Medicare after 65

satellitedriver

I’am gonna guess no
I see him as a big time arse kisser come in earlier work off the clock kinda gu
If he ever bid a route then he used his seniority. I bet he didn’t allow himself to be skipped by EVERY driver ahead of him for vacation picks either. And so on…..

I’m gonna assume YES.

LMFAO
Nope, Seniority had no play.

If he ever bid a route then he used his seniority. I bet he didn’t allow himself to be skipped by EVERY driver ahead of him for vacation picks either. And so on…..

I’m gonna assume YES.

LMFAO
Well, you assumed wrong.
I had a 102 mile daily commute everyday for 9yrs.
No one else wanted to be a a solo satellite driver, even those that had 15 yrs seniority over me.
Never worked off the clock.
Vacation weeks choices here are based on seniority, no way to "skip" ahead.

Overpaid Union Thug

Well, you assumed wrong.
No one else wanted to be a a solo satellite driver, even those that had 15 yrs seniority over me.
Did you allow people below you (which was what I obvious meant) to select routes and vacations before you? If not. Then you needed the protection of the union after all.

satellitedriver

Did you allow people below you (which was what I obvious meant) to select routes and vacations before you? If not. Then you needed the protection of the union after all.
No one ever asked me to swap vacation weeks.
If they had a good reason to be off that week I would have gladly changed my weeks.
Protection by the union?
No employee with seniority above me, or below me, wanted the satellite route I had for 19yrs.
Too much work loading my pkg car, and long hours, for the good union members.
After I retired, I had to laugh that they had to divide my route between three (union) drivers to get the job done.
OTG, you are over paid and the union makes you feel like a thug because you can not stand up face to face, without a crowd behind you.
Every "thug" I knew growing up on the SouthSide of Houston were just bullies and punks.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well, you assumed wrong.
I’am going to assume the reason you took this satellite route with the 102 mile commute is because everybody in your building knew you were a scab and treated you as such
How’d I do?

Overpaid Union Thug

No one ever asked me to swap vacation weeks.
If they had a good reason to be off that week I would have gladly changed my weeks.
Protection by the union?

Yes. That’s the FREE protection you took full advantage of instead of opting out. I mean you opted out of the union so why should have you benefited from it? If you were a principled man you’d have let EVERYONE in the union skip you on vacation picks, job opportunities, extra work, less work, etc. But you didn’t.
No employee with seniority above me, or below me, wanted the satellite route I had for 19yrs.
Too much work loading my pkg car, and long hours, for the good union members. After I retired, I had to laugh that they had to divide my route between three (union) drivers to get the job done.

Sounds like you were a center manager’s wet dream.
OTG, you are over paid and the union makes you feel like a thug because you can not stand up face to face, without a crowd behind you.
Every "thug" I knew growing up on the SouthSide of Houston were just bullies and punks.
At least I am not a freeloading hypocrite.

Last edited:

satellitedriver

Yes. That’s the FREE protection you took full advantage of instead of opting out. I mean you opted out of the union so why should have you benefited from it? If you were a principled man you’d have let EVERYONE in the union skip you on vacation picks, job opportunities, extra work, less work, etc. But you didn’t.

Sounds like you were a center manager’s wet dream.

At least I am not a freeloading hypocrite.
The union made the rules of seniority mandatory for ALL employees through the contract.
No advantage there since the union controlled the rules.
It was my principles that made me quit the union over the real reasons of the 1997 strike.
Wrong again, the center manager hated the concept of a satellite route and had extra work put on me trying to force me to quit, or come back to the center.
I just took the money from working 12 to 13hr days over the 19yrs as a solo satellite driver.
I saved and invested the O.T. money allowing me to retire debt free, with a nice nest egg, at the age of 60.
Now, you are going to argue that I would not have made as much money if I did not work for a union controlled company.
Once again, you are incorrect.
I chose the place I wanted to live and UPS paid enough to make my dream come true.
Easily, if I wanted to have to travel, or live in a big city, I could have made more.
I chose to live a quiet life in the country.
Freeload? You have no clue what it took to build my life.

Overpaid Union Thug

The union made the rules of seniority mandatory for ALL employees through the contract.
No advantage there since the union controlled the rules.
It was my principles that made me quit the union over the real reasons of the 1997 strike.
Wrong again, the center manager hated the concept of a satellite route and had extra work put on me trying to force me to quit, or come back to the center.
I just took the money from working 12 to 13hr days over the 19yrs as a solo satellite driver.
I saved and invested the O.T. money allowing me to retire debt free, with a nice nest egg, at the age of 60.
Now, you are going to argue that I would not have made as much money if I did not work for a union controlled company.
Once again, you are incorrect.
I chose the place I wanted to live and UPS paid enough to make my dream come true.
Easily, if I wanted to have to travel, or live in a big city, I could have made more.
I chose to live a quiet life in the country.
Freeload? You have no clue what it took to build my life.
Yeah…you free loaded.

Overpaid Union Thug

It's Sunday don't get me started on this piece of crap

Guys like that need to punched right in the throat
We have too many like him in my center. The attitudes are what drives people crazy. Like they honestly believe they’d have their pay, benefits, seniority, positions, and PENSION, simply because they are “da bomb.”

Then there’s the few that no one really notices because they avoid contact with everyone else. They kinda stay in the shadows (usually doctoring their loads off the clock) until pcm starts.

Funny how both types don’t hesitate to exercise seniority at each opportunity. And, of course, are all of the sudden very friendly with us spoiled union thugs (particularly the stewards/BAs) when their job is on the line.

These people are unprincipled scumbags.

35years

Gravy route
So,
Unless the Union was the obstacle from eliminating a bid satellite, what would stop the center manager from eliminating the route?

Think carefully, you already admitted they split the route 3 ways once you retired. If it wasn't the bid securing your route, the only reasonable explination is the manager was keeping you away from the union members because you were a scab during the strike.

So without the union bid, your cushy satellite would have been disolved.

By the way I have done satellite routes, and have a cush rural route now after doing the ball buster city routes. Guys who have only done rural have no clue how much harder the industrial routes are.