Meanwhile in Looneyville

vantexan

So they're NOT going to get sick or injured. and require extensive and costly care. These are a lot of bold assertions coming from a guy who had to go seek medical care recently but had no health insurance
Didn't say that. But a lot won't. This was a fundamental concept of Obamacare, get young, healthy adults to sign up who could pay into the system but would use it very little.

vantexan

Trump won because enough people voted for him because Hillary was worse. Not because they liked him.

Same thing will happen again if it is between Trump and most of the current Dem candidates.
That's why Tulsi Gabbard might beat him. She's an attractive woman, Samoan ancestry, practicing Hindu, military, and comes off level headed and intelligent. Something for everyone. I don't agree with a lot of her positions, but at least she's not an in your face screaming flame thrower. If the Dems pick someone like Warren because Gabbard said something negative about gays years ago then they will not only lose but will deserve to.

oldngray

nowhere special
That's why Tulsi Gabbard might beat him. She's an attractive woman, Samoan ancestry, practicing Hindu, military, and comes off level headed and intelligent. Something for everyone. I don't agree with a lot of her positions, but at least she's not an in your face screaming flame thrower. If the Dems pick someone like Warren because Gabbard said something negative about gays years ago then they will not only lose but will deserve to.
She is definitely more moderate than most of the rest but has seemed harder left on some issues in the past. It makes me wonder whether she shifted her positions or is just presenting herself as more moderate to attract more support.

vantexan

She is definitely more moderate than most of the rest but has seemed harder left on some issues in the past. It makes me wonder whether she shifted her positions or is just presenting herself as more moderate to attract more support.
A lot of jockeying for position over there. You have to bow to the far Left to get traction, and if you're smart, and she seems to be, you stake out some middle ground looking towards the general election. Something a lot of them don't seem to get.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Moderates normally would vote against Trump despite a good economy because he’s an enormous prick and terrible human being.

But moderates also will not have any part in taking the Country to hard left crazy town just because Trump is the worst. That’s the Democratic Party’s problem.

When the Democratic Presidential candidates stand on the debate stage and say, for example, that they want to legalize undocumented border crossings and provide free healthcare to those who do make it across, they wound the Democrats’ 2020 chances greatly.

Stuff like that flies so hard against what most moderates (and probably even most people in general) would consider to be common sense that they’d rather let the enormous prick and terrible human being remain in office than see that actually happen.
If they were all running against trump you would be correct. They're not. They're running against each other.

If your premise is correct then the far left candidates will not win the nomination.

Box Ox

If they were all running against trump you would be correct. They're not. They're running against each other.

If your premise is correct then the far left candidates will not win the nomination.

Well let's hope Joe wins it. Because there's him and then......? And he is looking pretty darn old to me these days.

It will be fine

Well let's hope Joe wins it then? Because there's him and then......? And he is looking pretty darn old to me these days.
Joe has never been a great campaigner. I think he correctly understands these first debates were meaningless in the scheme of the campaign so he didn’t prep all that much for them.

It will be fine

Right! LOL
You have no room to comment on Trump supporters supporting him no matter what.
What a hypocrite!
I don’t really like Joe but he’s not an idiot. He’s not a great campaigner. These first debates didn’t move the polls for him much at all. His campaign correctly figured that and didn’t spend a whole lot of effort on them. It was a first step to see what all the attacks on him would be. It makes no difference if a bunch of republicans think he did a bad job.