Maybe now is the right time to organize

fdxsux

Sounds about what is just about everywhere else. You've got two choices. Take lower copays and deductibles in exchange for higher premiums or the opposite. It's all relative. I like what an insurer advisor told me. Take the premium difference and put that in the bank to pay for the higher deductibles and copays. If you never need it, you're dollars ahead. Now I know that this doesn't happen everywhere but the insurance rep who wrote my policy laid it all out in front of me and showed me how the increased coverages were in perfect lockstep with higher premiums. It takes discipline to set that money aside every month and resist the temptation to use it elsewhere but the potential pay back is no doubt there.
This is what I have done. I hated paying the high premiums when I wasn’t even using the insurance.

MAKAVELI

I'm not trying to claim anything. Makaveli was clearly talking about FedEx healthcare, and you assumed he was saying something incorrect about the ACA. You're so sensitive about it that you just wrote me a book. Going on and on about things I didn't even mention or allude to. Get a grip. But as I mentioned before, with no lifetime caps on benefits eventually the system will fail. This is what tax and spend liberals never seen to grasp. There is a limit to just how much can be spent because there's only so much money to go around. For example public pensions. Many states and municipalities promised great pensions but now the realization is that pension payouts will have to be slashed. That or declare bankruptcy and get out of their obligation altogether. So go on believing that the ACA will solve everything. Things were the way they were before because the medical field kept raising costs much faster than the rate of inflation. The ACA is supposed to put a brake on that but ultimately that will retire a lot of doctors and discourage others from entering. With fewer doctors and nurses you're going to see longer wait times as well as rising costs. Good luck with that. Enjoy the panacea that is the ACA while it lasts!
@dmac1 doesn't understand FedEx is self insured. They pay the claims and Anthem only administers the plan. Fedex saves a ton of $ in this setup. The ACA may not solve everything but at least is a start to fix the broken system we've had for decades. The ACA is something to build upon and expand in the future. Healthcare really is a right, not a privilege.

vantexan

@dmac1 doesn't understand FedEx is self insured. They pay the claims and Anthem only administers the plan. Fedex saves a ton of $ in this setup. The ACA may not solve everything but at least is a start to fix the broken system we've had for decades. The ACA is something to build upon and expand in the future. Healthcare really is a right, not a privilege.
I agree that a form of healthcare is a right. Trying to give everyone a high end plan however might break the bank. Then where will we be?

vantexan

High end plan is a misnomer. Everyone deserves the same care, regardless of race or socioeconomic disposition
In many developing nations they have healthcare available to everyone. For those who can afford it there are private hospitals with their own plans. That's the direction we're heading.

bacha29

I'm not trying to claim anything. Makaveli was clearly talking about FedEx healthcare, and you assumed he was saying something incorrect about the ACA. You're so sensitive about it that you just wrote me a book. Going on and on about things I didn't even mention or allude to. Get a grip. But as I mentioned before, with no lifetime caps on benefits eventually the system will fail. This is what tax and spend liberals never seen to grasp. There is a limit to just how much can be spent because there's only so much money to go around. For example public pensions. Many states and municipalities promised great pensions but now the realization is that pension payouts will have to be slashed. That or declare bankruptcy and get out of their obligation altogether. So go on believing that the ACA will solve everything. Things were the way they were before because the medical field kept raising costs much faster than the rate of inflation. The ACA is supposed to put a brake on that but ultimately that will retire a lot of doctors and discourage others from entering. With fewer doctors and nurses you're going to see longer wait times as well as rising costs. Good luck with that. Enjoy the panacea that is the ACA while it lasts!
VT are you satisfied with your demise having come and perhaps earlier than it would of otherwise had been due (1) you're broke, (2) nobody will write you a policy due to preexisting conditions, (3) you did somehow obtain a policy albeit at outrageous premiums but quickly exceeded maximum lifetime coverages? All this at a time when a guy like Fat Freddy a guy you destroyed your health and body for in order to materially participate in the task of making him very very rich has access to the best treatments and advances medical science has to offer because for him money thanks in part to people like yourself is no object.

