Mass Shooting Solutions

newfie

I believe in extensive background checks and thorough psychological screening of each person before a firearm purchase permit is issued.

Unfortunately I also believe that it has to be a federal standard and not in the hands of the state government.
criminals will not submit to such screenings. Law abiding citizens will.

vantexan

I have heard of purchase permits for the purchase of hand gun.

Don’t remember where but I definitely heard of it.
I'm no expert but isn't it permit to own rather than permit to buy? Unless maybe you're talking about a fully automatic weapon that requires special permission?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Massachusetts requires everyone to have at least a 4 hour approved class course ( live firing is optional ).
Before we can apply for a permit. Which costs $100 , but is good for 6 years.
The application has to be approved by your local Chief of Police, first.
Then sent to the Massachusetts State Police for final approval.
You collect your license from your local police.
Interesting post.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm no expert but isn't it permit to own rather than permit to buy? Unless maybe you're talking about a fully automatic weapon that requires special permission?
I don’t know.

As I said I don’t even remember where I heard of a purchase permit.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You don’t need a permit to own or buy a gun. You need a permit to carry concealed. There may be a few communist states like New York or Massachusetts or California that make you jump through more hoops to buy one, but there’s no federal requirement for a permit.