MAP Payout

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They aren't there for you to play games with sick days. It's easy to rationalize such actions when you're selfish.
It’s difficult to impossible for the faux superior intellectual to comprehend, but you’ll compensate for it elsewhere, I’m sure.

vantexan

They aren't there for you to play games with sick days. It's easy to rationalize such actions when you're selfish.
In my last year slipped in the bathroom at home and fell full force on the toilet bowl. Felt like I got hit in my ribs by an iron bar. Came back to work after three weeks off due to the threatening tone of my mgr. But it was another two weeks before I felt right. And there were seven or 8 co-workers who glared at me and who wouldn't speak to me. Those same people would on occasion call in sick. Looking back over the years it's easy to see that many co-workers would take their sick days but would give hell to others who did. I always wanted the MAPP payout so only called in when I was really sick. But if I had food poisoning or the flu I didn't appreciate the extra misery inflicted on me by angry coworkers. So it's hard to feel guilty about taking a day when people are going to be jerks anyways. Just another example of how at the core of how FedEx operates is an underlying unhealthy atmosphere.

dezguy

Now that you mention it, she said she thinks the world of her manager. Helluva way of showing it.
I'm sure her manager NEEEEEEVER calls in sick when they aren't. I know the managers have NEEEEEEVER called in sick, ESPECIALLY on Fridays and have NEEEEVER been out golfing, instead.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Now that you mention it, she said she thinks the world of her manager. Helluva way of showing it.

Damn! :taz:

119298_PMS.png

CatMan

I'm sure her manager NEEEEEEVER calls in sick when they aren't. I know the managers have NEEEEEEVER called in sick, ESPECIALLY on Fridays and have NEEEEVER been out golfing, instead.
Most of my sick calls are mental health days, intense exhaustion, burn out, really sore body parts .And I'm fine with that.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Oh, it's the "someone else did it so I'm justified in doing it" defense that's prevalent among slackers.

dezguy

Oh, it's the "someone else did it so I'm justified in doing it" defense that's prevalent among slackers.
FedEx gives us sick days as part of our "industry leading benefits package". Same with management.

Management is supposed to lead by example so why would employees not use their sick days if the ones who are supposed to lead by example do?

Every manager I have ever had in my time here has taken Fridays off multiple times a year. Guess that means your ilk are a bunch of slackers then, huh?

floridays

How easy is it to rationalize whether replacement is needed when one retires or quits?
No problem, we'll just divide the route up for three, maybe four months while engineering decides if a replacement is needed. Pleasure yourself Dano.

floridays

FedEx gives us sick days as part of our "industry leading benefits package". Same with management.

Management is supposed to lead by example so why would employees not use their sick days if the ones who are supposed to lead by example do?

Every manager I have ever had in my time here has taken Fridays off multiple times a year. Guess that means your ilk are a bunch of slackers then, huh?
Sorry D, I made my post before I read yours,
Thanks like sentiment for previously.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

The more effort you put into justifying it, the sillier it sounds.