Maybe now is the right time to organize

bacha29

First off that's just silly with the president for life stuff. What you'll get with your healthcare for all is an inferior product for all eventually. Meanwhile whoever can afford it will pay into a private plan that's put out by a hospital or a private group of doctors. You'll get rid of the health insurance industry, but that won't stop the wealthy from negotiating for better care rather than sit in crowded waiting rooms with the rest of us.
Your comments are a clear concession that you believe personal wealth should be the deciding factor between who gets the best available care and who gets one step up from nothing. That might be a system that's fair and just for you but for me and millions of other Americans it's not fair and just. And if you are one of those .. what do you called them? "Christians", isn't it? It shouldn't be acceptable for you and the rest of them as well for the simple reason that much of your religion is based on serving humanity and easing human suffering .

As for the president for life matter. it would appear that you have refused to accept the reality surrounding what Dear leader said at a news conference two days ago regarding ,"get rid of the ballots and there will be no transfer of power". His obvious plan is to stack SCOTUS and then throw every post election motion he can think of at them in order to tie up the transfer of power to his successor for years. And what's so funny about his claim of mail in vote fraud. His own FBI appointee said at a congressional hearing yesterday that there is NO evidence of any wide spread voter fraud.

dmac1

Envy of the rich? Always comes down to that with you. I have insurance through my wife's job. Eventually I'll have Medicare. No different than millions of others.

You remind me of the alchemists of the Dark Ages. The ones who sought to turn lead into gold. At some point you have to accept the inevitable. Healthcare helps, but over and over I see very rich people who in spite of their wealth succumbed to some illness before their time. I'm not worried about it. A terrible economy that may affect the viability of Social Security and Medicare worries me. The virus is a temporary thing but leaders who think they can spend us to prosperity worry the heck out of me. I'll be gone in 20-25 years, maybe sooner, and don't want to die in poverty.
More ridiculous comments some might call stupid. The point isn't that even wealthy people with insurance die, but that having insurance- especially for poorer people- doesn't leave your family broke and homeless. Even with medicare, you can have high expenses, and if you end up in a nursing home with medicaid paying, your assets will be eaten away.

You probably think the auto insurance stops accidents, or at least believe others think that way. Insurance is cover the expense- not prevent the problem.

And if you don't believe in spending our way into prosperity, you may want to understand that ALL the stock market growth and ALL the GDP growth pre-covid under Trump has been bought by you, on credit, with MASSIVE spending under Trump. You would likely be surprised to know that ALL the slight GDP growth under Trump is matched almost penny for penny by the added deficit spending. If you believe that the economy was prospering under Trump (pre-covid) then you already believe that you can buy your way to prosperity.

Last edited:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Your comments are a clear concession that you believe personal wealth should be the deciding factor between who gets the best available care and who gets one step up from nothing. That might be a system that's fair and just for you but for me and millions of other Americans it's not fair and just.

When you have something (the best care possible) that everyone wants but it's in very limited supply, what better way to determine who gets it than giving it to those who are willing to pay for it? What's unfair about that?

And if you are one of those .. what do you called them? "Christians", isn't it? It shouldn't be acceptable for you and the rest of them as well for the simple reason that much of your religion is based on serving humanity and easing human suffering .

Christianity is based on serving humanity? Where in the world did you come up with THAT???? Christianity is based on serving the will of God, period.

59 Dano

Insurance is cover the expense- not prevent the problem.

And making it easier to cover the expense without preventing the problem means that there's no incentive to fix the bad habits that lead to so many health problems. CONGRATULATIONS.

vantexan

More ridiculous comments some might call stupid. The point isn't that even wealthy people with insurance die, but that having insurance- especially for poorer people- doesn't leave your family broke and homeless. Even with medicare, you can have high expenses, and if you end up in a nursing home with medicaid paying, your assets will be eaten away.

You probably think the auto insurance stops accidents, or at least believe others think that way. Insurance is cover the expense- not prevent the problem.

