Manual transmissions need to be gone yesterday!

Keenj

This new generation is driving me crazy ,,, everything has to be suited to there needs!!!!
They want a pat on the back everyday , they want beards , they only want to drive automatics , they want the boss to talk nice to them , want a gosh darn trophy for everything , we all had to drive sticks, take sh-t from the boss every day and we all had to shave while we all wore long hot pants in unventilated beat up pkgcars and took COD cash and knew how to make changes !!
We expected nothing in return than a paycheck from Brown ,, the older guys in our center would bitch slap the complainers !!!!
Toughen up!!!
Your not in mommas minivan going to soccer practice while playing your game boy!!
Welcome to the real world !!

Can we at least end CODs? In a day where everyone has the ability to instantly complete transactions, I don't know why we still have to take checks from the few fuddy duddies who can't get with the times.

Gloominati

D.Y.S.
Turn radius is better in a manual, so I don't mind them. That and you can rev in neutral to send a message to other drivers, a lost part of the communicate in traffic list.

JL 0513

Well obviously manuals are on there way out since they haven't made any since the 90's. My center just has a hand full of those Spicer manual 700's left. All around 300-450,000 miles on them. They'll be gone in the next couple years. So most centers I imagine have to be full auto by 2020. New drivers have it so easy.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I'll just be glad to quit getting more of them. Had too many clapped-out POS from Cali forced on me already. Just now got the last of the old GMC's crushed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can we at least end CODs? In a day where everyone has the ability to instantly complete transactions, I don't know why we still have to take checks from the few fuddy duddies who can't get with the times.

Could it be the $12.50 per package that we charge to process COD payments?

bbsam

Staff member
The one thing I would ay about a manual is replacing a clutch in one is about an hour and a half job for a guy who knows what he's doing .

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The one thing I would ay about a manual is replacing a clutch in one is about an hour and a half job for a guy who knows what he's doing .
And a clutch can be wiped out in about the same time by a driver who doesn't know what he's doing. A clutch job in an IHC takes me about 4 hours without repairing anything associated with the job. Something always needs repairs.

DriverNerd

I would rather have an old 10 cube manual over any of the new trucks. I really don't like my Freightliner. Just a pain in the ass. Ok, it's not all bad....it's quick, quiet, has a low step, and nice bright lights in the cargo area. And since I'm a left foot braker, it's nice that the brake doesn't override the gas. But the transmission drives me crazy. It never picks the right gear. It holds gears when it should shift. It up shifts when I need more acceleration. Just very annoying. If the speed limit goes from 30-55 or something I'll be in 5th and put my foot down to the floor. Will it downshift to the lowest gear? Oh no, just one gear and slow and steady. Downhill going 30 again in 5th speeding up and up, foot on the brake the whole way down. At an intersection with fast moving traffic...Pull out too slowly gives you a shift to 2nd and no way to easily get up to speed as putting your foot down won't give you the needed shift back to first.

I don't have a problems with automatics, but these new ones need work. And shift inhibit can kiss my ass (not the transmissions fault, just programming).