Media Bias

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I’ll play the game. Jews existed prior to Christianity, and don’t recognize Jesus as Messiah, so, not Christians.

How many Jews believe in Jesus?​

Statistics of how many Jews embrace Jesus range wildly from 1.7 million Jewish adults to 175,000 Messianic Jews in the US. Some have argued that these figures represent Jews who are assimilated, disaffected, and otherwise uneducated in Judaism. However, the historical record would disagree. Some who embraced Jesus are among the most educated in Judaism such as Israel Zolle, the chief rabbi of Rome during World War II; Isaac Lichtenstein, district rabbi of Tapio-Szele in Hungary, who after 35 years serving his synagogue, at age 60, publicly declared to his congregation he discovered Yeshua is the Messiah; and Leopold Cohn, the Grand Rabbi of Austria-Hungary. Even today, there are Jews with different degrees of educations and observance, courageous enough to explore whether Jesus is the promised Jewish Messiah in spite of the dictates of traditions and religious authorities.

vantexan

Actually I think Passover was a picture of the true, the Blood shed at the cross.
The same for the ram God provided for Abraham.
It's a remembrance of the homes spared the death of their first born in Egypt. Because they obeyed God and did as commanded their home was passed over. That's literally what Passover means.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Happens about the same time but totally different outlook.
Yet that is why Easter usually occurs on the weekend at the time of the year as Passover does ... especially the first one.
They can occur on different weekends in a year because Easter is based on a Solar calendar and Passover is based on a Lunar calendar.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
We have liftoff!
I still enjoy watching spacecraft liftoff!
1605486755198.png

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
You're not playing the game, because you're not reading. Those who do not recognize the Messiah are not Christians. That's the third time I've said it. Not all Jews were Christians. But many were. And Christianity itself preceded Abraham and Moses, on the bases already laid out.
Not one Jew was ever a Christian until 3,000 obeyed the gospel and became such in Acts 2 on Pentecost.

BrownFlush

Not all Jews were Christians. But many were. And Christianity itself preceded Abraham and Moses, on the bases already laid out.
No Christ, No Christians.
and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians. - Acts 11:26
This passage is about 2000 years old.
I believe Moses and Abraham might be just a little older than what you are teaching without any authority but your own.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
No Christ, No Christians.
and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians. - Acts 11:26
This passage is about 2000 years old.
I believe Moses and Abraham might be just a little older than what you are teaching without any authority but your own.
John 1:

"1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world."

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
John 1:

"1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world."

Christ is a title meaning ‘anointed one’ or ‘messiah’. It was not Jesus’ surname.

Unless you were making some other point.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Christ is a title meaning ‘anointed one’ or ‘messiah’. It was not Jesus’ surname.

Unless you were making some other point.

I'm not sure I know what point you think I was making, so I don't know how to answer that.

Jesus is the "Word" mentioned in these verses. He is also the Christ, hence the Christ was in the beginning, meaning there has never not been a Christ. He didn't have to come to Earth in order for people to have faith in him. In fact, even before his death and resurrection he told people their faith in him had saved them.

Luke 7:50 "Jesus said to the woman, 'Your faith has saved you; go in peace.'"

People saved by their faith in the Christ might be considered Christians, no?

BrownFlush

John 1:

Point?