Meet the New Boss

Nimnim

The Nim
Ask them if they have paperwork that tells them the answer. Regardless if they do or don't they need to observe things on their own.

hyena

A change of supervisors is nothing new to my preload, seems every year or so it happens.
Its interesting to have these SUPs approach you and ask for the dirt on your fellow employees.
I understand a new boss needs to learn all about the ranks bellow him but I get very uncomfortable when I get these questions such as "Who has the most attendance problems?" and who has the most trouble keeping up?
Its not my place to rat on people so I give him vague answers and very little critical information on my co-workers.

Is this something that newly assigned Supervisors do very often?
I remember being vetted by the higher ups before, and that was not a fun experience
I had a supervisor do this to me when I first started. He told me he needed some help with construction work at his parents. He paid me really good ( at this point I knew I was in a union but had no clue what it even meant. All I knew was I paid union dues.) Well he started talking to me about other workers and even supervisors telling me how he didn't like them blah blah blah. He was trying to recruit me to be his snitch. I was like hell no. I had a lot of respect for my pt sup and still have mad respect for him. When I didn't go along I became a target and this :censored2: was always trying to fire me. Put me through hell, but I weatherd the storm. Looking back I'd do it all again wouldn't change a thing. I went through hell now I enjoy what I do for a living. Don't ever sell yourself short and screw someone else no matter what they promise you. I put in the hard work myself and earned it. No one can ever take that from me!

arice11

The first thing I do, is find the pimple faced kid and ask him: "which of these female drivers will put out for a Blizzard"?

My curse returns!
She was spying on me on the Building SUPs orders most likely, so a slight relevance to this thread.
And anyway I always thought it was a quaint but cool place to take someone out for a treat.
Y'all make it seem like I have no imagination on the matter, but sometimes I find the simple the sugar and the chocolate can be a fantastic way to meet someone.
Not that it was legitimate in the end, just a good idea.

Z

ZQXC

My curse returns!

upload_2015-5-18_5-35-18.jpeg
Get you some.........

arice11

This new supervisor is strange. He lets half my preload crew go home after break and he ends up sorting and unloading himself.
I thought management was not allowed to handle boxes?
Seeing as how I'm in a union, maybe I should grieve every day. I could. The start times are never correct and every-day we're shorted hours. I could go on...but my point is mainly the supervisor.
Does anyone else have a SUP that cuts workers and then gets busy on the unload him/herself?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
This new supervisor is strange. He lets half my preload crew go home after break and he ends up sorting and unloading himself.
Seeing as how I'm in a union, maybe I should grieve every day. I could. The start times are never correct and every-day we're shorted hours. I could go on...but my point is mainly the supervisor.
Does anyone else have a SUP that cuts workers and then gets busy on the unload him/herself?
image.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A change of supervisors is nothing new to my preload, seems every year or so it happens.
Its interesting to have these SUPs approach you and ask for the dirt on your fellow employees.
I understand a new boss needs to learn all about the ranks bellow him but I get very uncomfortable when I get these questions such as "Who has the most attendance problems?" and who has the most trouble keeping up?
Its not my place to rat on people so I give him vague answers and very little critical information on my co-workers.

Is this something that newly assigned Supervisors do very often?
I remember being vetted by the higher ups before, and that was not a fun experience
I would answer those question by saying , " me " .

box_beeyotch

They used to do that when I worked local sort here. One week I filed 5 times, once per day. As well as one other guy who actually cared about their hours at the time. It stopped after that. Supervisors dont even break jams or tote smalls anymore in our building.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My curse returns!
She was spying on me on the Building SUPs orders most likely, so a slight relevance to this thread.
And anyway I always thought it was a quaint but cool place to take someone out for a treat.
Y'all make it seem like I have no imagination on the matter, but sometimes I find the simple the sugar and the chocolate can be a fantastic way to meet someone.
Not that it was legitimate in the end, just a good idea.
Dude you are obsessed....please seek some counseling.

arice11

Dude you are obsessed....please seek some counseling.
You're the one's obsessed with it.Bringing it back into threads outside the otherwise topic.
And what kind of "help" would I look for? You make it sound like I need a shrink just because I had a passing crush on a coworker...I'm pretty sure that's normal for humans to be attracted to other humans.
She's a cool person, hasn't said or done anything to me and I respect that and do likewise. So that's the end of that...(until someone here brings it up again)

What on earth is it about this story that suddenly qualifies people as experts.
I posted this topic because I'm concerned about my new management. Jeez....

arice11

Well another supervisor is going away.
Which is unfortunate since I've liked my old boss. He was the type of SUP who had our backs and was very no-nonsense, at times harsh but a great leader.
He was also the one who introduced me to DQ Girl and likely tried to get info on me from her. Which is reasonable, guys are likely to spill the beans when asked by a bomb-shell blond. hahaha
But I digress. This new boss is a bit intimidating and I've heard other employees say he use to manage preload a long time ago and frequently adjusted employee hours to fix numbers.
This is a scary thought, but 25 year veterans have assured me that business will carry on as usual.
When a new manager starts up, should I re-submit my driving applications?

arice11

Working for free isn't fun, IDK why my co-workers are allowed to clock in an hour earlier than their start time.
But I digress. Today was the first day the new boss was in charge, so I waltzed into the management office and grabbed a safety meeting paper to present to the crew.
Boss got to watch, just like the one before. You have to make an impression, show them who and what you are immediately. Even if my crew doesn't care, its the top brass that needs to see what I'm capable of.
Now if only I can convince them to let me start an hour early like the guy who I have one year seniority on.
UPS must love employees who work for free. I don't want something bad to happen to my irreg crew, but if it does and we're not technically on-the-clock, what crazy repercussions might ensue. I doubt any of the three of us who come in earlier than the rest would even report an injury.
I've worked with a bruised toe, busted nose, dislocated finger and black-eyes. Nothing seems to stop me!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Working for free isn't fun, IDK why my co-workers are allowed to clock in an hour earlier than their start time.
But I digress. Today was the first day the new boss was in charge, so I waltzed into the management office and grabbed a safety meeting paper to present to the crew.
Boss got to watch, just like the one before. You have to make an impression, show them who and what you are immediately. Even if my crew doesn't care, its the top brass that needs to see what I'm capable of.
Now if only I can convince them to let me start an hour early like the guy who I have one year seniority on.
UPS must love employees who work for free. I don't want something bad to happen to my irreg crew, but if it does and we're not technically on-the-clock, what crazy repercussions might ensue. I doubt any of the three of us who come in earlier than the rest would even report an injury.
I've worked with a bruised toe, busted nose, dislocated finger and black-eyes. Nothing seems to stop me!
Cool story bro.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My first impression would be you're a brown nose. Not a go getter.
What a superstar.