and you can represent UPS since you seem to know more than Constangy, Brooks, & Smith, LLP. You might want to strike your last post with your inaccurate TWA seeing as how you just admitted it was 14.875 ppm higher than the law.

Like I originally stated, it's your type of attitude that hurts UPS.

If I'm wrong, UPS should be happy to have NIOSH perform an HHE and prove me wrong once and for all.

The fact that you are marginalizing me being taken by ambulance to a hospital with CO poisoning from a UPS facility, my coworkers having a higher rate of work related asthma than the statistical average in our state, and numerous other issues speaks volumes about yourself and apparently other management (unless your Bob from fb [and that isn't short for fracusbrown]).

I would call you a blowhard but I guess that doesn't apply here.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
You'll say just about anything to hit 7000 won't ya pal...even if it's stupid and not funny.

BTW, it was glove not a shoe.