Medicare after 65

satellitedriver

It was seamless for me to transfer from UPS insurance to UPS retirement insurance.
Retired 7yrs ago after 29yrs driving at the age of 61.
Once I reached 65, I had to transfer into Medicare and buy a supplemental policy, and it was seamless.
All I did was take the time to research online, before I retired.
I do not understand how someone could take the big step of retirement and not have done "the math".
Medicare costs me about $140.00 a month and my supplement policy is about $120.00.

It was seamless for me to transfer from UPS insurance to UPS retirement insurance.
Once I reached 65, I had to transfer into Medicare and buy a supplemental policy, and it was seamless.
I do not understand how someone could take the big step of retirement and not have done "the math".
Medicare costs me about $140.00 a month and my supplement policy is about $120.00.
Holy crap you can post something without being some stupid green ink that nobody can read....

floridays

Earth bound misfit I :thumbup1:
Me too

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
As in UPSer's?

This sort of advice is considered a failure on the retiree here on BC. At least for me......others seem to get a free pass.

Seems if you don't retire at 48 here......and have $3 mil in your 401k....

And don't forget the money made during this time also.

And why would someone quit a great job to get another? You are still working.....

Except for working nights, my feeder run is cake.

I believe your advice is far more realistic for most folks. And will be in fact how it goes...
Lol
Guy doesent save a nickel his whole career now giving retirement and financial advice

you should leave this subject to the adults and go work on your airplane

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Who is your supplement with?

satellitedriver

He’s a scab collecting a pension tread with caution
And, retired a millionaire.
Working at UPS 50 to 60hrs a week and having a side business doing custom metal work.
While my wife worked 50hrs a week managing a small country general store and she had a custom stain glass business.
Saved, invested and retired at the age of 60, totally debt free.
Rag on me all you like for being a scab, by quitting the union in 1997.
That strike was just a war between Carey and Hoffa for control of the union and the pension money.
1997 taught me to not to buy into the unions false promises and I took my retirement plans into my own hands.
The UPS pension is, and was, funded by UPS, not the Teamsters.
Every UPS driver today should say a prayer of thanks that the teamsters no longer control the future pension.
Look at the state of Central States funded pension, then look at the state of funding for your UPS pension.
I take punks calling me a scab with a grain of salt, and a badge of personal honor.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Working at UPS 50 to 60hrs a week and having a side business doing custom metal work.
While my wife worked 50hrs a week managing a small country general store and she had a custom stain glass business.
That strike was just a war between Carey and Hoffa for control of the union and the pension money.
1997 taught me to not to buy into the unions false promises and I took my retirement plans into my own hands.
Every UPS driver today should say a prayer of thanks that the teamsters no longer control the future pension.
Look at the state of Central States funded pension, then look at the state of funding for your UPS pension.
I take punks calling me a scab with a grain of salt, and a badge of personal honor.
Cool story brah
Too bad nobody gives a friend*

Cool story brah
Too bad nobody gives a friend*
Heres what you do my brother
Screenshot_20210827-225841.png

satellitedriver

Quit the Union = Scab, but getting pension?
Go into management?
Who paid the money into the pension?
Answer, UPS.
Why is the Central States pension fund are on the edge of default.
Answer, Teamsters mismanagement of the funds.
In 1987, the division manager of all of North Texas offered to write "my letter" to apply for management.
I told her, no thanks I see how managers are treated.
I am still a member in good standing with USW ( United Steel Workers) since 1973.
I am still a member in good standing with IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) since 1979.
Was a Teamster for 11yrs, before I realized the depth of corruption and told them to FO.
From that day in 1997, I donated the money I paid in teamster union dues to charity and still do today 24yrs later.
I do not lay down with dogs and standup with fleas.
Fleas cause scabs.
Enjoy your little comfort blanket of teamster protection, because apparently you can not depend on your own ability.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Who paid the money into the pension?
Answer, UPS.
Why is the Central States pension fund are on the edge of default.
Answer, Teamsters mismanagement of the funds.
In 1987, the division manager of all of North Texas offered to write "my letter" to apply for management.
I told her, no thanks I see how managers are treated.
I am still a member in good standing with USW ( United Steel Workers) since 1973.
I am still a member in good standing with IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) since 1979.
Was a Teamster for 11yrs, before I realized the depth of corruption and told them to FO.
From that day in 1997, I donated the money I paid in teamster union dues to charity and still do today 24yrs later.
I do not lay down with dogs and standup with fleas.
Fleas cause scabs.
Enjoy your little comfort blanket of teamster protection, because apparently you can not depend on your own ability.
Not this S* again