Media Bias

oldngray

nowhere special
307042129.jpg

LarryBird

Media bias?

What media bias?

You :censored2:ing GOP Trump*s are paranoid, conspiracy nuts. You half-wits have your very own propaganda, er news channel, and it shapes your President's policy and it's shifts day to day.

How much more could the bias work in your favor, you :censored2: *? Do you think Rachel Maddow has a key to the apartment in Trump's head, like good ol' Sean Hannity does? Homeboy rents space in the President's brain.**

**(The rent is amazingly cheap. Less than 2 cents per orange square foot.)

Last edited by a moderator:

vantexan

New audio of Tucker sounding like @vantexan making excuses for men that take underage brides. Not a good look.
I did no such thing. I pointed out if a guy is 19, and a girl 15, even 14, and they want to get married, in the majority of States that's possible if her parent, or a judge, or both, signs off on it. I'm not for older guys marrying underage girls. For that get with the Muslims, who you support because you hate Christianity. SMH

It will be fine

I did no such thing. I pointed out if a guy is 19, and a girl 15, even 14, and they want to get married, in the majority of States that's possible if her parent, or a judge, or both, signs off on it. I'm not for older guys marrying underage girls. For that get with the Muslims, who you support because you hate Christianity. SMH
All organized religion is stupid. I don’t limit myself to Christianity. 14 year olds can’t give consent, it doesn’t matter what their parents think, it’s still rape.

floridays

All organized religion is stupid. I don’t limit myself to Christianity. 14 year olds can’t give consent, it doesn’t matter what their parents think, it’s still rape.
Except in the case of abortion? You might like to rethink your skewed thinking, or attempt consistency. I'll allow you some time to think about it.

vantexan

14 year olds getting married in the U.S. was pretty common until recent decades. Pushing for getting education first has changed our concept of when is acceptable. I'll agree some 14 year olds are immature. But I knew girls in junior high that were dating older boys and were very mature for their age. So really it is a judgement call by parents or a judge, which state legislatures agree is the best course. Of course if a girl gets pregnant by an 18 year old, I guess to you the best course is to put him in jail and make her get an abortion instead of letting them marry. SMH

It will be fine

14 year olds getting married in the U.S. was pretty common until recent decades. Pushing for getting education first has changed our concept of when is acceptable. I'll agree some 14 year olds are immature. But I knew girls in junior high that were dating older boys and were very mature for their age. So really it is a judgement call by parents or a judge, which state legislatures agree is the best course. Of course if a girl gets pregnant by an 18 year old, I guess to you the best course is to put him in jail and make her get an abortion instead of letting them marry. SMH
Sounds about right, rapists go to prison and young girls shouldn’t be forced to carry rape babies to term.

LarryBird

This just stopped me dead in my tracks...and I could be wrong here, but I believe in most (all?) states the age of consent is at least 16, and then still needs parental approval despite that, as you alluded to.

Again, I'm not positive, and I read no further to see if anyone has refuted your post with the hard facts. I just had to comment immediately, because you say you're not for underage girls marrying older men, but your post suggests to me otherwise, as it at least conveys that you find it acceptable if parents and/or a judge sign off on it, if not implicitly condoning it outright.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to denigrate another religion in that process, but that's cool - I don't like ANY of them :censored2:s anyway. That obviously includes your beloved Christianity, which you somehow (years of church/parental brainwashing...not your fault, really, I'm sure) place above other religions, as if they're not complicit in 2000 years worth of criminality and wars, much like the muslims you despise, but obviously held in a different and somehow more respectable light in your view.

LarryBird

I read the next few posts...

And you naturally doubled down on the stupid. I won't even feign surprise here:
Pushing for education first has changed whether it's acceptable for older men to marry pubescent girls, and this comes off in your post as if it's perhaps a bad thing? You'll grudgingly agree that some 14 year old girls are immature, but offer the caveat that you knew others in junior high who were very mature for their age, which somehow changes things in what way?

That was just the start of the dumb. Then you took it here:
You state that statutory rape is a judgement call. Hmm, but ok, I guess I'll see where you're going with this one...

...Oh, I see. It's a judgement call because the state legislatures, who we've all known to be 100% infallible through these past 200 odd years, and judges, though hopefully not the ones from the recent Kids for Cash scandal, are the moral compass that plots the best course for young ladies everywhere throughout this land of ours? Ok, if you say so, I guess.

Then you went totally off the rails and into your favorite realm - using your religion to judge the rest of us. Usually falsely or without basis, such as in this instance here:
Stating that those of us, who aren't religious or are pro-choice, would rather that a young girl who's pregnant by an older man be forced to have an abortion, as opposed to being encouraged to marry her statutory rapist, who should obviously be excused from jail, to prepare for and attend, their pending nuptials...

...I don't even know how to begin responding to that. But I'll start by saying the obvious - people who are pro-choice, do not believe in forcing a girl/woman into ANY decisions regarding their pregnancies, and whether to continue with or abort them. If an 18, 19 or 20 year old should go to jail for the impregnation of a teenage girl is really a touchy subject, and it's entirely case sensitive, in my opinion. The details matter tremendously in these cases, and a year or two in either direction for either party can really change things up, and take an instance of teenage dating and/or sexual experimentation, to an instance of criminal behavior and/or statutory rape, using the varying exact definitions of the crime by state.

I know where my line is drawn, and though I'm not sure where everyone else's lay, that won't stop me from judging those who think it's ok for 19 and 20 year old young men to fornicate with pubescent girls, and/or those who would, or could be seen to be, encouraging marriage amongst said parties, based on some religious bull:censored2:. For me, this would also include voting for an increase in the age of consent and common sense(tough while still fair), statutory rape laws to protect girls from predatory hormonal guys everywhere - hopefully on a federal level - if it were ever to appear on the ballot in the future.

Also bro, once again, please leave your religion out of politics. For a party that loves to trumpet the wisdom of the founding fathers, and trots out the constitution whenever it's expedient for your cause to do so, you and your boys, sure have a hard time with the whole separation of church and state thing.