Media Bias

MAKAVELI

Sorry, but if someone much stronger than me is pounding my head into pavement, I'm not going to just lay there thinking, well, I was the aggressor, if he kills me he kills me.
And if someone follows me at night and runs up on me I don't know if he has a knife or a gun and I will fight for my life. Sorry but Zimmerman got off because Florida is nothing but a kangaroo court.

vantexan

And if someone follows me at night and runs up on me I don't know if he has a knife or a gun and I will fight for my life. Sorry but Zimmerman got off because Florida is nothing but a kangaroo court.
So you're saying Zimmerman, the area neighborhood watchman, didn't identify himself, call out to Martin, just ran up on him in the dark?

MAKAVELI

So you're saying Zimmerman, the area neighborhood watchman, didn't identify himself, call out to Martin, just ran up on him in the dark?
I'm saying Zimmerman, a civilian, was the initial aggressor. And most people faced with the same situation would react the same way as Trayvon.

vantexan

I'm saying Zimmerman, a civilian, was the initial aggressor. And most people faced with the same situation would react the same way as Trayvon.
If calling out to Martin, questioning why he was there, warrants getting the crap beat out of you, then there really are no laws. Zimmerman could have been a totally obnoxious A-hole to Martin for all I know, that doesn't give anyone the right to bash his head in.

newfie

Zimmerman didn't run up on Martin, Martin confronted and attacked Zimmerman out of irritation because the wannabe cop was following him. Martin then attacked Zimmerman and was beating the hell out of him at which point Zimmerman pulled and fired.

I've always said that Zimmerman being such a pusillanimous and getting his ass beat by a 17 year old punk contributed to Zimmerman feeling he needed to defend himself.

MAKAVELI

Zimmerman didn't run up on Martin, Martin confronted and attacked Zimmerman out of irritation because the wannabe cop was following him. Martin then attacked Zimmerman and was beating the hell out of him at which point Zimmerman pulled and fired.

I've always said that Zimmerman being such a pusillanimous and getting his ass beat by a 17 year old punk contributed to Zimmerman feeling he needed to defend himself.
Where I'm from they call that running up on someone. You don't have to be in someone's face to be a threat. Especially in today's trigger happy society.

newfie

Where I'm from they call that running up on someone. You don't have to be in someone's face to be a threat. Especially in today's trigger happy society.

then where you're from everyone is in jail. Zimmerman was following martin from a distance. Martin ran up on Zimmerman as I described.

MAKAVELI

If calling out to Martin, questioning why he was there, warrants getting the crap beat out of you, then there really are no laws. Zimmerman could have been a totally obnoxious A-hole to Martin for all I know, that doesn't give anyone the right to bash his head in.
That's the difference between someone who has been sheltered from some of life's unpleasant experiences.

MAKAVELI

then where you're from everyone is in jail. Zimmerman was following martin from a distance. Martin ran up on Zimmerman as I described.
Like I said it's a natural fight or flight response. I guess your response would be flight in that situation.

newfie

Like I said it's a natural fight or flight response. I guess your response would be flight in that situation.

you're trying to make this up. there was no confrontation by Zimmerman. he followed from a distance and called in a suspicious person report to the police. actual court testimony states that martin was irritated that he was being followed by Zimmerman. Martin then turned around and confronted Zimmerman and started beating the hell out of him. this is not a fight or flight issue its a young kid getting irritated and making a bad decision issue. the courts got it right .

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am a fiscally conservative liberal who didn't lose a moment's sleep when that punk got what was coming to him.
I guess I am a socially liberal Conservative who thought both people were at fault and it's too bad this kid didn't get to use a chance up. I used up many of my chances when I was younger and I was was more settled than most.
I would say it's quite likely Travyon didn't get to use any chances. :sad2:

MAKAVELI

you're trying to make this up. there was no confrontation by Zimmerman. he followed from a distance and called in a suspicious person report to the police. actual court testimony states that martin was irritated that he was being followed by Zimmerman. Martin then turned around and confronted Zimmerman and started beating the hell out of him. this is not a fight or flight issue its a young kid getting irritated and making a bad decision issue. the courts got it right .
Did Zimmerman get out of his car or not?