Media Bias

vantexan

Ya you need a gun if you're a wannabe cop whos going to go out looking to start trouble.

You clearly haven't heard about all his encounters with law enforcement since he got away with killing that kid.
Yes, I have, as I'm aware of Martin's troubles before he attacked Zimmerman and got himself killed. I also know how NBC altered his 911 call to make him sound racist. How Trayvon Martin's picture as a 12 yr old was presented to the public as the kid killed. Zimmerman should've listened to the 911 dispatcher, but doesn't change the fact that a stronger male was on top of him in the dark pounding his head into the sidewalk. Just how much should he have taken? Let Martin kill him because he didn't follow instructions? Martin should've cooperated at the start, waited for police. Got himself killed. But all that matters to some is that one was white(half Hispanic), one was black, and the black died.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes, I have, as I'm aware of Martin's troubles before he attacked Zimmerman and got himself killed. I also know how NBC altered his 911 call to make him sound racist. How Trayvon Martin's picture as a 12 yr old was presented to the public as the kid killed. Zimmerman should've listened to the 911 dispatcher, but doesn't change the fact that a stronger male was on top of him in the dark pounding his head into the sidewalk. Just how much should he have taken? Let Martin kill him because he didn't follow instructions? Martin should've cooperated at the start, waited for police. Got himself killed. But all that matters to some is that one was white(half Hispanic), one was black, and the black died.
They should have called you to testify you've got it all figured out.
LMAO.

I was talking about Zimmermans problems with law enforcement after the trial not before. History has proven the guy to be a total dbag. Fact.

MAKAVELI

Yes, I have, as I'm aware of Martin's troubles before he attacked Zimmerman and got himself killed. I also know how NBC altered his 911 call to make him sound racist. How Trayvon Martin's picture as a 12 yr old was presented to the public as the kid killed. Zimmerman should've listened to the 911 dispatcher, but doesn't change the fact that a stronger male was on top of him in the dark pounding his head into the sidewalk. Just how much should he have taken? Let Martin kill him because he didn't follow instructions? Martin should've cooperated at the start, waited for police. Got himself killed. But all that matters to some is that one was white, one was black, and the black died.
Martin was followed by Zimmerman because he was black and Zimmerman was an overzealous wannabe cop who was looking for trouble. Now if I was being followed by a stranger at night, I'd probably react in the same way as Trayvon and beat the :censored2: out of the person stalking me. It's a natural fight or flight response. Zimmerman was the aggressor and ultimately shot Trayvon because without a gun he had no chance in a fist fight. Trayvon was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

vantexan

They should have called you to testify you've got it all figured out.
LMAO.

I was talking about Zimmermans problems with law enforcement after the trial not before. History has proven the guy to be a total dbag. Fact.
And since you feel Zimmerman's future problems are relevant, I pointed out Martin had problems with the law before the confrontation. History has proven Martin had serious issues which came out in his brutal attack on Zimmerman. Fact. And I'm referring to what came out in the trial, as opposed to your race baiting.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And since you feel Zimmerman's future problems are relevant, I pointed out Martin had problems with the law before the confrontation. History has proven Martin had serious issues which came out in his brutal attack on Zimmerman. Fact. And I'm referring to what came out in the trial, as opposed to your race baiting.
You're so full of :censored2: bro.
My point is history proves Zimmerman is someone who looks for trouble. He's a freaking loser.

Last edited:

vantexan

Martin was followed by Zimmerman because he was black and Zimmerman was an overzealous wannabe cop who was looking for trouble. Now if I was being followed by a stranger at night, I'd probably react in the same way as Trayvon and beat the :censored2: out of the person stalking me. It's a natural fight or flight response. Zimmerman was the aggressor and ultimately shot Trayvon because without a gun he had no chance in a fist fight. Trayvon was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Nice try. Zimmerman was the local neighborhood watch guy. He SHOULD have listened to the 911 dispatcher. But Martin became unhinged because his right to be there was questioned. Sounds like an immature young man with anger issues. Does not give him the right to physically attack Zimmerman. He paid a terrible price.