This is the moral and ethical question VT. Should access to the kind of healthcare that can add many years of quality life be the exclusive domain of the rich and powerful? Is he a better man than you are simply because he has unlimited personal wealth while you have nothing despite the fact that you played by the rules and completely fulfilled your core responsibilities?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
VT are you satisfied with your demise having come and perhaps earlier than it would of otherwise had been due (1) you're broke, (2) nobody will write you a policy due to preexisting conditions, (3) you did somehow obtain a policy albeit at outrageous premiums but quickly exceeded maximum lifetime coverages? All this at a time when a guy like Fat Freddy a guy you destroyed your health and body for in order to materially participate in the task of making him very very rich has access to the best treatments and advances medical science has to offer because for him money thanks in part to people like yourself is no object.

This is the moral and ethical question VT. Should access to the kind of healthcare that can add many years of quality life be the exclusive domain of the rich and powerful? Is he a better man than you are simply because he has unlimited personal wealth while you have nothing despite the fact that you played by the rules and completely fulfilled your core responsibilities?
Two common fallacies propagated by the clueless.

1) When accepting employment, your focus should be on how much YOU make, not how much the owner of the company makes. That information is immaterial to your situation.

2) Your obligation is to yourself first AND to providing an honest days work. If the wages aren't equal to the work, then it is your responsibility to recognize that fact and find employment elsewhere.

Stop blaming entrepreneurs and business owners for your lack of gumption.

bacha29

Two common fallacies propagated by the clueless.

1) When accepting employment, your focus should be on how much YOU make, not how much the owner of the company makes. That information is immaterial to your situation.

2) Your obligation is to yourself first AND to providing an honest days work. If the wages aren't equal to the work, then it is your responsibility to recognize that fact and find employment elsewhere.

Stop blaming entrepreneurs and business owners for your lack of gumption.
Then quit hanging onto the falsehood that it you take care of your employer and his family he will take care of you and yours. Stop putting today's so called "entrepreneurs on this throne as some of you consistently do. You're right in the sense of looking out for yourself. However, when it comes to job description, job security and compensation assume nothing unless it is posted on a binding, enforceable and negotiated legal document and it just amazes me that Express employees both working and retired has never collectively attempted to do anything in that regard.

vantexan

Envy of the rich? Always comes down to that with you. I have insurance through my wife's job. Eventually I'll have Medicare. No different than millions of others.

You remind me of the alchemists of the Dark Ages. The ones who sought to turn lead into gold. At some point you have to accept the inevitable. Healthcare helps, but over and over I see very rich people who in spite of their wealth succumbed to some illness before their time. I'm not worried about it. A terrible economy that may affect the viability of Social Security and Medicare worries me. The virus is a temporary thing but leaders who think they can spend us to prosperity worry the heck out of me. I'll be gone in 20-25 years, maybe sooner, and don't want to die in poverty.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And red states are so wonderful. Low income smile&holes are all over the mostly red south, with illiterate rednecks living in singlewides thinking they have it made.

Compared to what, the homeless living in the poo-filled streets? The inner city war zones?

I appreciate your attempts at partisan cultural supremacy, but that's not really a battle that can be won, boss.

bacha29

Envy of the rich? Always comes down to that with you. I have insurance through my wife's job. Eventually I'll have Medicare. No different than millions of others.

You remind me of the alchemists of the Dark Ages. The ones who sought to turn lead into gold. At some point you have to accept the inevitable. Healthcare helps, but over and over I see very rich people who in spite of their wealth succumbed to some illness before their time. I'm not worried about it. A terrible economy that may affect the viability of Social Security and Medicare worries me. The virus is a temporary thing but leaders who think they can spend us to prosperity worry the heck out of me. I'll be gone in 20-25 years, maybe sooner, and don't want to die in poverty.
And that's the entire point. Should a person of modest means be denied access to quality healthcare while the elite for whom money is no object get the very best? I read post after post from you express guys regarding how Fat Freddy is slowly dismembering your healthcare plan. And he'll continue to do so and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. And Medicare? If Paul Ryan that Republican icon had it his way there would be no Medicare, replaced instead by his ridiculous voucher plan. .

