Media Bias

wilberforce15

And yet most of them didn't recognize Christ as the Messiah yet you're trying to make the Christians anyways.
Those who don't recognize Christ as the Messiah would not be Christians. That's pretty clear, yes?

But if belief in the Messiah predated Abraham, and Moses, then Christianity would predate Judaism. And it does.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If Christianity is defined as belief in the death, burial, and resurrection of a savior who is God in the flesh, then Christianity existed for thousands of years before Christ.

What was going to happen was spelled out quite clearly. And the people who believed it were Christians.
I’ll play the game. Jews existed prior to Christianity, and don’t recognize Jesus as Messiah, so, not Christians.

wilberforce15

I’ll play the game. Jews existed prior to Christianity, and don’t recognize Jesus as Messiah, so, not Christians.
You're not playing the game, because you're not reading. Those who do not recognize the Messiah are not Christians. That's the third time I've said it. Not all Jews were Christians. But many were. And Christianity itself preceded Abraham and Moses, on the bases already laid out.

vantexan

You're not playing the game, because you're not reading. Those who do not recognize the Messiah are not Christians. That's the third time I've said it. Not all Jews were Christians. But many were. And Christianity itself preceded Abraham and Moses, on the bases already laid out.
In almost 59 years, raised in a family of ministers, I have never heard what you are saying by anyone. There's nothing in the Bible to support your view. Wanting something to be so doesn't necessarily make it so. Definitely not in this case.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
There weren't any religions before Christianity.

The only sensible argument that you could make is that Christianity existed at Creation because everything was created through Christ the Son of God. If so, you would be the only person I’ve ever heard make that leap of logic.
Christianity is defined by most as “followers of Christ “. So, until Christ became Flesh, and instructed His Apostles, who were inspired by the Holy Spirit, there were no followers.

Your theory is perforated full of holes.

vantexan

Those who don't recognize Christ as the Messiah would not be Christians. That's pretty clear, yes?

But if belief in the Messiah predated Abraham, and Moses, then Christianity would predate Judaism. And it does.
Belief in a messiah was central to Judaism. Who were these people who believed in a messiah before Moses? And most Jews don't believe in Jesus as the Messiah but were called God's chosen people in the Bible. And the New Testament said they, believers in and followers of Christ, were first called Christians at Antioch. You're saying people were Christians long before Christ came to Earth. Nowhere does the Bible teach that.