Medicare after 65

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Lol
Guy doesent save a nickel his whole career now giving retirement and financial advice

you should leave this subject to the adults and go work on your airplane
1630690459767.png

satellitedriver

Just like many other lifelong people who want to be in or collected work when it's comp and now all the sudden they had a 30-year career here....
I started working for a steady wage in 1967 at Burger Chef, at the age of 14, and have been employed everyday since then.
In 1958, I shined shoes on the corners for a 5 cents.
In 1964,I cleaned out horse stalls for $5 a day at a local horse stable.
In 1971, I was a net maker. Shrimp nets, beach skein's, river hoop nets, even the backstop nets in the Astrodome.
In 1977, I went to night school and learned welding, got a job at a world wide crane maker co. and in three months as a low paid helper I went from a helper to the lead fitter in the small crane dept.
Married in 1978.
In 1979, I took a job in a coalmine as a troubleshooter mechanic and bought my 20 acres and started carving out a beautiful place to live.
In 1985, after a near death experience and a back operation for a ruptured disc I quit the coal mine.
I had a tough next year getting by.
In 1986, I hired on at UPS as temporary Christmas hire and had no idea it was a company that was unionized, nor cared.
December 31st 1986, I was laid off.
January 3rd 1987, I was called and asked if I wanted a fulltime job at UPS.
I accepted.
In 1990, my wife and I had side business's.
She managed a general store and did custom stain glass work for churches/ ect...
I learned traditional blacksmithing work and built a full working coal fired/ hammer and anvil shop.
On the weekends I would build custom pieces for my customers.
In 1995, I had a hernia while delivering a heavy pkg.
I was off for 4 weeks.
In 1997, I told the teamsters to foff.
In 2010, colon cancer came along had a large part of my gut cut out and I had to take 3months off from work.
First day back I had a 12hr day and averaged a 10 to 11hr day until I retired in 2014.
In 2012, I had my second hernia operation and had time to think about our future.
That's when I did the math and planned my escape from the working mans world.
I still live on that 20 acres with a beautiful home and a beautiful wife.

The union had jack doodle squat with my decision to work for UPS.
So in conclusion,
when piss ant union punks think that the union is why I have what I have, then let them think that.

Tell us your life story, pkg boy.
Without the union to protect you where would you be?
What have you ever done on your own without union protection?
I have little doubt that you and your cohorts will either not respond with your life stories, or just blow me off as being a scab.
I have honestly told the basic facts of my life and I wonder if the punks out there will be as honest and forthcoming as I have been.

Til next time,
Steve

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I started working for a steady wage in 1967 at Burger Chef, at the age of 14, and have been employed everyday since then.
In 1971, I was a net maker. Shrimp nets, beach skein's, river hoop nets, even the backstop nets in the Astrodome.
In 1977, I went to night school and learned welding, got a job at a world wide crane maker co. and in three months as a low paid helper I went from a helper to the lead fitter in the small crane dept.
Married in 1978.
In 1979, I took a job in a coalmine as a troubleshooter mechanic and bought my 20 acres and started carving out a beautiful place to live.
In 1985, after a near death experience and a back operation for a ruptured disc I quit the coal mine.
In 1986, I hired on at UPS as temporary Christmas hire and had no idea it was a company that was unionized, nor cared.
I accepted.
She managed a general store and did custom stain glass work for churches/ ect...
I learned traditional blacksmithing work and built a full working coal fired/ hammer and anvil shop.
I was off for 4 weeks.
In 2010, colon cancer came along had a large part of my gut cut out and I had to take 3months off from work.
First day back I had a 12hr day and averaged a 10 to 11hr day until I retired in 2014.
In 2012, I had my second hernia operation and had time to think about our future.

So in conclusion,
when piss ant union punks think that the union is why I have what I have, then let them think that.

I have little doubt that you and your cohorts will either not respond with your life stories, or just blow me off as being a scab.
I have honestly told the basic facts of my life and I wonder if the punks out there will be as honest and forthcoming as I have been.

Til next time,
Steve
Another cool story brah
Doesent change the fact that you’re a scab and always will be. You can try and spin it however you want. Doesent change anything

floridays

What year did the Teamsters begin graduated or progressive payscales?

Just a question.

I do know, for a fact when I began my first paycheck had the same payrate as a dockworker of 30 years I worked shoulder to shoulder with.

rod

Retired 22 years
Married in 1978.
I accepted.
I was off for 4 weeks.

So in conclusion,

Til next time,
Steve
Ok- I’ll be honest. Even though there were times I hated the Union I am smart enough to to know without them I would never have had the opportunity to work at a job that had Great pay and benefits and retire at 53. Do you honestly think UPS would offer those perks if it wasn’t for the Union. As long as we are telling sob stories I to also started working in the 4th grade and had a job continuously (except for 2 months after getting out of the Army) until I turned 70. At that time I said enough is enough.

Shiftless

OK, if we have to be honest about the Teamster Union?

It's not perfect! UPS and the Teamsters worked for me!

I have never been without Healthcare, actually not only made a fair amount of money for what I did along with I had paid Vacations, Holiday's and Sick leave, it allowed me to retire at age 49 and in NOW my SIXTEENTH plus year of being retired so far I have never worked since or plan to again!

Choices, YA GOTTA LOVE CHOICES!

ski or die

Ski or Die
OK, if we have to be honest about the Teamster Union?

It's not perfect! UPS and the Teamsters worked for me!

I have never been without Healthcare, actually not only made a fair amount of money for what I did along with I had paid Vacations, Holiday's and Sick leave, it allowed me to retire at age 49 and in NOW my SIXTEENTH plus year of being retired so far I have never worked since or plan to again!

Choices, YA GOTTA LOVE CHOICES!
Allowed me to retire at 49 also, now my TWENTY-THIRD plus year of being retired. Union has been very good. Payment every month on time, never ever late and never short on payment like when working for UPS. I remember well 97' watching scabs sneak thru picket lines in back of package cars because they were to embarrassed to show their faces. But we found out who crossed anyway.

Allowed me to retire at 49 also, now my TWENTY-THIRD plus year of being retired. Union has been very good. Payment every month on time, never ever late and never short on payment like when working for UPS. I remember well 97' watching scabs sneak thru picket lines in back of package cars because they were to embarrassed to show their faces. But we found out who crossed anyway.
How did that affect your social security payments retiring that early?

ski or die

Ski or Die
How did that affect your social security payments retiring that early?
Social Security is based on 5 highest earning years of employment and when you start taking the payments. You can start taking SS as early as 62, I had a cousin who waited until 70. He was in Carpenter's Union and when he retired his health insurance ceased on him and his wife. She was not 65 yet and her insurance would have been outrageous. At least ours continues on our spouses until they reach 65. Then Medicare kicks in.

Social Security is based on 5 highest earning years of employment and when you start taking the payments. You can start taking SS as early as 62, I had a cousin who waited until 70. He was in Carpenter's Union and when he retired his health insurance ceased on him and his wife. She was not 65 yet and her insurance would have been outrageous. At least ours continues on our spouses until they reach 65. Then Medicare kicks in.
That is incorrect say security is based on your 35 years of your best earnings