And if you don't believe in spending our way into prosperity, you may want to understand that ALL the stock market growth and ALL the GDP growth pre-covid under Trump has been bought by you, on credit, with MASSIVE spending under Trump. You would likely be surprised to know that ALL the slight GDP growth under Trump is matched almost penny for penny by the added deficit spending. If you believe that the economy was prospering under Trump (pre-covid) then you already believe that you can buy your way to prosperity.
And you can't seem to get that when you have your Medicare-for-all that's being pushed you will break the bank and lead to open revolt as that and other proposals will have everyone working for the government to pay for it all. Only there isn't enough money to pay for it all. Always telling when envy of the rich is pushed as a way to justify profligate spending. And don't kid yourself, Trump had to compromise with Democrats to get the military spending he wanted. Necessary because Obama had the military at pre-WWII levels. Couldn't get enough Republican votes to get it done so had to turn to Democrats who were happy to go along as long as they got their spending. Either you're ignorant of that fact or are disingenuous. But the economy boomed in Trump's first three years not because of deficit spending but by cutting taxes and reducing regulatory burdens that weren't necessary but were put on by Obamasan to bleed businesses dry.

vantexan

Your comments are a clear concession that you believe personal wealth should be the deciding factor between who gets the best available care and who gets one step up from nothing. That might be a system that's fair and just for you but for me and millions of other Americans it's not fair and just. And if you are one of those .. what do you called them? "Christians", isn't it? It shouldn't be acceptable for you and the rest of them as well for the simple reason that much of your religion is based on serving humanity and easing human suffering .

As for the president for life matter. it would appear that you have refused to accept the reality surrounding what Dear leader said at a news conference two days ago regarding ,"get rid of the ballots and there will be no transfer of power". His obvious plan is to stack SCOTUS and then throw every post election motion he can think of at them in order to tie up the transfer of power to his successor for years. And what's so funny about his claim of mail in vote fraud. His own FBI appointee said at a congressional hearing yesterday that there is NO evidence of any wide spread voter fraud.
Jesus said " the poor you have with you always." All the great schemes Democrats have come up with to alleviate poverty have failed in spite of throwing trillions at it. Strangely though a lot of Democrats have gotten rich in office over the decades. Harry Truman said that anyone who gets rich in politics is a crook. That's what you support, lip service to society's ills while your leaders line their pockets. Want to help the poor? Give them an environment where the rich are willing to invest in business to make a good return and jobs are created to make that good return possible. Let people have opportunities to improve themselves and if they want better they'll strive to achieve better. That keeps the economy strong and makes it possible to support programs like Social Security and Medicare and others. SS was started to alleviate senior poverty because there was a time when seniors would end up impoverished when they could no longer work and didn't have relatives willing to take them in. A Democrat program that makes sense. And by the way, have never gotten a job from a poor man. You can rail against the rich all you want, and yes there are some who deserve it, but they are the economic engine that keeps the country going. If they stay on the sidelines because the government wants to take a much bigger chunk of their profits then businesses don't start, don't expand, don't hire, and many more people end up on welfare, dependent on the government and voting for those who give them more and more. Right where you want them.

floridays

why would u leave the sunshine...unless those people took over your area??
When Uncle Sam says you move, sometimes the whole family follows.

Who are those people?
If you're speaking of Cubans, we got along.

Just to add, some of the best sunshine I have enjoyed was when I lived in Colorado.

bacha29

When you have something (the best care possible) that everyone wants but it's in very limited supply, what better way to determine who gets it than giving it to those who are willing to pay for it? What's unfair about that?

Christianity is based on serving humanity? Where in the world did you come up with THAT???? Christianity is based on serving the will of God, period.
And the "will of God" is whatever the individual believes it to be and quite often it's whatever best serves the interests the of individual. Just as the individual can take any old piece of ancient biblical text and use it to support whatever point of view they want.

59 Dano

And the "will of God" is whatever the individual believes it to be and quite often it's whatever best serves the interests the of individual. Just as the individual can take any old piece of ancient biblical text and use it to support whatever point of view they want.
I was more interested in your answer to how you decide who among the throngs that want a limited amount of "the best" care should get it, but okay.

