Medical Transfer

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
yeah i can maybe (a real thin maybe at that) see a medical transfer for you or your wife our child. definitely not for a older in law that has limited life expectancy in the first place. why would a company that's known for not transferring in the first place break there own rule and go through the procedure of a transfer that the reasoning behind might only be needed for a few years? bottom line is, if dad doesn't see the big picture here, well then maybe hes got the beginnings of Alzheimer's too? being stubborn is one thing, but screwing up your daughters whole world over it is another

Yep.

I've never heard of a medical transfer, for an hourly employee.

Maybe management ?

You would have to resign, and be hired at the new location.... providing there is

an opening. And yes, you would be an "off the street hire".

Your best bet, would be to talk with HR and try and facilitate it that way.

First thing HR will do is talk with your local management and find out what

type of an employee you have been. They aren't going to accommodate a

problem child by helping them go to the front of the line at a new location.

-Bug-

Thank you. Most helpful comment yet.

Yep.

I've never heard of a medical transfer, for an hourly employee.

Maybe management ?

I spoke with my center manager today and she reached out to one of her contact in HR who is going to look into it. But, she did say the rules are written and the only probable way to do it was to enter management.

You would have to resign, and be hired at the new location.... providing there is

an opening. And yes, you would be an "off the street hire".

Your best bet, would be to talk with HR and try and facilitate it that way.

First thing HR will do is talk with your local management and find out what

type of an employee you have been. They aren't going to accommodate a

problem child by helping them go to the front of the line at a new location.

-Bug-

yeah i can maybe (a real thin maybe at that) see a medical transfer for you or your wife our child. definitely not for a older in law that has limited life expectancy in the first place. why would a company that's known for not transferring in the first place break there own rule and go through the procedure of a transfer that the reasoning behind might only be needed for a few years? bottom line is, if dad doesn't see the big picture here, well then maybe hes got the beginnings of Alzheimer's too? being stubborn is one thing, but screwing up your daughters whole world over it is another

Because some people in the company and in management might actually have a heart and it’s worth a try. People who have worked for other companies that actually have sensible rules when it comes to hardships like these.

Because some people in the company and in management might actually have a heart and it’s worth a try. People who have worked for other companies that actually have sensible rules when it comes to hardships like these.
Look on upsers an apply for an on car position where you want to live.

SmithBarney

...Thirdly, this move would be a great way to make her dad hate her which if she didn’t like her dad wouldn’t be so bad. However, as stubborn as he may be, she still loves him and this whole idea is not an option and not useful in any way.

I hate to say it, the choice might be painful, she may need to move mom with or without dad.
Put things in the order of importance:

1. Moms Health and well being

2. Your Family(which means your Ability to maintain a career that supports them)

3. Grumpy old man...

But to sacrifice your family and career on the grounds of a "stubborn" old man.

We've made this mistake after my mom passed, thought it would be best to be near my dad to support him, it wasn't the worst choice We don't regret it at all but there were other better choices. So make a list of what takes Priority in your life as well as mom-in-law