Medicare after 65

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
The social security administration sent me a letter stating that I have to get a form CMS-L56 filled out by my employer, ups. I have contacted all upper management at my building 43rd St and my local 804 and no help. Sent it to the local via mail and they said it has to be filled out by your employer, not the union. Ups says no since they don't administer the medical insurance. I just retired after 37 year's and moved away. We are not covered once we turn 65. I sent form and letter to ups retirement dept and they said they only due retirement pension. Social security administration says it's federal law to have it filled out. Can't get anyone to fill out, so no medical insurance part B til then. Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• Application for Enrollment Into Part B.pdf
    68 KB · Views: 131
The social security administration sent me a letter stating that I have to get a form CMS-L56 filled out by my employer, ups. I have contacted all upper management at my building 43rd St and my local 804 and no help. Sent it to the local via mail and they said it has to be filled out by your employer, not the union. Ups says no since they don't administer the medical insurance. I just retired after 37 year's and moved away. We are not covered once we turn 65. I sent form and letter to ups retirement dept and they said they only due retirement pension. Social security administration says it's federal law to have it filled out. Can't get anyone to fill out, so no medical insurance part B til then. Any help is appreciated
Maybe call the pension fund?

rod

Retired 22 years
Once again a retiree is treated like they are the first one ever to retire from UPS. What a crock of :poop:--- Get your acts together UPS and Teamsters Union.

Shiftless

I'm on the West Coast. Retired over 16 years and turned 65 last year.

My health insurance up to age 65 was provided by UPS and was the same plan as the UPS drivers get in my area.

But! I had the opposite happen to me. When I was qualified for Medicare I was notified by both Medicare and UPS that I would have to have a certain form that UPS sent me if I ever wanted to opt out and go to part "B". Showing PROOF I had intact and current supplemental Health care from UPS while using Medicare part "A".

It was over a year ago and I am not where that is right now. I think it indicated I would be fined and would be outside enrollment to part "B" if I couldn't show proof I had insurance coverage??? Or in your case not having insurance!

You are going to have show who ever provided your health insurance previous to Medicare fill that out! MEANING, if UPS was your healthcare provider they do it. If your insurance was thru the Teamsters? They will do it.

Good Luck!

ski or die

Ski or Die
Later after I had retired, I turned 65 and signed up for Medicare A and B. Six months later received a letter from UPS that I could not have UPS insurance and Medicare and I would have to cancel Medicare which I did. I had not submitted any claims to UPS, just Medicare. 2 months later UPS sent me a letter informing me that my insurance was terminated when I turned 65 which then caused the problem that you are required to apply for Medicare within 6 months of turning 65 and it had been 8 months at the time of them cancelling. UPS was no help in the matter. Actually had to to contact Dept of Labor who contacted UPS Corporate offices. It was resolved quickly and UPS sent me a letter stating my insurance was in effect for the extra 8 months and I was able to reinstate Medicare. Some very incompetent workers in the insurance division.

oldngray

nowhere special
Later after I had retired, I turned 65 and signed up for Medicare A and B. Six months later received a letter from UPS that I could not have UPS insurance and Medicare and I would have to cancel Medicare which I did. I had not submitted any claims to UPS, just Medicare. 2 months later UPS sent me a letter informing me that my insurance was terminated when I turned 65 which then caused the problem that you are required to apply for Medicare within 6 months of turning 65 and it had been 8 months at the time of them cancelling. UPS was no help in the matter. Actually had to to contact Dept of Labor who contacted UPS Corporate offices. It was resolved quickly and UPS sent me a letter stating my insurance was in effect for the extra 8 months and I was able to reinstate Medicare. Some very incompetent workers in the insurance division.
I think they use a third party to handle insurance. And it shows.

Shiftless

Did you retire under the WCT plan with UPS Health Care? Maybe because of you they had to change how they handled us who followed in your footsteps?

Shiftless

For those who have had the UPS Health Care till 65 (not Teamster) and added Medicare, did you keep the UPS retirement healthcare or switch to a plan "B" that was offered thru Medicare?

I can't switch to a plan "B" till my wife hits 65 in 14 months.

Some I know have switched off the UPS plan and are happy.

I have talked to another where the spouse dropped off and now regrets it because of the prescription's that have changed.

badpal

Gosh, all this seems like a complicated mess. I sure dread getting into the whole medicare thing in a few years. My folks are just are close to 90 and are almost scared to answer the phone anymore with all the medicare insurance companys calling them constantly.

Big Rigger

I retired in the central region and enrolled in medicare the prescribed months prior to my 65th birthday month. My birthday is later in the month but TeamCare told me that my company insurance would no longer be in effect as of the first day of my birthday month and medicare began on the first day. I never signed any ups paperwork and the transition was (thankfully) seamless.

Once you retire this is the effort you get from "others"...
Screenshot_20210805-184627.png

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Is the supplement for medicare A&B worth the premium?
It's $450 a month here. This is the first year for my wife . Have 4 months to go before a full year, but so far they have paid out around a thousand bucks. And it's been fairly busy medical wise.
You're paying someone to hold your money. (yeah, that's ins.)
I know in some ways it's chancy, but there would have to be some major things happen to pay out $5400.00 in a year after medicare gets done.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Is the supplement for medicare A&B worth the premium?
It's $450 a month here. This is the first year for my wife . Have 4 months to go before a full year, but so far they have paid out around a thousand bucks. And it's been fairly busy medical wise.
You're paying someone to hold your money. (yeah, that's ins.)
I know in some ways it's chancy, but there would have to be some major things happen to pay out $5400.00 in a year after medicare gets done.

That 450 a month.. Is that only for your wife or are you included?... My wife has Medicare A and B and only pays 150..

We might all consider working pass 65 just because of our good private insurance. Just use Medicare as a supplement.

BrownFlush

That 450 a month.. Is that only for your wife or are you included?... My wife has Medicare A and B and only pays 150..

We might all consider working pass 65 just because of our good private insurance. Just use Medicare as a supplement.
It’s $450 for 1 or 100 dependents

BrownFlush

I just think it might be hard to reach $5400 dollars per year in medical expense after Medicare is done. Many docs and hospitals just take what Medicare pays and write off the rest.

quad decade guy

As in UPSer's?

This sort of advice is considered a failure on the retiree here on BC. At least for me......others seem to get a free pass.

Seems if you don't retire at 48 here......and have $3 mil in your 401k....

And don't forget the money made during this time also.

And why would someone quit a great job to get another? You are still working.....

Except for working nights, my feeder run is cake.

I believe your advice is far more realistic for most folks. And will be in fact how it goes...

Once again a retiree is treated like they are the first one ever to retire from UPS. What a crock of :poop:--- Get your acts together UPS and Teamsters Union.
Sounds like jealousy to me. We all know you were the first one to retire.