MAP Payout

dezguy

The more effort you put into justifying it, the sillier it sounds.
Defend it then. Oh, I forgot, you don't care but still respond.

Please explain, either having been in or in a management position, why is it not acceptable for hourlies to use a part of their compensation package but for managers who are supposed to be the leaders, it's cool?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Please explain, either having been in or in a management position, why is it not acceptable for hourlies to use a part of their compensation package but for managers who are supposed to be the leaders, it's cool?
Because salaried people view themselves as demigods who are entitled due to the tremendous responsibilities they bear.

Like playing solitaire on company time.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Who said it's cool?

DeliveryException

I'm missing something. Am I not allowed to have the flu and use a sick day now because that means I'm a slacker and just screwing over management? I suppose I'll tell the virus to hang out until my next vacation comes up.

falcon back

Because they already started the process as reported here to give people the choice of an enhanced 401k or staying in the Portable pension. Giving employees a choice was exactly what they did with the traditional pension. Only it wasn't a choice. They got as many as possible to voluntarily go with the new pension. Then when they forced the rest of us into the portable they gave us extra money to ease the transition. Those who voluntarily went into it a year or so earlier didn't get the extra money. Cost them thousands in retirement money. If you don't know by now you need to realize that when FedEx tells you how wonderful something is, how you should switch over, it's most likely wonderful for them, not you. You may not be aware but those who retired by the late 80's had a COLA attached to their pension. That's right, all these years since then they've been getting annual adjustments. I was about a two year employee at the time but I remember FedEx saying how ending the COLA was a good thing. For those with a traditional pension, a fixed monthly payment, watching it's value erode over time because it has no cost of living adjustment, they're aware, very aware, of how important a COLA is. Something that government employees take for granted with their pensions.
You mention a COLA and how it is not part of our pension plan. While it is not the same as a COLA, you can increase the size of your monthly Traditional payment by delaying the start of you drawing the payout. By delaying the start of your pension after you retire, your payment increases significantly every year.

falcon back

They’re for whatever I choose to use them for.
That is what every selfish employee says. Like someone posted earlier, calling in for no reason and putting hardships on your fellow couriers are how people that only think about themselves do. Let an employee at my station call in for no reason and watch his fellow couriers make life hard on him when he returns. I have seen it plenty of times. Besides, put that 44 or 45 hr payout to good use paying for a nice vacation.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That is what every selfish employee says. Like someone posted earlier, calling in for no reason and putting hardships on your fellow couriers are how people that only think about themselves do. Let an employee at my station call in for no reason and watch his fellow couriers make life hard on him when he returns. I have seen it plenty of times. Besides, put that 44 or 45 hr payout to good use paying for a nice vacation.
DE27F36B-66BD-4239-B0D8-90A4E439AB9E.gif

falcon back

It's rather ironic. You have a quote about what a strong person does at the bottom on your posts. Yet you show your weakness and selfishness by abusing sick days. Does it not upset you when the rt next to you calls in sick and your day involves doing your job plus part of theirs. I bet you are one of those that favorite expression is. "It's not my job" You seem like that type.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It's rather ironic. You have a quote about what a strong person does at the bottom on your posts. Yet you show your weakness and selfishness by abusing sick days. Does it not upset you when the rt next to you calls in sick and your day involves doing your job plus part of theirs. I bet you are one of those that favorite expression is. "It's not my job" You seem like that type.
Nope. I worry about MY route and let management do their job. If the person next to me chooses to call out sick, that’s THEIR business why they called out and not mine. Maybe if more people minded their business there wouldn’t be so much animosity at FedEx.

Also, you seem like the type who is either a manager, an ass-kisser or someone still bleeding purple. Which of the three are you?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
And another thing, you don’t know me. You have no idea what I’ve dealt with at FedEx to make me the way I currently am. Worry about yourself.

falcon back

Nope. I worry about MY route and let management do their job. If the person next to me chooses to call out sick, that’s THEIR business why they called out and not mine. Maybe if more people minded their business there wouldn’t be so much animosity at FedEx.

Also, you seem like the type who is either a manager, an ass-kisser or someone still bleeding purple. Which of the three are you?
None of the 3. Just a person who who has been around awhile and knows what sick days are for. You mention animosity. It is selfish people like you that breeds animosity in a work environment. Like I suggested. Your favorite line when asked to do something is "It's not my job" Have a good night

I love your smiley face on my post about the Traditional pension. You abuse sick days and you appear to not know the facts about the pension plan and how it works. Or maybe you are a new hire who doesn't have the Traditional so knowing how to make it work for you doesn't apply.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
None of the 3. Just a person who who has been around awhile and knows what sick days are for. You mention animosity. It is selfish people like you that breeds animosity in a work environment. Like I suggested. Your favorite line when asked to do something is "It's not my job" Have a good night
And like I suggested....you know nothing about me.

DeliveryException

Also that is what swing drivers get paid to do, they cover routes that are open. It's not normal to have to split up stops with the rest of the loop if someone is sick.

Plus, who are you(Falcon, not Operational) to say when it is a proper to use a sick day? Are you saying we need to get a doctors note to prove it to our loop?

falcon back

Also that is what swing drivers get paid to do, they cover routes that are open. It's not normal to have to split up stops with the rest of the loop if someone is sick.

Plus, who are you(Falcon, not Operational) to say when it is a proper to use a sick day? Are you saying we need to get a doctors note to prove it to our loop?
What if vacation days are maxed out and there are no open swings? We have had multiple Virus employees off lately and this is prime vacation season. We have split up several rts a day lately as a result. May not be the norm where you are but it happens hear occasionally. I don't suggest a doctors note, just don't call in sick and come to work telling your friends how many fish you caught on your sick day. That is an easy way to make enemies among your coworkers.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What if vacation days are maxed out and there are no open swings? We have had multiple Virus employees off lately and this is prime vacation season. We have split up several rts a day lately as a result. May not be the norm where you are but it happens hear occasionally. I don't suggest a doctors note, just don't call in sick and come to work telling your friends how many fish you caught on your sick day. That is an easy way to make enemies among your coworkers.
You make too many assumptions, and you know what they say about assume.

vantexan

You mention a COLA and how it is not part of our pension plan. While it is not the same as a COLA, you can increase the size of your monthly Traditional payment by delaying the start of you drawing the payout. By delaying the start of your pension after you retire, your payment increases significantly every year.
The COLA I mentioned was eliminated in the late 80's. Per the traditional pension the maximum on a normal pension would be if you wait until you're 60. Each year you take it before 60 reduces it by 3% with a maximum reduction of 15% at 55. You can get an accelerated pension, the Social Security Leveling Option, that gives you significantly more until you reach your full Social Security age, then it drops way down.