Either way, you're just plain ignorant and don't know what you're talking about. Or, as it's known around here, Saturday.

bacha29

Jesus said " the poor you have with you always." All the great schemes Democrats have come up with to alleviate poverty have failed in spite of throwing trillions at it. Strangely though a lot of Democrats have gotten rich in over the decades. Harry Truman said that anyone who gets rich in politics is a . That's what you support, lip service to society's ills while your leaders line their pockets. Want to help the poor? Give them an environment where the rich are willing to invest in business to make a good return and jobs are created to make that good return possible. Let people have opportunities to improve themselves and if they want better they'll strive to achieve better. That keeps the economy strong and makes it possible to support programs like Social Security and Medicare and others. SS was started to alleviate senior poverty because there was a time when seniors would end up impoverished when they could no longer work and didn't have relatives willing to take them in. A Democrat program that makes sense. And by the way, have never gotten a job from a poor man. You can rail against the rich all you want, and yes there are some who deserve it, but they are the economic engine that keeps the country going. If they stay on the sidelines because the government wants to take a much bigger chunk of their profits then businesses don't start, don't expand, don't hire, and many more people end up on welfare, dependent on the government and voting for those who give them more and more. Right where you want them.
You're not fooling anybody. You obviously can see the coming end of your own working lifetime and have serious worries about your own retirement and healthcare security. And man you definitely should be because it doesn't matter how strong the economy is when your Dear Leader's plainly stated intent is to eliminate FICA taxes.

The best way to help secure your own well being during your advancing years is to stand in opposition to the measures your own party plans on taking regarding the old age programs whose creation you continue to give your party credit for when nothing could farther away from the truth.

bacha29

Health care is not a right. Doctors provide services, for which they are paid. You cannot claim to have a right to that service.
The healthcare system today is run by networks. If a physician wants a piece of that action and decides to join the network they have to treat subscriber/members in that network and it does make it their right. Rest assured if a doctor wants to hold onto his patient admission rights especially at a publicly supported hospital he had better be flexible, willing and compliant .

Yes, you'll find a doctor here and there who are strictly independent practices but their patents are more often than not the extremely wealthy.

Working4the1%

Health care is not a right. Doctors provide services, for which they are paid. You cannot claim to have a right to that service.
More than half the world’s countries have pledged to protect their citizens’ right to health care, through either national laws or international human-rights agreements. U sure??

vantexan

You're not fooling anybody. You obviously can see the coming end of your own working lifetime and have serious worries about your own retirement and healthcare security. And man you definitely should be because it doesn't matter how strong the economy is when your Dear Leader's plainly stated intent is to eliminate FICA taxes.

The best way to help secure your own well being during your advancing years is to stand in opposition to the measures your own party plans on taking regarding the old age programs whose creation you continue to give your party credit for when nothing could farther away from the truth.
I obviously see the end of my lifetime, period, and am maneuvering towards the best situation I can come up. I don't need you to fight the good fight for me. Your way breaks the bank, and I don't want to spend my last years wearing a barrel along with everyone else.

bacha29

I obviously see the end of my lifetime, period, and am maneuvering towards the best situation I can come up. I don't need you to fight the good fight for me. Your way breaks the bank, and I don't want to spend my last years wearing a barrel along with everyone else.
Won't you be breaking the bank if you find yourself in a nursing home because there's nowhere else for you to go and on Medicaid because you're flat out broke?
Look, I commend you for your creative albeit somewhat dangerous attempts to make your resources go as far as possible but you're entering a phase of your life where you flat out just don't know what's around the bend but whatever it is your age, health, work capacity and financial resources will unquestionably play a role in your ability to impact the final outcome.

vantexan

Won't you be breaking the bank if you find yourself in a nursing home because there's nowhere else for you to go and on Medicaid because you're flat out broke?
Look, I commend you for your creative albeit somewhat dangerous attempts to make your resources go as far as possible but you're entering a phase of your life where you flat out just don't know what's around the bend but whatever it is your age, health, work capacity and financial resources will unquestionably play a role in your ability to impact the final outcome.
I'm going to be in a situation shortly where I can save some serious money. And I'd be better off paying someone to assist me overseas than ever being in a nursing home in the States. How about stop trying to create a paradise and instead focus on opportunities through hard work to advance one's future?