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Should a person of modest means be denied access to quality healthcare while the elite for whom money is no object get the very best?

Should a person with a bunch of money be denied access to a higher quality of care simply because someone with less money can't afford it?

I'll answer it for you: no, because it would lead to a lower standard of care for everyone.

vantexan

And that's the entire point. Should a person of modest means be denied access to quality healthcare while the elite for whom money is no object get the very best? I read post after post from you express guys regarding how Fat Freddy is slowly dismembering your healthcare plan. And he'll continue to do so and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. And Medicare? If Paul Ryan that Republican icon had it his way there would be no Medicare, replaced instead by his ridiculous voucher plan. .
Paul Ryan isn't around and no one is talking about him. Again you're pushing class envy. The rich can afford better, sure. Can EVERYONE ELSE get similar coverage? No, not feasible. Tell me something, do you think getting the care that the rich get will insure you'll live a healthy life well into your 80's, even 90's? Doesn't work that way. There are many factors that determine how your life ends. No guarantees. We should all do what's best for us in our 20's and maintain that. Some do. Some see the light later. Many never do. There's not a healthcare system out there that will correct all the poor choices made for everyone. Best many can hope for is medications that extend life but the quality of that life at the end is questionable. You're selling snake oil if you claim otherwise.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Should a person with a bunch of money be denied access to a higher quality of care simply because someone with less money can't afford it?

I'll answer it for you: no, because it would lead to a lower standard of care for everyone.
I agree with your position, with one potential caveat.
If the standard of care for the wealthy comes at the expense of those not wealthy, then there is a problem.
In reality, the wealthy demanding a higher standard of care is what pulls the tide that upgrades everyone’s standard of care.

bacha29

Paul Ryan isn't around and no one is talking about him. Again you're pushing class envy. The rich can afford better, sure. Can EVERYONE ELSE get similar coverage? No, not feasible. Tell me something, do you think getting the care that the rich get will insure you'll live a healthy life well into your 80's, even 90's? Doesn't work that way. There are many factors that determine how your life ends. No guarantees. We should all do what's best for us in our 20's and maintain that. Some do. Some see the light later. Many never do. There's not a healthcare system out there that will correct all the poor choices made for everyone. Best many can hope for is medications that extend life but the quality of that life at the end is questionable. You're selling snake oil if you claim otherwise.
Your still missing the point. You are always belly aching about American healthcare being too expensive. Should quality healthcare become the exclusive domain of the 1%? Well Bud, without a national healthcare plan they are the only ones who will receive care.. The ACA was our first meaningful attempt at one and if it's overturned rest assured there won't be another attempt at one for decades.

Now today Dear Leader issued an executive order proclaiming his desire to protect those with preexisting conditions. Only problem with that is that he doesn't tell you how he's going to do that. In addition, he's been telling us that he has a superior alternative to the ACA ready to go and will be introduced any day now? Only trouble with that is that he's been telling us that for months.

Then again since he's obviously quite busy setting himself up to make himself president for life which he perfectly yesterday he's probably long since forgotten about his promise of a better national healthcare plan.

vantexan

Your still missing the point. You are always belly aching about American healthcare being too expensive. Should quality healthcare become the exclusive domain of the 1%? Well Bud, without a national healthcare plan they are the only ones who will receive care.. The ACA was our first meaningful attempt at one and if it's overturned rest assured there won't be another attempt at one for decades.

Now today Dear Leader issued an executive order proclaiming his desire to protect those with preexisting conditions. Only problem with that is that he doesn't tell you how he's going to do that. In addition, he's been telling us that he has a superior alternative to the ACA ready to go and will be introduced any day now? Only trouble with that is that he's been telling us that for months.

Then again since he's obviously quite busy setting himself up to make himself president for life which he perfectly yesterday he's probably long since forgotten about his promise of a better national healthcare plan.
First off that's just silly with the president for life stuff. What you'll get with your healthcare for all is an inferior product for all eventually. Meanwhile whoever can afford it will pay into a private plan that's put out by a hospital or a private group of doctors. You'll get rid of the health insurance industry, but that won't stop the wealthy from negotiating for better care rather than sit in crowded waiting rooms with the rest of us.