Maybe we don't have it that bad?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I had to take my child to the ER recently for a sports related injury. After no testing and no meds, $700 for ER and $200 for follow-up with PCP. Total paid by Anthem, big fat 0. Total cost to me, $900. Thank you FedEx for this stupendous insurance that went from me paying nothing to me now paying $900. But, I'm lucky to still have a job (yes, sarcasm). FedEx Cares!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I had to take my child to the ER recently for a sports related injury. After no testing and no meds, $700 for ER and $200 for follow-up with PCP. Total paid by Anthem, big fat 0. Total cost to me, $900. Thank you FedEx for this stupendous insurance that went from me paying nothing to me now paying $900. But, I'm lucky to still have a job (yes, sarcasm). FedEx Cares!!!

Similar here. I had to take a family member into ER for a life-threatening emergency. I drove at 100 mph because the hospital was close and knew that I would hit with a huge ambulance bill if my loved one had to be transported. Thanks, Fred!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have you appealed their decision not to pay?

Sent using BrownCafe App

STFXG

Just cut a $6000 check for a surgery. And my wife works at the hospital we get our insurance through. I'll trade you insurances...

Sent using BrownCafe App

STFXG

3000 family deductible. 20% After deductible for surgical services. 6000 max out of pocket. Better than paying the near 20k total bill. Only costs $10 a week for coverage though. Higher deductibles and more out of pocket is the way it's going for everyone.