moreluck

golden ticket member
Brings warmth to my heart.
images

Kind of like this one.

Yeah, this one too...

newfie

images

His tweet never disputed or condemned the racist tweet by Barr.

His Narcissist simply made it about himself.

It was a nice opportunity to point out a double standard in the media. The only standard liberals abide by is their own double standard.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Liberals Killed Roseanne. Conservatives Crushed the NFL Protests. Everybody Happy Now?

Roseanne is crazy, and her disgusting remark about Jarrett is perfectly in character. No one is allowed to pretend that Roseanne finally went too far, or some such nonsense: the Jarrett comment—for which she swiftly apologized, to no avail—is hardly more offensive than any number of things she has said over the years. If people who say very bad things do not deserve to work in television, then Roseanne should never have been rebooted in the first place.

And that's the problem. Conservatives won't watch football unless all the players comport themselves perfectly, rigidly adhering to the right's version of patriotic correctness. How dare you disrespect the flag, they say. Liberals don't think a television show should continue to exist if somebody central to its production does or says something super bad. How dare you traumatize our marginalized communities, they say.

This race to find more things to be offended about and more reasons to start lynch mobs doesn't seem particularly healthy for the fabric of American society, especially if right and left are determined to one-up each other on the outrage front. Many media companies will attempt to appease viewers on both sides of the ideological spectrum, and their output will be that much less interesting. I won't particularly miss Roseanne, but I do miss being able to appreciate a television show, book, or work of art, even if I thought the artist was a lunatic.

vantexan

Liberals Killed Roseanne. Conservatives Crushed the NFL Protests. Everybody Happy Now?

Roseanne is crazy, and her disgusting remark about Jarrett is perfectly in character. No one is allowed to pretend that Roseanne finally went too far, or some such nonsense: the Jarrett comment—for which she swiftly apologized, to no avail—is hardly more offensive than any number of things she has said over the years. If people who say very bad things do not deserve to work in television, then Roseanne should never have been rebooted in the first place.

And that's the problem. Conservatives won't watch football unless all the players comport themselves perfectly, rigidly adhering to the right's version of patriotic correctness. How dare you disrespect the flag, they say. Liberals don't think a television show should continue to exist if somebody central to its production does or says something super bad. How dare you traumatize our marginalized communities, they say.

This race to find more things to be offended about and more reasons to start lynch mobs doesn't seem particularly healthy for the fabric of American society, especially if right and left are determined to one-up each other on the outrage front. Many media companies will attempt to appease viewers on both sides of the ideological spectrum, and their output will be that much less interesting. I won't particularly miss Roseanne, but I do miss being able to appreciate a television show, book, or work of art, even if I thought the artist was a lunatic.
There's a difference between a one off stupid remark and being subjected every week to the spectacle of being told your country is unjust and we're going to protest it's symbols to remind you of that.

Vanakka512

Personally people shouldn't say dumb things but this is America, Rosanne got what she deserved, at the same time there is a lady named Samantha Bee also saying dumb stuff yet nothing happened yet?

Vanakka512

Ok, im sure there are people will say that Rosanne is accurate to. It not about the how accurate it is, its about what they both said. So what you saying no matter what any one says as long as its accurate its ok?

Vanakka512

I understand you cannot respond to this its to complicated for you. Thats fine man But this is about media bias no one here is defending anyone but you.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I understand you cannot respond to this its to complicated for you. Thats fine man But this is about media bias no one here is defending anyone but you.
Wut?
Media bias lol, You're overthinking this.

Roseanne's show came on a network owned by Disney. Racist conspiracy theories don't fit in well with their brand or the rest of their programming.

It will be fine

Wut?
Media bias lol, You're overthinking this.

Roseanne's show came on a network owned by Disney. Racist conspiracy theories don't fit in well with their brand or the rest of their programming.
Roseanne’s comment wasn’t even a conspiracy theory. It was a pure racist “joke” without a punchline. The tweet was just hate of Muslims and blacks, no humor to be found. That’s her problem.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Roseanne’s comment wasn’t even a conspiracy theory. It was a pure racist “joke” without a punchline. The tweet was just hate of Muslims and blacks, no humor to be found. That’s her problem.
Technically, her comment was about a "planet of the Apes" character......not a real person, but a human in costume. Her comment was ugly, but so was Samantha B's, Kathy Griffin's etc. etc. The punishments should all be the same!!!! Across the board!! Lady Justice is peeking through her blindfold.....

It will be fine

Technically, her comment was about a "planet of the Apes" character......not a real person, but a human in costume. Her comment was ugly, but so was Samantha B's, Kathy Griffin's etc. etc. The punishments should all be the same!!!! Across the board!! Lady Justice is peeking through her blindfold.....
Wrong