Media Bias

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
morelock, reading words on a teleprompter is not extraordinary, my kids could have done that when they were about 7 years old, and probably could be more presidential in other ways too. Makes you wonder who wrote them since he didn't take his eyes off for even a second, it didn't appear he was familiar with what he was reading. I thought republicans like you morelock, were all ready to impeach Obama over his use of the teleprompter, it is hypocritical.

rickyb

when polled the american public trusts donald trump by 10 percentage points too than the media. roughly half of americans trust what he says. i dont think the media should be trusted and i think alot of what donald trump says is a lie and both of them have way too much people who trust them even though at this point its a minority.

people are misdirecting their focus on russia in terms of whos responsible for destroying the democracy and whos selecting whos getting elected.

the media is where the focus should be and we need media reform. 6 corporations control 90% of all news in america. GE who owns msnbc shut dennis kucinich out of the debate in 2008. being allowed into the debate is a make or break to determine who becomes president and its controlled by private corporations, and these corporations politicize it. another example would be how bernie sanders got a fraction of the coverage of hillary clinton even though she is a massive crook.

one of the economists i listen to who has family in france says france has some kind of equal time provision for political candidates.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
morelock, reading words on a teleprompter is not extraordinary, my kids could have done that when they were about 7 years old, and probably could be more presidential in other ways too. Makes you wonder who wrote them since he didn't take his eyes off for even a second, it didn't appear he was familiar with what he was reading. I thought republicans like you morelock, were all ready to impeach Obama over his use of the teleprompter, it is hypocritical.
I would go much further back....he would be ineligible to be president because of his drug usage.....

rickyb

RT America’s Chris Hedges nominated for Daytime Emmy

theres a good video in the post where chris talks about censorship because of commercial ads.

not sure what it means to be nominated for an emmy, but ive heard of it before.

"Now we have news as just one of the innumerable revenue streams for Viacom or General Electric or Rupert Murdoch News Corp competing against revenue streams, and this has created a kind of vacuum. I think the last show on national television, on PBS that dealt with power was Bill Moyers – that's gone now. And that's fatal to a democracy," Hedges told RT.

"We need programs where dissident voices that challenge the dominant narrative, that critique systems of power, including of course corporate power, can be heard. And there is almost no space left, and that's what we've tried to do with 'On Contact,' to fill that void," he added.

Activists, intellectuals, revolutionaries, and radicals are the journalist’s conversation partners on the show, often exposing the assault on democratic systems, the ecosystem, and the greed of big corporations.

The RT America host previously spent 20 years (15 of them with the New York Times) reporting from Central America, the Middle East, Africa, and the Balkans. He has been an outspoken critic of the Iraq War and criticized the media coverage at the time of the military campaign as “shameful cheerleading.”

In 2002, Hedges won the Pulitzer Prize with a team of reporters for his coverage of global terrorism.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Biggest news story of the day and the MSM is sweeping it under the rug .

C. Rice's hands are all over how Team Trump names were given openly to the press .
Guilty , guilty ,guilty .
But since she a Dem. ,no story here just move along .

newfie

Morelock/Pravda said what?Morelock" has decreed that Russia is fake. There is no such thing as Russia, the Democrats made it all up because they hate America.

wow Pravda. didn't think anyone used that one anymore. its always fun watching my communist friends suddenly become so anti Russian when they used to celebrate the spread of communism.

oldngray

nowhere special
her job did not include leaking!!

Definitely not unmasking (to Democrats) of people who were not the supposed targets of the investigation. Plus Susan Rice was on camera a couple of weeks ago claiming she never heard of it when now the evidence shows it was done by her.

newfie

Real juicy. Woman does her job. Shocking.

I did not realize it was her job to spy on and unmask American citizens. The Obama administration has already exhibited a total disdain for the privacy of citizens as exhibited by their spying on AP and Fox reporters and listening in on the cell phone conversations of Merkel and others. This scandal could be someone doing her job if there are only a few examples of the unmasking . if the reports are correct in that she has requested dozens of such unmaskings of the Trump campaign then this thing gets real ugly. We then get into what was done with the information. She essentially controls the unmasked information as she herself stated. how then was it leaked in Flynn's case? Did Obama know . His signing an executive order allowing the sharing of this information between all agencies days before he left office clearly shows something was afoot in his part.

The sad news for you is that the spying since july of last year and the illegal release of the Flynn info unfortunately for the libs shows there is no Russian connection. if there was then chances are good that whomever released the Flynn info would have also released the alleged Russian connection info.

It will be fine

I did not realize it was her job to spy on and unmask American citizens. The Obama administration has already exhibited a total disdain for the privacy of citizens as exhibited by their spying on AP and Fox reporters and listening in on the cell phone conversations of Merkel and others. This scandal could be someone doing her job if there are only a few examples of the unmasking . if the reports are correct in that she has requested dozens of such unmaskings of the Trump campaign then this thing gets real ugly. We then get into what was done with the information. She essentially controls the unmasked information as she herself stated. how then was it leaked in Flynn's case? Did Obama know . His signing an executive order allowing the sharing of this information between all agencies days before he left office clearly shows something was afoot in his part.

The sad news for you is that the spying since july of last year and the illegal release of the Flynn info unfortunately for the libs shows there is no Russian connection. if there was then chances are good that whomever released the Flynn info would have also released the alleged Russian connection info.
The FBI and the NSA actually do the unmasking, so following this conspiracy theory they also did something wrong.
If there was nothing going on with Flynn why was he fired and why is he asking for immunity?

newfie

The FBI and the NSA actually do the unmasking, so following this conspiracy theory they also did something wrong.
If there was nothing going on with Flynn why was he fired and why is he asking for immunity?

silly argument about the FBI and NSA. Susan Aka Benghazi video liar specifically requested the unmasking of the trump officials. who she instructed to do the unmasking is irrelevant other then the chain of custody question.

your argument about Flynn is the one I make about podesta's emails. If the DNC had not been in cahoots with the media and Clinton campaign there would have been nothing for wiki leaks to release.

in Flynn's case a phone call with the Russians was released but nothing that indicates collusion . if the collusion proof was there I'm sure the leaker would have released it already.