Mary Cheney and Partner have a baby

over9five

Staff member
Very. As it says "former" UPS manager, and she doesn't look old enough to have retired, it makes me wonder why she left the company.

Channahon

Very. As it says "former" UPS manager, and she doesn't look old enough to have retired, it makes me wonder why she left the company.

You know how it is in relationships. You plan your future and whatever works out for the best, you go for it.

If my husband made my salary, I would have left UPS s long time ago.

Anyways, when you get bit by the love bug, that's all that matters.

diesel96

Have you noticed Mr and Mrs Cheney and the Whitehouse Staff decided not to included the baby's Mother and spouse/life partner in the press release photo?

Or would it be Un-Conservative like sending out the wrong message to America.

Sammie

Mary Cheney's partner, Heather Poe, worked at UPS in Denver for a good 20 years or so. I'm not sure exactly how long ago she left. She spent that time in the hub and on the preload as far as I know. I knew her in passing and from her help with locating stray packages in the building (you could always leave her a message and she would always find the darned thing) and she was very accessable, very friendly, and always acknowledged you.

Some of my good friends on the night side knew her well and everybody liked her. I remember even from the 1980's hearing that she was very sharp, had a hysterical sense of humor and she was a damned hard worker.

I wish them both the best of luck.

This photo of the two women was in our paper this morning along with the picture of the VP and his wife and the baby but perhaps it didn't make the rounds very far.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A43375-2004Oct18.html

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
Seems strange she's always referred to as "Former UPS manager...." as if that were the pinnacle of her life. Anyone know what she does now to support the family?

Sammie

Seems strange she's always referred to as "Former UPS manager...." as if that were the pinnacle of her life. Anyone know what she does now to support the family?

Oh Holy Worshipper at the Alter of Ann,

If Heather is anything like other managers I know of who invested heavily in stock for years and then left before they were old enough to retire -

That stock has provided them with some very gracious lives....

Would be my guess...

One article I read about her said she was very instrumental in Cheney's last campaign...

Sammie

Come on guys, grow up...

No double entendre intended, seriously, nor what could have been construed as a slam at a life style. Not EVEN where I was going here.

Running a campaign is no walk in the park and one needs capable people to make it a success. That's what I was referring to.

Sounds like your "chat" was a success. We started helping a friend move Friday night and just completed the job. Funny how old injuries can sometimes come back to haunt you. My broken ankle from days of old is now resting comfortably in a cradle of ice.

Hope you're all enjoying the long weekend!!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
No double entendre intended, seriously, nor what could have been construed as a slam at a life style. Not EVEN where I was going here.

Running a campaign is no walk in the park and one needs capable people to make it a success. That's what I was referring to.

Sammie, Cheryl wasn't referring to your post. A couple of guys made some sexually offensive comments, so those posts were deleted by her.

area43

Mary Cheney's partner, Heather Poe, worked at UPS in Denver for a good 20 years or so. I'm not sure exactly how long ago she left. She spent that time in the hub and on the preload as far as I know. I knew her in passing and from her help with locating stray packages in the building (you could always leave her a message and she would always find the darned thing) and she was very accessable, very friendly, and always acknowledged you.

Some of my good friends on the night side knew her well and everybody liked her. I remember even from the 1980's hearing that she was very sharp, had a hysterical sense of humor and she was a damned hard worker.

I wish them both the best of luck.

This photo of the two women was in our paper this morning along with the picture of the VP and his wife and the baby but perhaps it didn't make the rounds very far.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A43375-2004Oct18.html
Just a side bar. When I was hired in the 80 's the person doing the hiring had told me later on that when it came to hiring women they would go to the local colleges here and go to the phys ed departments to find the more atheletic women. We also have two all women colleges, in which he would go and try to recruit potential employees. The women that worked in our center were tough and worked harder than most of us dudes(but not harded than me though).lol