MAP Payout

vantexan

Again, this prediction never gets old even though it is predicted year after year after year.
And why not? Already looks like the Portable Pension Plan is on the chopping block. They've taken away so much already. From the looks of it it'll eventually be the employees responsibility to fund his retirement through the 401k. Only with Express giving so much to Ground eventually after the coronavirus is past and people aren't ordering as much online Express employee hours will be reduced to the point it'll be difficult to fund anything.

vantexan

And you know this how? you are not even employed there any more
Because they already started the process as reported here to give people the choice of an enhanced 401k or staying in the Portable pension. Giving employees a choice was exactly what they did with the traditional pension. Only it wasn't a choice. They got as many as possible to voluntarily go with the new pension. Then when they forced the rest of us into the portable they gave us extra money to ease the transition. Those who voluntarily went into it a year or so earlier didn't get the extra money. Cost them thousands in retirement money. If you don't know by now you need to realize that when FedEx tells you how wonderful something is, how you should switch over, it's most likely wonderful for them, not you. You may not be aware but those who retired by the late 80's had a COLA attached to their pension. That's right, all these years since then they've been getting annual adjustments. I was about a two year employee at the time but I remember FedEx saying how ending the COLA was a good thing. For those with a traditional pension, a fixed monthly payment, watching it's value erode over time because it has no cost of living adjustment, they're aware, very aware, of how important a COLA is. Something that government employees take for granted with their pensions.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And why not? Already looks like the Portable Pension Plan is on the chopping block. They've taken away so much already. From the looks of it it'll eventually be the employees responsibility to fund his retirement through the 401k. Only with Express giving so much to Ground eventually after the coronavirus is past and people aren't ordering as much online Express employee hours will be reduced to the point it'll be difficult to fund anything.

We read it here first.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And you know this how? you are not even employed there any more

Look out, you asked for his spiel.

Because they already started the process as reported here to give people the choice of an enhanced 401k or staying in the Portable pension. Giving employees a choice was exactly what they did with the traditional pension. Only it wasn't a choice. They got as many as possible to voluntarily go with the new pension. Then when they forced the rest of us into the portable they gave us extra money to ease the transition. Those who voluntarily went into it a year or so earlier didn't get the extra money. Cost them thousands in retirement money. If you don't know by now you need to realize that when FedEx tells you how wonderful something is, how you should switch over, it's most likely wonderful for them, not you. You may not be aware but those who retired by the late 80's had a COLA attached to their pension. That's right, all these years since then they've been getting annual adjustments. I was about a two year employee at the time but I remember FedEx saying how ending the COLA was a good thing. For those with a traditional pension, a fixed monthly payment, watching it's value erode over time because it has no cost of living adjustment, they're aware, very aware, of how important a COLA is. Something that government employees take for granted with their pensions.

And he delivered!

AB831

Once Fat Freddy is done running this company into the ground, it'll be the employee's responsibility to fund his "retirement" by working for $15 an hour until he's 80 years old.

vantexan

10 years and yes I know all the BS that goes on.... I worked for many big name company's over the years and its the same BS different days. move the friend on dude. you are stuck in in endless loop...
Ten years huh? I've noticed when MrFedEx was ranting long paragraphs you didn't tell him the same. Guess you have to always say certain things, no deviation. I put in almost 29 years over a 31 year period. Think that gives me the right to express an opinion. Apparently "Nolimitz" doesn't really mean no limits. Is it ok if I stick to the Current Events section and just read here? Ask for your permission first if I want to post? Say pretty please may I?

Nolimitz

Ten years huh? I've noticed when MrFedEx was ranting long paragraphs you didn't tell him the same. Guess you have to always say certain things, no deviation. I put in almost 29 years over a 31 year period. Think that gives me the right to express an opinion. Apparently "Nolimitz" doesn't really mean no limits. Is it ok if I stick to the Current Events section and just read here? Ask for your permission first if I want to post? Say pretty please may I?
If I had your address I'd send you a wheel of cheese for that special whine of yours.