vantexan

You're so full of :censored2: bro.
I can't help all the injustice done to Blacks in this country's history. Can't even begin to scratch the surface. But if we are to truly have a just, equal society going forward we have to at least try be be fair about every situation, not put forth ideas that this group always does this, that group always does that, that there's no honesty, integrity, truth to be found, except what jibes with what I believe. If the country continues with this mindset we'll only have continued strife.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
if we are to truly have a just, equal society going forward we have to at least try be be fair about every situation, not put forth ideas that this group always does this, that group always does that
I agree. The guy was found not guilty for exactly the reasons you claim to be against.

MAKAVELI

Nice try. Zimmerman was the local neighborhood watch guy. He SHOULD have listened to the 911 dispatcher. But Martin became unhinged because his right to be there was questioned. Sounds like an immature young man with anger issues. Does not give him the right to physically attack Zimmerman. He paid a terrible price.

Zimmerman was the aggressor and Trayvon had the right to defend himself. The true thug wasn't the one with a bag of Skittles and a can of Iced Tea, but the one with a gun looking for an excuse to use it.
What You May Not Know About the Zimmerman Verdict: The Evolution of a Jury Instruction | HuffPost
In Zimmerman’s trial, however, the defense used Gibbs to persuade the trial court to strike the initial aggressor instruction in its entirety. Faced with the argument, the prosecution failed to distinguish between an accurate instruction reflecting Florida law and giving no instruction at all.
A properly instructed jury should have heard the complete law of self-defense in Florida, not just the portions that helped Zimmerman. Had the jury been instructed about the initial aggressor exception, it might have concluded that Zimmerman’s following of Martin, though itself not criminal, was reasonably apprehended by Martin as a “threat of force.” Put another way, the jury might have concluded that Martin was the one acting in self-defense during the physical confrontation that preceded the gunshot, making Zimmerman the aggressor.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
Zimmerman was the aggressor and Trayvon had the right to defend himself. The true thug wasn't the one with a bag of Skittles and a can of Iced Tea, but the one with a gun looking for an excuse to use it.
What You May Not Know About the Zimmerman Verdict: The Evolution of a Jury Instruction | HuffPost
A properly instructed jury should have heard the complete law of self-defense in Florida, not just the portions that helped Zimmerman. Had the jury been instructed about the initial aggressor exception, it might have concluded that Zimmerman’s following of Martin, though itself not criminal, was reasonably apprehended by Martin as a “threat of force.” Put another way, the jury might have concluded that Martin was the one acting in self-defense during the physical confrontation that preceded the gunshot, making Zimmerman the aggressor.

As proven from facts presented during the trial Martin was the aggressor.

Thug Trayvon and his purple drank.

MAKAVELI

As proven from facts presented during the trial Martin was the aggressor.

Thug Trayvon and his purple drank.
According to Florida law Zimmerman was the initial aggressor but the prosecution failed to present that part of the stand your ground law to the Jury.

oldngray

nowhere special
The jury was not instructed on this part of the law.
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:
(2) Initially provokes the use or threatened use of force against himself or herself, unless:

The jury was not instructed because Zimmerman didn't use stand your ground as the basis for his defense. It was one of his options but he chose self defense instead.

vantexan

What is the evidence that Zimmerman was subject to a ruthless attack?
Witness heard him crying for help. Police observed abrasions and bleeding on the back of his head. Does walking towards someone, inquiring about where they live, what they are doing there, warrant a physical attack? The forensics also verified Zimmerman's account in terms of the proximity to each other, the trajectory of the bullet.

vantexan

In Zimmerman’s trial, however, the defense used Gibbs to persuade the trial court to strike the initial aggressor instruction in its entirety. Faced with the argument, the prosecution failed to distinguish between an accurate instruction reflecting Florida law and giving no instruction at all.
Sorry, but if someone much stronger than me is pounding my head into pavement, I'm not going to just lay there thinking, well, I was the aggressor, if he kills me he kills me.