Marking another fatality....

Steamer

Unfortunately not the first one and likely not the last. People become lazy in doing their jobs and safety usually is the one part of the job they shouldn't. We have had two incidents around my area in the last two weeks involving drawbridge tenders not following safety procedures, one involved the death of a 79 year old lady the other damage to someones car. Just goes to show it's not just UPS.
How's Florida in the summer with a package car getting hot in the back? Do they vent it out somehow? It gets hot enough up north is why I ask. We measured 118F last summer in the rear of a package car.

Johney

How's Florida in the summer with a package car getting hot in the back? Do they vent it out somehow? It gets hot enough up north is why I ask. We measured 118F last summer in the rear of a package car.
Hot as hell when I was in package 8 years ago. The new package cars are a little better I hear but not much. I remember the shelves would get so hot you couldn’t touch them.

Integrity

Binge Poster
IMHO All UPS package cars should be equipped with AC.

Integrity

Binge Poster
To all:

I would like to apologize to the innocent victim and his Family. And to the driver and his Family for the loss of his career.

Yes, on behalf of the vicious hatred, racism and bigotry displayed by UPS'ers(retired also) on your horrific circumstances. It's shameful. Peace to the victim and Family and the driver and his Family.

While I expect to return to this thread with useful, pertinent info.....Im sure the hate will continue....

While talking with another B.C.'er(off thread), hope for the driver's career was given some new light and possibilities. Most surrounding the faulty equipment. It's still unclear if the driver followed a published and acknowledged inbound procedure.

In other words....maybe the guard just fell. I'm not sure how this can be proven or if it should be....stopping blame at/on the driver.

Prevention was the goal for this thread. Unfortunately, it went awry at post #3.
https://www.mhi.org/media/members/14804/132225359137600542.pdf

Stepping up Ladder Safety in the Aviation Industry - Wildeck

Steamer

IMHO All UPS package cars should be equipped with AC.
The AC wouldn't have time to heat exchange the air before the next stop opening the doors to let the hot air in. It takes time to swap out the air. I think they need little side vents to pull air in and back out the rear vents as we drive. At least then it would be more like the ambient air outside. Not talking about the cab. The cargo box itself. But the same concept goes for AC in the cab. 90% of the time it wouldn't have time to get rid of the hot air before you stop again. Just a waste.

LIke these vents. $15.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 37

Integrity

Binge Poster
The AC wouldn't have time to heat exchange the air before the next stop opening the doors to let the hot air in. It takes time to swap out the air. I think they need little side vents to pull air in and back out the rear vents as we drive. At least then it would be more like the ambient air outside. Not talking about the cab. The cargo box itself. But the same concept goes for AC in the cab. 90% of the time it wouldn't have time to get rid of the hot air before you stop again. Just a waste.

LIke these vents. $15.
This has all been said before.

I disagree with your assessment and I stand by my opinion that all UPS vehicles should be equipped with AC.

LIke these vents. $15.
I just don't need another reason for my PC to be red tagged.